Author Topic: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project (Community Project)  (Read 43795 times)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: Chrono Trigger - Schala Project
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »
Well, I'd expect that hacking the game to add a character isn't really the same as ripping a sprite.

Anyhow it looks great, but why's she got that bluish tint to her clothes? It doesn't look bad or anything, but it's just something that caught my eye. All your graphics are good man: The status portrait, the new sprites, the red hair band, fucking fantastic. Keep it up man, you got a fan or two here.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 02:09:12 pm »
It has a bluish tint?  I don't know, seems to be the normal palette of her from what I've seen.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 08:53:45 am »
Any ideas on what her weapon will be? Maybe she can be a samurai, like Crono, or an Edgemaster, like Frog. *snort*

EDIT:

Why is her affinity Shadow though? o.O Due to her personality, it should definitely be Light...

IMO, Dark Element would symbolize what Lavos and Corrupted Zeal did to her.

Reminds me of my character, Shadow Darkman. Went through hellish hardships, came out with the power of Darkness, and decided to use it to destroy evil. Heh heh heh heh...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:58:25 am by Shadow D. Darkman »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008, 10:20:36 am »
I'm either going to go with daggers, or create a custom tech somewhere and just have it be really weak physical damage.  I'd have to figure out to see if we can make it's damage based on physical attack though.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 06:17:30 pm »
I'm either going to go with daggers, or create a custom tech somewhere and just have it be really weak physical damage.  I'd have to figure out to see if we can make it's damage based on physical attack though.

I should have all of Mother's abilities, set aside the ability to transform into a giant head of Johnny Bravo's mom. And... this might be too much but perhaps the Dream Devourer's moves? Who knows, Lavos could've been using my spells in battle. *shrug*

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 06:52:12 pm »
Halation would be very bad idea on Schala XP.  MP Buster no.  I can't remember the rest.

Maybe that Dream Devourer tech that she starts off with, we could use that for a double tech with Magus/Schala once the 8th PC is ready?

Edit: Walking is done in all directions.  Jees that was a task...so much SA to do.

On other note, what should her icon be in the menu for weapons?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:55:49 pm by justin3009 »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2008, 07:40:32 pm »
Just remove it I think or make it a *

Looking good so far but you might wanna redo the other character portraits as well so they match Schala

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 07:49:28 pm »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 07:54:24 pm »
Justin, I'm replying to you piece by piece.

Halation would be very bad idea on Schala XP.  MP Buster no.  I can't remember the rest.

Skygate (Lightning), Life Shaver (HP goes to 1), Dark Gear (Darkness), Hexagon Mist (Water), Mystic Ray (Darkness) {that weird pink beam the Son of Sun uses.}, Laser (Darkness) {the yellow beam robots shoot out. The Buggers in the Arris Dome use it when it says "Attacked by moving object" so maybe...}, Death Kiss (Sucks HP from enemies), and that's it.

Maybe that Dream Devourer tech that she starts off with, we could use that for a double tech with Magus/Schala once the 8th PC is ready?

That sounds good. What Tech should Magus know before learning it?

Edit: Walking is done in all directions.  Jees that was a task...so much SA to do.

Ouch. Sounds like you've been through the mill.

On other note, what should her icon be in the menu for weapons?

Maybe a smaller version of Crono's katana pic?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there we go.

Ooh... Nice. Can we see her in battle when she's done?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 08:39:02 pm »
Dagger(s) would be fitting for Schala, looking at her daughter-clone Kid and all...

As for her tech's...

One should have her "seal" an enemy (or perhaps lock their tech's) - just like she sealed the Gate in the Antiquity (per Queen Zeal - long live the queen).  You know, the pyramidal type seal.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2008, 08:59:41 pm »
Dagger(s) would be fitting for Schala, looking at her daughter-clone Kid and all...

Ah, good point. I didn't think of that myself.

One should have her "seal" an enemy (or perhaps lock their tech's) - just like she sealed the Gate in the Antiquity ...  You know, the pyramidal type seal.

Nor did I think of that. Genius, I say.

long live the queen

-.-  Dude, she's right there.  *points to P.S.Z., the one I was referring to* Sheesh. *facepalm*

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 05:32:22 pm »
Curses, haven't been on the boards in a while due to playing CTDS obsessively for the last few days. >.< But anyway...

Looks pretty cool. For weapons, either a dagger or a bracelet/ring that shoots orbs of magic energy would be good, I think. (Maybe if you choose the bracelet/ring, damage could be based off of magic instead of strength? But that might be overpowered...)

For a storyline reason as to how you get her, I think it should be before the DD, like I said -- perhaps there could be a dialog branch when she's about to teleport you out of the Ocean Palace. You could either give her some power from Marle's pendant (which is fully charged, presumably). However, something goes wrong since the Ocean Palace is going boom, and she's teleported somewhere else. However, during The Fated Hour chapter, you could introduce another sidequest in 12000 BC(E) where she washes up on shore, but...something happens. If you killed Janus, she stays after the quest, but if you have Janus in the party, she joins... Or something like that. :/

(Also her affinity would still be light -- when you fight the Time Devourer in Cross, its affinity is White/Light)

Also, for her skillset, Holy Light is unfortunately no longer a good choice, seeing as the Master-at-arms uses an attack with that name. :( Also, I think I need to redo my original idea a bit...

*Restore
*Heal
*Cure
*Starfall
*Guardian (casts Protect and Barrier on one ally)
*Comet
*Arise
*[Holy/Holy Light/Whatever]

The pyramid seal is also an excellent idea that Rox discussed in his thread -- perhaps two dual techs with someone else, one that casts Protect and Barrier on the party, and one that inflicts a bunch of status ailments like Stop on all enemies.

As for having Zeal's abilities...no. She likely professed in a different magic type, and the only time we actually fight her is after she's turned into Lavos's puppet, so most of her attacks likely come from him.

Or maybe I'm just a rambling idiot and my ideas suck, I don't know. :/ I suck at coding, so I can't help you at all in that regard, Justin, but I hope this comes along well! It's going at a pretty fast pace already! :D (It would be cool if someone could do a DS version of this hack...though that's likely in the far future for now)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 05:35:22 pm »
No butter knives! God have mercy if you give me butter knives!

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 05:53:24 pm »
Her weapon should be a rapier ....

its noble , elegant , sleek .....sounds so very similar to schala

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 05:55:31 pm »
Good point, Ginger.

As for her last Tech, can we give her Luminaire like Crono, or Dark Matter like Magus? The idea just came to me and I wanna see the results. Maybe give her both, to add to the twilight nature.