Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484427 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #5445 on: December 17, 2010, 07:02:12 pm »
This.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: December 17, 2010, 08:45:57 pm »
My burning passion is missing. I don't know where it went. It had been going strong until wednesday, when it began to falter, but it petered out completely today. My faith in myself, my friends, and humanity in general is failing me for the first time in months. Maybe my soul is going into hibernation?

idioticidioms

« Reply #5447 on: December 18, 2010, 12:41:42 am »
I've had the flu for about a week. I feel unsanitary. I'm cranky because of it.

These are all frustrations.

bleargh!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5448 on: December 18, 2010, 02:01:07 am »
I didn't click the link, but I'm assuming you're going on about a YouTube comment here.  Not exactly a community of intelligence, those YouTube comments...
Despite all the horridness of the comment section I kind of find it amusing reading them (good for comedy); but it's not just the "anti-humanity" stuff on Youtube I'm upset about, but the same stuff happening in real life. You see, each action sets a chain reaction of thought in my mind. Usually a good thing: but I remember once a fellow here in Pune tell me, "So Haiti was hit by an earthquake and thousands of people are dead; does that earn me a dime? No?" Don't mind someone not caring about it and simply leaving, but this dude likes to crack jokes at other people's misery.

This.
LOL!

Maybe my soul is going into hibernation?
Does that sound like a plot device to you? XD Sounds like an ingenious Sci-fi / Fantasy plot device to me! Nevertheless, I hope you find your motivation soon.

I've had the flu for about a week. I feel unsanitary. I'm cranky because of it.

These are all frustrations.

bleargh!
Ouch! x_x Yeah, frustration makes it worse indeed. So I guess having a good time really does make it better. *hands a PSP* Chill out. =P
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:04:30 am by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5449 on: December 28, 2010, 10:35:49 am »
Quote from: Wikipedia
Known in ancient times as Gharapuri, the present name Elephanta, was given by 17th century Portuguese explorers, after seeing a monolithic basalt sculpture of an elephant found here near the entrance. They decided to take it home but ended up dropping it into the sea because their chains were not strong enough. Later, this sculpture was moved to the Victoria and Albert Museum (now Dr Bhau Daji lad Museum) in Mumbai, by the British.[1]

LEAVE THE ELEPHANTS ALONE!

Sheesh, whatever happened to see the past in all its glory? Discovering the islands (awesome on its own) is one thing, but dropping an important historical artifact into the sea (or taking it from its home in the first place) is a sure dick move. Guess we should be thankful to the British for finding it again.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: December 28, 2010, 11:08:45 am »
Whatever happened to seeing the past in all its glory? The idea wasn't really invented until the last few decades of the 20th century; before the past was more of a good to be sensationalized and sold. So I guess the lack of time travel happened to it :P

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5451 on: December 28, 2010, 11:51:31 am »
Whatever happened to seeing the past in all its glory? The idea wasn't really invented until the last few decades of the 20th century; before the past was more of a good to be sensationalized and sold. So I guess the lack of time travel happened to it :P
Sold? Bah, I prefer knowledge than money, thus the preservation spirit, but if money saves knowledge of our world from being destroyed...

Thanks, capitalism! XD

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: January 01, 2011, 11:44:52 pm »
Woke up sick today.  Really?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: January 02, 2011, 04:35:33 am »
Bad day to be sick. I did that on New Year's Day 2000. Yeah, the 2000. I was great for about the first ten minutes from midnight while I had a glass of champagne and rang in the new year with my dad, and then I spent the remainder of the dark hours extremely sick to my stomach, followed by an afternoon of chills, aches, and weariness.

It had a strange consequence, though: I'm not sure I would have remembered the occasion as well otherwise.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5454 on: January 07, 2011, 01:02:04 am »
Fuck marketing.

Advertising was a necessary evil in an age where information had meaningful logistical costs. Businesses needed to get their products out there so people would know they exist. But now, we have the Internet and an abundance of free information. There is no need for the old system. Products and services can be dispassionately, scientifically compared; the clear winners would dominate the market and innovation would be driven by the sheer clarity of the situation. Instead, it's the same old. Whoever pushes the most gutless marketing out there and does the best social engineering gets the customers, regardless of product quality. And people are either too busy or too ignorant to cut through this. The public discourse has been poisoned.

Fucking everything is bullshit lifestyle social marketing. God fucking damn people who get validation through consumerism. You can't take it with you, and you're burying humanity, its nobility, and planet fucking earth under fucking meaningless trash.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5455 on: January 07, 2011, 04:00:53 am »
Fucking everything is bullshit lifestyle social marketing. God fucking damn people who get validation through consumerism. You can't take it with you, and you're burying humanity, its nobility, and planet fucking earth under fucking meaningless trash.

I kind of agree with you there, especially on how people roll with advertisements. If there's a good product out there but no ads they think that the product either doesn't exist or is horrible. When we recommend AMD processors at the cafe, the usual response is "AMD? Never heard of em." That's despite the fact that Athlon II and Phenom x4 run WAY faster Intel i3 processors and are cost almost the same (at least here). You could compare its processing power to i5 x4 cores. Even Kaspersky Internet Security is overlooked while QuickHeal is given more priority, all thanks to ads, even though KIS is considered to be the best thing that's happened in IT while QuickHeal plain sucks (no good defense against viruses).

Even Andrew Pryce from BlenderGuru has mentioned about advertisements; if you want to land a job your best bet is to spread yourself everywhere otherwise people wouldn't know that you even exist. Basically send flyers all across the city to redirect them to your address, otherwise people wouldn't be able to find you. Sad, yes, but true.

Here's a sarcastic quote from Banksy, the world famous Anarchist and Anti-Capitalist/Anti-Consumerist.
We can’t do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:05:17 am by tushantin »

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: January 09, 2011, 08:24:44 pm »
I'm at the emergency vet, been waiting an hour, the receptionist could at least try to act like she cares. My dog is shitting blood. He was shitting bloody diarrhea but now it's just blood pretty much. Oh, totally, I'm okay with waiting, watching my dog shaking in his cage.

This sucks. If he dies I'm hitting somebody here.

Angerona

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Where are my keys???!!!
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5457 on: January 09, 2011, 09:25:19 pm »
I'm at the emergency vet, been waiting an hour, the receptionist could at least try to act like she cares. My dog is shitting blood. He was shitting bloody diarrhea but now it's just blood pretty much. Oh, totally, I'm okay with waiting, watching my dog shaking in his cage.

This sucks. If he dies I'm hitting somebody here.

I’m very sorry… I really hope the vet will start treating him as son as possible and that your dog will get better soon. I send you my best wishes.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: January 09, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »
Jesus, Bekkler, that sucks ass. I'm really sorry about that, it reminds me of real healthcare, only animals in pain is much more irritating than people in pain for some strange reason.

BEST WISHES

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: January 09, 2011, 11:32:05 pm »
I wish my roommate would turn down the Goddamn television in the living room. Nobody wants to hear him play fucking Call of Duty for four hours a day.

Also, Bekkler, I'm sorry to hear about that. D: