Author Topic: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)  (Read 4763 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: PAX Event Schedule Online & Compendium Meetup(s)
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:37 pm »
Kay, thanks!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:22 pm »
I am staying at the 6th avenue inn so everywhere is just in walking distance!

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 03:48:50 am »
There are always some cosplayers at PAX, and they're always a winning site! If you have the confidence to pull it off, you'll stick in people's memories, just like that guy who dressed up as Princess Peach.

To get to Gelatiamo, leave the Convention Center and walk downhill on Pike Street till you get to 3rd Avenue. Turn left and keep walking for a couple of blocks. You will see Benaroya Hall, home of the Seattle Symphony, on the right-hand side of the street. Gelatiamo is directly across the street, on your left side.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 03:52:29 am »
To get to Gelatiamo, leave the Convention Center and walk downhill on Pike Street till you get to 3rd Avenue. Turn left and keep walking for a couple of blocks. You will see Benaroya Hall, home of the Seattle Symphony, on the right-hand side of the street. Gelatiamo is directly across the street, on your left side.

Have you decided if you'll be joining us?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 04:37:39 am »
I couldn't get tickets (sold out the day before I was paid), but I'll bus up for that gelato on Saturday. Bout how long do you guys plan on staying there? It takes a bit of time to bus to and from Seattle, and I don't really want to be out there after dark.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 04:39:56 am »
I'm not sure. I don't know how long we'll stay down there. But maybe we can find some other things to do with you. If you want, you can borrow my pass and check out the con yourself for a while and I'll go find some way to entertain myself. Also, I know how we were thinking of playing card games. I'll bring my deck XD.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 04:48:50 am »
There's always sight seeing. I am not letting you leave Washington until you've been to Pike Place market. I know of a cheapish bowling alley in Kirkland, too, but that'd require people willing to drive a lot of other people around. I don't have a license.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 05:18:41 am »
Yeah, I'm reserving sight seeing for Sunday, since I didn't get a pass for Sunday. Maybe you should come on Sunday too!

EDIT:

A few more things.

Question. I will need to know approximately how long it takes to pick up the pass so I'm not late to the ice cream thing. It takes 2-3 hours at  my con to pick up Saturday passes. And Apparently since this con is much huger, I'm worried it will take a ton of time. Is it possible to pick up the pass late Friday night? My hotel is far from the con, so I'm not sure if my friend will be up for driving us there to pick up our passes, but in some ways, if that's possible, it's preferable.

Oh and Lord J, it would make more sense if I cosplayed something that had to do with video games(I have in the past), but the two cosplays I was thinking about have nothing to do with video games and have more to do with Japanese culture, so even though they'd fit in with an anime con, I think I'd get strange looks for the wrong reasons. So I'm going to have to go with a VG-related shirt this time : ).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:54:34 pm by ZaichikArky »

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 04:23:45 pm »
Yeah, I'm reserving sight seeing for Sunday, since I didn't get a pass for Sunday. Maybe you should come on Sunday too!

EDIT:

A few more things.

Question. I will need to know approximately how long it takes to pick up the pass so I'm not late to the ice cream thing. It takes 2-3 hours at  my con to pick up Saturday passes. And Apparently since this con is much huger, I'm worried it will take a ton of time. Is it possible to pick up the pass late Friday night? My hotel is far from the con, so I'm not sure if my friend will be up for driving us there to pick up our passes, but in some ways, if that's possible, it's preferable.

Oh and Lord J, it would make more sense if I cosplayed something that had to do with video games(I have in the past), but the two cosplays I was thinking about have nothing to do with video games and have more to do with Japanese culture, so even though they'd fit in with an anime con, I think I'd get strange looks for the wrong reasons. So I'm going to have to go with a VG-related shirt this time : ).
This is my first con actually. My three day badge arrived in the mail, must be because I ordered it so early.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 01:45:44 am »
Question; how will we know who's who at the Gellato shop, unless you guys leave PAX in a group? Should I just walk up to people and ask "Hey do I know you from the internet" till I find you?

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 01:49:57 am »
There will be a big sign...

:franky

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 02:01:12 am »
Question; how will we know who's who at the Gellato shop, unless you guys leave PAX in a group? Should I just walk up to people and ask "Hey do I know you from the internet" till I find you?

wear big sombrero

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 02:05:44 am »
Oh sign, ok cool. Yeah, the only ones I'd be able to recognize would be Z girl because I know how she looks like.

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 02:09:12 am »

wear big sombrero
What kind of effigy would you like by the by?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2009, 02:14:00 am »
If you want a sign, I can paint one up in photoshop and print it onto cardboard. It'd probably be the Frozen Flame, or the CT time gauge.