Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485107 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1680 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:32 pm »
:picardno

Eloquently written, I will give you that, but kinda... IDK, I'm just not seeing it.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 27, 2009, 08:06:34 pm »
The reason Jack Thompson pales in comparison to the evils of Saran Wrap, is that the evils of Jack Thompson won't equate to a hill of beans in effect to my life, while Saran Wrap will taunt and torment my soul every time I need to keep a plate of food fresh...  Every damn time....

Damn saran wrap! Damn it to hell I say. I literally just tried to wrap a plate of food and got frustrated with it. Why the hell is it so poorly designed? The whole serrated cutting edge of the box just makes it tear unevenly, which you then have to wrestle with to get it free, which causes it to stick to itself which you then have to undo, which causes it to stick to itself again. True evil.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1682 on: January 27, 2009, 08:12:28 pm »
yeah I hate messing with saran wrap. I kind of wish the guy who invented it would somehow manage to get it wrapped around his head and have to suffocate slowly.

TerraZack

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 27, 2009, 09:06:58 pm »
something has been buggin my head. at the gamefaqs message board most of the people been saying Crono and Magus will be in Dissidia (which they did not) i mean why the h*ll would Magus be a villain? hes a playable character. if they did put him in, it will disappoint most of the Magus fan here. the villain would be Queen Zeal cuzz she tries to control Lavos.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 27, 2009, 09:08:03 pm »
That may be because the gamefaqs boards are 90% full of people that literally exhale bullshit everytime they talk.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 27, 2009, 09:46:28 pm »
something has been buggin my head. at the gamefaqs message board most of the people been saying Crono and Magus will be in Dissidia (which they did not) i mean why the h*ll would Magus be a villain? hes a playable character. if they did put him in, it will disappoint most of the Magus fan here. the villain would be Queen Zeal cuzz she tries to control Lavos.
A better question is how the hell would they include CT characters in a game strictly FF characters?

So yeah, GameFAQs forumgoers are full of it.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 27, 2009, 10:52:48 pm »
Why does everyone think of Gamefaq's borad negative.   I've never visited much so I am curious if it's reallly that bad.        I prefer to stay away from a lot of negativness/BS on forums that are out of control.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 27, 2009, 11:01:09 pm »
Why does everyone think of Gamefaq's borad negative.   I've never visited much so I am curious if it's reallly that bad.        I prefer to stay away from a lot of negativness/BS on forums that are out of control.
A lot of it is asking the same questions every day, it contains millions of unfunny joke topics, rick rolls, rumors, and flat out lies.  For example, every week on the Chrono Trigger section of the GF boards you're guaranteed to have at least one thread stating Chrono Trigger is a ripoff of Final Fantasy, five threads asking how to beat Giga Gaia/Golem Sisters/Melphyx/Magus/Zeal, two threads asking about getting stuck in the first time portal (Anti-piracy measure that a lot of hong-kong bootleg copies get stuck with), four threads complaining about a character's techs, and every thread bringing politics into the discussion.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 27, 2009, 11:03:34 pm »
and every thread bringing politics into the discussion.
Well we do that here WAY more often the gamefaq's  :D

On a side note has the site been running slow for anyone else? It has even timed out on me a few times...

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 27, 2009, 11:35:14 pm »
Wow Gues I'll stay away from those threads there AND here as I get flustered in politics very easy.

By the way: I sent you a PM yesterday Shadow but I won't display it publicy here but to just let you know I sent it.   You got it.   

What are the most frustrating game mesage boards you've guys ever been too?  :?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:41:19 pm by TriforceofEternity »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 27, 2009, 11:49:10 pm »
The ECA Forums. Good God, I hated it there. People fucked around with me for shits and giggles, so I ended up staying on GamePolitics.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 27, 2009, 11:57:46 pm »
The snow is killa in northeast Ohio tonight.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 28, 2009, 03:18:40 am »
I used to be regular at teh FF VI board at Gamefaqs...it only took a couple months for the whole thing to go down in flames (pun possibly intended) over "who is the main character"

I hated all of it so I left...I peek back every now and again and it's STILL reeling from the same sheeit.  The pro Celes people didn't even listen to the Terra arguments, and the pro Terra people just posted enormus walls of text that drove me insane.  Why bother?

Granted, I have been a part of some FANTASTIC threads at Gamefaqs...especially the Ogre Bttle 64 board...where it all started for me.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1693 on: January 28, 2009, 04:49:38 am »
I think Dissidia pretty much cements what I've always thought about that FFVI argument: Terra is the main character!

Anyways, everything but the actual FAQs in that place is mostly lame. idk why it's even being talked about...Stupid character polls ruining everything every time...! *shakes fist*

idioticidioms

« Reply #1694 on: January 28, 2009, 09:28:28 am »
I'm so glad that these are the first gaming messageboards I've been tempted to join. It sounds like I picked the best possible.