Author Topic: Quote Digest  (Read 151160 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
Re: Quote Digest
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2006, 11:24:02 am »
Quote from: Moogles
Kupo!

FFXSage

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2006, 01:44:11 pm »

Quote from: Ice Water
Crono can save the world with a Mop, and Cloud needs a gigantic sword. Crono could own Cloud.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2006, 04:52:16 pm »
QUOTES

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2006, 10:49:47 pm »
In all honesty, Z, could you post those as thumbnails? I know you're ZeaLitY, but it's still against forum rules to post disruptively large pictures. I don't want other people getting the idea that it's okay to do that...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2006, 09:54:20 am »
In all honesty, Z, could you post those as thumbnails? I know you're ZeaLitY, but it's still against forum rules to post disruptively large pictures. I don't want other people getting the idea that it's okay to do that...
What do you think this is, a democracy?

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2006, 10:28:05 am »
This should be nice...

Taking the freedom of others is true sin, that's why God gave us free will. - Matilda from the Lengend of Mana

I think should do, That I pretend that I'm one of those deaf-mutes? Or should I? - Smiley man from Ghost in the shell

What it is to a man when he gain the world but loses his own soul. - Dracula from Castlevania: The Symphony of the Night

I your attack goes well, your walking to an ambush. - anonymous

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2006, 08:29:45 am »
Quote from: Osama Bin Laden
Before I begin, I say to you that security is an indispensable pillar of human life and that free men do not forfeit their security, contrary to Bush's claim that we hate freedom. If so, then let him explain to us why we don't strike for example— Sweden?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2006, 01:33:38 am »
Ah, those huge pics are still there, aren't they...

Quote from: Ghandi
You are the change you wish to see in the world.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2006, 09:20:56 am »
Ah, those huge pics are still there, aren't they...

Quote from: Ghandi
You are the change you wish to see in the world.

Yup. But those pics give us confidence! And they remind us of Guy's dynamic entry... Not to mention Rock Lee's awesome determination.  :lee: (Gawd, we need a Guy smiley.)

And that Ghandi quote is interesting... I don't really understand it, though. Care to tell me what it means?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2006, 09:28:24 am »
I think it means that how we behave and mold ourselves reflects on how we would want the world to be. For instance, in matters of sport, I try to obey the highest sportsmanlike conduct specifications and be totally ethical. It's no surprise that I wish other players would do the same.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2006, 09:31:55 am »
Ah, so it's like how I'm obsessed with Chrono Trigger, and I try desperately to get all of my friends to play it...  :lee: I convinced one of them to play it last week, actually...  :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2006, 07:33:24 pm »
Whoa, this is weird, I'm actually going to be the one who tries to swing the topic back on-topic! *mock shock*

Here's some quotes from my new favorite set of comics from our neighbors to the north (Canadia), specifically by author Bryan Lee O'malleScott Pilgrim!

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott: We almost held hands once, but then she got embarassed.

Scott: I knew that I personally rocked, but I never suspected that we rocked as a unit.

Ramona: You're not alone. You're just having some idiotic dream.
Scott: I'm dreaming?...Can we make out, then?

Scott: Man, this party totally sucks. I'm going to go pee due to boredom.

Ramona: It's like...rapid transit? Subspace highways?
Scott: Is it like in Super Mario 2?

Scott Pilgrim V.S. the World

Scott: You suck, surprising no-one!!!!...If bad was a boot, you'd fit it!!!!...You're a stupid poo-poo head! I had sexual relations with your mother!!!...Your mother was not that good in bed!...You, sir, are a wretched soul!...I am rubber, you are glue!

Scott: Oh, check it out! I learned the bass line from Final Fantasy Two.

Scott: N-no! I can't even use this! Why didn't I pick that skateboard proficiency back in grade five!?

Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness

Scott: That's it! That is it, you cocky cock! You'll pay for your crimes against humanity!!!

Wallace: Ramona, I love you. I'll love you forever. And I have dipping sauce for you! I'll be your dipping sauce bitch!

Envy: Okay, so...have either of you ever been in here?
Scott: No. Well, once sort of, but I almost died.

Scott: If I peed my pants, would you guys pretend I just got wet from the rain?

Scott: Are you sure it'll be okay?
Ramona: Dude, come on. We're shirking duties randomly made up by people who hate us.

Scott: And then what happened?
Ramona: Uhhh...About thirty pages of explosions and tidal waves.

Ramona: That's it?
Scott: Yeah, I moved. I moved here. It kind of ended. We changed.
Ramona: That's it?!
Scott: What do you want?...Okay! I had to fight a dude to get with her! I fought a crazy seven-foot-tall purple-suited dude! And I had to fight 96 guys to get to him, too! He was flying and shooting lightning bolts from his eyes and he could make people do whatever he said automatically! He was totally awesome! And I kicked him so far he saw the curvature of the Earth!!
Ramona: Okay, shut up now. I'm going to bed.

Kim: We are Sex Bob-Omb!!! We are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!!!

Here's that interview w/Marilyn Manson that Michael Moore does in Bowling For Columbine...I've always liked it...

Marilyn Manson: The two byproducts of that whole tragedy were violence in entertainment and gun control. How perfect that those were the two things we were gonna talk about with the upcoming election. Also, then we forgot about Monica Lewinsky. And we forgot about the President shooting bombs overseas. Yet I'm a bad guy because I sing some rock 'n' roll songs. Who's a bigger influence, the President or Marilyn Manson? I'd like to think me, but I'm gonna go with the President.
Michael Moore: Do you know that the day Columbine happened the United States dropped more bombs on Kosovo than at any other time during that war?
Manson: I do know that, and I think that's really ironic that nobody said, "Maybe the President had an influence on this violent behavior." No, because that's not the way the media wants to take it and spin it and turn it into fear. Because when you're watching television, you're watching the news, being pumped full of fear. There's floods, there's AIDS, there's murder. Cut to commercial, buy the Acura. Buy the Colgate. If you have bad breath, they're not gonna talk to you. If you got pimples, the girl's not gonna fuck you. And it's just a campaign of fear and consumption. That's what I think it's all based on. The whole idea that, "keep everyone afraid and they'll consume." And that's really as simple as it can be boiled down to.
Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine or that community, what would you say to them if they were here?
Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them. I'd listen to what they have to say. That's what no one did.

Here's quotes I gathered while playing a pretty decent RPG brought to you by Enix from a little series they like to call Dragon Quest...then some from Earthbound and a couple from a couple great Squaresoft games...

Dragon Warrior/Quest VII

Farmer: Monster! I'm going to collide with you indefinately as my limbs flail wildly about!

Man: Arrgh! So, you've clawed out my eye! No matter. I have another! Arrgh! So, you've clawed out my other eye! I can still blindly swing at you!

Melvin: I agree. You are a wuss.

Old Man: I dare Death to stride our way with his sickly, girlish gait!

Old Woman: I think it's going to be a while before I can toss a salad.

Old Woman: Also, his noxious smell and the way he drools resin when he eats reminds me of my elderly friends and myself.

Old Man: Zzzzz...Fun bags...Mmbl grmble...

Gabo: I hit something hard and the hard thing won.

Bartender: But we shall persevere. I still have many illegitimate children to father before I die!

Slime: Sometimes, when Mr. Monster is asleep, I crawl in his mouth and lay eggs.

Gabo: Sometimes, when you're asleep, I lick your face.

Halfling: But in the end, I just curled up into a ball as my manhood receeded into my body cavity.

Earthbound

Sheriff: At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games.

Orange Kid: I'm having more trouble than I expected. I found a problem in one of Einstein's theories...

Topolla Owner: You can buy everything but "love", "friendship" and "exp points".

Vagrant Story

Ashley Riot: Reinforcements? I am the reinforcements.

Final Fantasy Tactics

Delita: Tough...Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

Quote from: My Chemical Romance's 'Give 'Em Hell, Kid' Live from Mtv2's $2 Bill
Just cause you're bigger than me
Just cause you're smarter than me
Just cause you drive a better car than me
Does not mean
No way, no how
I am sucking you off for any amount of money

Quote from: David Spritz (Nicolas Cage) 'The Weather Man'
Here's something that...if you want your father to think you're not a silly fuck...don't slap a guy across the face with a glove. Because if you do that, that's what he will think...unless you're a nobleman or something in the 19th centurey...which I'm not.

Quote from: Barry Egan (Adam Sandler) 'Punch-Drunk Love'
I have so much strength in me. You have no idea. I have a love in my life. It makes me stronger than anything you can imagine.

Here's one of the MOST true quotes I've EVER seen/heard...

Quote from: Fabienne (Maria De Medeiros) 'Pulp Fiction'
Any time of the day is a good time for pie.

Quote from: Dr. Crobe ([i]Mission Earth I: The Invaders Plan[/i] by L. Ron Hubbard
So, you be sure to exercise every day. Otherwise, in that low gravity, your muscles and tendons will get flabby. And oxygenate yourself. And eat hamburgers and drink beer and you'll be fine.

Quote from: Chuck Palahniuk's [i]Invisible Monsters[/i]
Another thing is no matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

Quote from: Stephen King's [i]The Dark Tower series[/i]
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Quote from: Roland Deschain, Stephen King's [i]The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower[/i]
All my life I've had the fastest hands, but at being good I was always too slow.

Quote from: Roland Deschain, Stephen King's [i]The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower[/i]
My first suggestion is that you fix that fucking stutter.

Quote from: Tom Cullen, Stephen King's [i]The Stand[/i]
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen.

Quote from: Invader Zim
Now to unleash screaming temporal doom.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2006, 11:11:05 pm »
Quote from: Bruce Lee
The future looks extremely bright indeed, with lots of possibilities ahead — big possibilities. Like the song says, "We've just begun."

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2006, 11:55:04 pm »
Quote from: [b][i]Hobbins[/i][/b] from [b]Beneath A Steel Sky[/b]
It's crap, son.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:58:26 pm by Burning Zeppelin »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2006, 12:01:20 am »
Bruce Lee owns whatever the hell that is.