Author Topic: chrono comunity numbers  (Read 5802 times)

Daniel Krispin

chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2005, 01:14:59 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: Wisp
I don't know exactly where I was being mean to anyone in particular, or even really in general. And I certainly don't think being a mod gives me any privelleges except those inherent in the position, like... ya know... closing threads at CS. I apologize if by posting in one thread trying to defend my site while trying to maybe calm down this little "feud" that I was poisoning your site. I'm sorry I intruded upon your little community.

I think some of us here just misunderstood what you said in your posts. No need to be sorry Wisp.

Likewise. I was defending myself against a certain comment on Chrono Shock, and maintaining that my prior thesis regarding the efforts of the Compendium as opposed to CS was valid. But I was certainly not wishing a vicious feud - my view of it was more of a competition, of sorts - and neither did I think that any of your comments warranted any form of rebuke: you yourself were about as reasonable as may be expected. I think that Radical Dreamer was a little too harsh in reply, and like I Chrono'99 said, no need to be sorry. Contrary to how it may appear, I actually have nothing against CS as a site, save in its rivalry with the Compedium, for which I must support the latter (as you, I am certain, must do the same to the former.)

Wisp

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2005, 02:22:02 pm »
Still, in the interest of the unity of your community I will respectfully leave. It was not my intention to make any of your members uncomfortable and I don't want my presence to become a disruption.

Though I do not presume to speak on behalf of everyone at CS, know that at least I would welcome you there should you feel the need, however brief, to venture there. Though I do admit this possibility seems unlikely. ;)

As I said before, good luck with your site. :)

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 02:38:27 pm »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Rivalries are so much fun, aren't they?

Since you asked, I just answered. :)
Questions and answers are so much fun, aren't they? Let's play again! :D

Radical Dreamer

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2005, 05:31:15 pm »
I don't know exactly where I was being mean to anyone in particular, or even really in general. And I certainly don't think being a mod gives me any privelleges except those inherent in the position, like... ya know... closing threads at CS.

Even some other mods at CS think you're mean.
So whatever.....
You might not know who I am, but I *know* how you act.

I'm sorry I intruded upon your little community.

Smaller than CS? - maybe.
But it's the quality of people that counts.

Still, in the interest of the unity of your community I will respectfully leave. It was not my intention to make any of your members uncomfortable and I don't want my presence to become a disruption.

Bon Voyage......

As for the rest, do not be fooled by her kind words and that "cute" avatar of hers.
She's arrogant and mean as it gets.

Personally, I like Chrono Compendium way better than CS.
IMHO, I think it has a much brigther future than CS.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 08:53:54 pm »
Yeah, but your avatar looks like Kid.  

...as for that CC vs CS game, I want a lightsaber.

Daniel Krispin

chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2005, 01:50:55 am »
Oh, and whiles we're taking orders, I will have a hand-and-a-half sword, with a side order of Hellenic armour, if you please.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2005, 02:54:17 am »
Ybrik, who is now not dead, apparently, Ramsus, ZeaLity, and I moderate the forums, as well as the moderators. I'm not sure who they all are, but the 4 of us founded the site, so we moderate the forums. Luckily, that hasn't been a big job, since people tend to not be assess on this forum. I think I've deleted more threads/posts because they became redundant than because someone posted something stupid, illegal or inflamatory.

*These threads were fan-fic related, and became unneccisary.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2005, 03:08:02 am »
Quote from: Hadriel

...as for that CC vs CS game, I want a lightsaber.

lol itl be iwhile until i get that done as i will try to hack ff tactics

Daniel Krispin

chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2005, 03:24:40 am »
And what about mine?

Oh, and whiles we're taking orders, I will have a hand-and-a-half sword, with a side order of Hellenic armour, if you please.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2005, 11:27:33 am »
I think it is pretty obvious what I want to have.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2005, 02:36:07 pm »
Reports of my undeath are greatly exaggerated.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2005, 02:51:22 am »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
And what about mine?

just wait a minute ill do a thread in kajar

Quote from: SilentMartyr
I think it is pretty obvious what I want to have.

really? i will be doing customs sprites as well so you have to specify alot

exampe in the quote above the last one "Hellenic armour" um.. WTF dont be expect me to know what some old as armours/wepons/etc are

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2005, 01:34:24 pm »
Like I said in the other thread, make me a similar to Crono as possible. I have no knowledge of the games items and what not, so picking would really be pointless for me since I don't know what they bring to the table.

Ramsus

chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2005, 08:52:58 pm »
This is nonsense. The Compendium isn't some special community that makes its members better than those outside of it. Comparing it with other sites and forums is a waste of time. If this sort of thing gets any worse, I might have to start banning people.

The Compendium is a place to discuss and find meaning behind the games, and provide an archive of what people discover. It's also a hub for keeping up to date with news and fan projects related to the games.

*That large number of guests usually indicates that a search engine, in this case google more than likely, was cacheing the pages. Though in the first days of CS over 4 years ago having 50-60 real people on at any given time was not unusal.

*The reason for no site content lies in a combination of both bad hosting in the past where content was lost and the fact that we have lives.

*There is less discussion on CS for the main reason, as briefly mentioned before, is that the site is four years old. And it was a fusion of a CT and CC site that had a year or so run before that. So after 5 years or so, give or take, you run out of things to analyze and discuss. Been there done that.

*Not to knock your site or anything, because granted I've never really looked at it, but you're not the only ones to feature unique content. You just happen to have webmasters and staffers that have time to work on it. Whereas many of our staffers such as myself, are in college full time and/or have jobs. College > fansite in my opinion.

*At this point I'm not really sure what led me to post any of this. Maybe it was the nasty tones on both sides. The way I see it there aren't many CT/CC sites as it is so theres no reason to be snarky to each other. Especially when mentioning the intelligence level of posts and debates. I only wish the forums hadn't crashed a year or so ago.

At any rate, good luck with your site.  :)

It's not hard to put aside a few hours a week to write or organize content. Zeality occasionally puts in several hours a week, but he has no trouble balancing that with college and friends.

The difference is that we have staff and members that enjoy working on content for the site.

Granted, I barely do anything with the site except maybe two or three times a year (new layout, some backend development, technology integration), but that's not so much college, friends, campus organizations, or work as much as me simply having about a million other projects I'm always working on that I really enjoy. The Compendium will benefit from some of the more technical and commercial ones though.

Also, the Compendium has crashed numerous times, moved from server to server, and completely changed forums and content backends three or four times. If I didn't backup the site once every month or two, there wouldn't be a Compendium. It only takes five minutes out of my day.

See, here we also consider the forums to be important content (if not some of the most), which is why they've always been open to anyone, and we've always tried to preserve even the earliest discussions and present their content to visitors.

Discussions and content that can't be accessed are of little value.

I don't know exactly where I was being mean to anyone in particular, or even really in general. And I certainly don't think being a mod gives me any privelleges except those inherent in the position, like... ya know... closing threads at CS. I apologize if by posting in one thread trying to defend my site while trying to maybe calm down this little "feud" that I was poisoning your site. I'm sorry I intruded upon your little community.

So you came and went just to play sides in a stupid "feud" between forums? Between that and the horribly insincere and downright condescending tone in your posts, you've contributed nothing to either community by posting here.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
chrono comunity numbers
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2005, 12:11:21 am »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Luckily, that [moderating the Compendium forums] hasn't been a big job, since people tend to not be assess on this forum.

Except for a few posts in this thread, I would heartily agree with you. I imagine the same can be said for the Chrono Shock forums.

I would just like to point out that so far in this thread we've:

1) Started a neverending and pointless feud between two of the few remaining Chrono websites,
2) Driven away a fellow Chrono fanatic, and
3) Pissed a lot of people off

To me, this does not fit with the goals of either the Compendium or Chrono Shock.