Author Topic: Playable character mod: Schala  (Read 31451 times)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
Re: Playable character mod: Schala
« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2008, 09:42:03 pm »
Here's version 4.1 finally done http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Roxsilverfox/ChronoTrigger/schalasprites4.1.png

Not much change yet again but still I have made minor progress so be happy.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2008, 04:09:10 am »
WOW they are so great !! whichever game uses those as sprites is going to be very lucky
the sprites are really good :)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 24, 2008, 10:10:20 pm »
Hi! I love this idea! Schala is awesome and I always thought she should have been a playable character. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at both scripting/hacking and spriting, so I can't help you, except as a random crazed fan. :p Really great idea, though, can't wait to see it in action. (Schala would actually be perfect for a "Light" spell alignment. I was always wondering why they didn't put in a Holy spell in CT. (I imagine that Luminare is Ultima, and Flare is..well, Flare, but Holy was strangely absent) I think it could also be a good idea to make an Earth spell alignment to counter Lightning...but eh. You can cross that bridge when you get to it) Excellent work so far, though! I don't like the idea of replacing any characters, though. :( All of them are good, unlike in CC, where a lot of characters sucked and were redundant and you only ever used a handful of them GAH WHAT WAS SQUARE THINKING?! >:( It's tricky to do an eighth character, though, if the 8th character mod thread is anything to go by... That "Chrono Trigger Advance" thing sounds really cool, though, can't wait for it. :D Ironically, it will likely be better than CT DS, since it's a non-profit thing, not SE milking a fanbase for all that they're worth for the upteenth time. T.T But yeah, the sprites look great. It's a legitimate problem that you can't really run/fight in great, flowing robes like Schala's... :p I like your idea better. It's 12000 B.C., so she can't just wear normal pants and such like Marle can. :/ Also, I can't view the version 4.1 sprites for some reason. I just get an "error -- page failed to load" thing. Know what's causing this...? I'm using Windows by the way. Oh, also, a suggestion: I noticed for the "casting magic" sprites you seem to use Lucca's twirling-around sprites. I think it would be better if you did something like her Zeal sprite, where she holds her hands out and chants. Maybe. :/ You decide. Have fun with this! It's a real talent you've got, I wish I was as good as you. (Ugh, I'm a TERRIBLE artist, sigh... -.-) Keep up the good work, though. Can't wait to see this in action. :)

Oh, and it actually does make sense to include Schala as a playable character, or at least have her in another game, as it *SPOILERZ FOR CHRONO CROSS AND CHRONO TRIGGER!* doesn't make any sense that the Gate at PD-1 would send her to the DBT. For one thing, it was a time portal, not a dimensional portal, so it wouldn't make sense... *END SPOILERZ FOR CHRONO CROSS!* Secondly, it seems to be strongly hinted that she went into 12,000 B.C. as Gaspar (the first to fall into a Gate) went to the End of Time, Belthazar (the second) went to 2300 AD, Melchior went to 1000 AD, and Janus went to 600 AD. Schala was the last to fall in, so logically, that means that she either went to 12000 BC (most likely...) or 65,000,000 BC. (Since she was technically already in 12000 BC, she might go to 65 mil instead, but...) Or maybe my memory's a bit rusty and I miscalculated something. :/ Whatever. That's my stance on this. But this isn't really the place to be talking about storyline issues, so I'll stop now. *END CHRONO TRIGGER SPOILERZ!*

P.S. How do you add those little banner thingies under your posts like "Schala fan" and "Nu"? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new here... -.-;

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2008, 05:00:28 am »
find the user bar you want upload to imageshack and the copy the code it gives you into your sig ! thats all there is to it .

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2008, 09:58:45 am »
Ugh, imageshack... Tsk. No banner thingies for me, then, I guess. :( I don't understand imageshack very well, I can't seem to do anything there. But thanks anyway. :)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2008, 12:25:02 pm »
Ugh, imageshack... Tsk. No banner thingies for me, then, I guess. :( I don't understand imageshack very well, I can't seem to do anything there. But thanks anyway. :)

find the user bar you want upload to imageshack and the copy the code it gives you into your sig ! thats all there is to it .

In summary...
Just find on the main page where you click "browse" to upload an image.
Click the checkbox that removes the "size" tag.
Hit "Host it!"
Copy the text tag for the image link and place that code into your signature for your Compendium user profile.

/cake

I could make a tutorial for you but I'm going to use imageshack to host it!  :lol:

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2008, 12:28:06 pm »
thanks zak im not too good at explaining :)

oh and rox are you going to make your own game using these sprites or you giving them to one of the hack projects ?

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2008, 02:34:04 pm »
Nice birthday gift for me Rox... Three days late, but hey, worth the wait! ^^

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2008, 08:47:02 pm »
Oh, just so I'm actually contributing to the discussion...

Yeah, making surprised/angry/embarrassed sprites for Schala is going to be hard... :( None of them seem fitting for her...she seemed very emotionless somehow. She's very quiet, and seems to keep all her emotions carefully bottled up all the time...and we only see her for a very small chunk of the game, sadly, so there's not a lot we can tell about her. :/ I just can't picture her with the eye-bulge thing like with the other six. Perhaps do something like with Janus? (I remember his "surprised" sprite was very different from the others'... I think he just looked away or something... I'm sure you can do something similar with Schala. Try analyzing Janus's sprites, perhaps) Hm. Keep up the good work, though! :)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2008, 02:11:13 am »
Hi! I love this idea! Schala is awesome and I always thought she should have been a playable character. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at both scripting/hacking and spriting, so I can't help you, except as a random crazed fan. :p Really great idea, though, can't wait to see it in action. (Schala would actually be perfect for a "Light" spell alignment. I was always wondering why they didn't put in a Holy spell in CT. (I imagine that Luminare is Ultima, and Flare is..well, Flare, but Holy was strangely absent) I think it could also be a good idea to make an Earth spell alignment to counter Lightning...but eh. You can cross that bridge when you get to it) Excellent work so far, though! I don't like the idea of replacing any characters, though. :( All of them are good, unlike in CC, where a lot of characters sucked and were redundant and you only ever used a handful of them GAH WHAT WAS SQUARE THINKING?! >:( It's tricky to do an eighth character, though, if the 8th character mod thread is anything to go by... That "Chrono Trigger Advance" thing sounds really cool, though, can't wait for it. :D Ironically, it will likely be better than CT DS, since it's a non-profit thing, not SE milking a fanbase for all that they're worth for the upteenth time. T.T But yeah, the sprites look great. It's a legitimate problem that you can't really run/fight in great, flowing robes like Schala's... :p I like your idea better. It's 12000 B.C., so she can't just wear normal pants and such like Marle can. :/ Also, I can't view the version 4.1 sprites for some reason. I just get an "error -- page failed to load" thing. Know what's causing this...? I'm using Windows by the way. Oh, also, a suggestion: I noticed for the "casting magic" sprites you seem to use Lucca's twirling-around sprites. I think it would be better if you did something like her Zeal sprite, where she holds her hands out and chants. Maybe. :/ You decide. Have fun with this! It's a real talent you've got, I wish I was as good as you. (Ugh, I'm a TERRIBLE artist, sigh... -.-) Keep up the good work, though. Can't wait to see this in action. :)

Oh, and it actually does make sense to include Schala as a playable character, or at least have her in another game, as it *SPOILERZ FOR CHRONO CROSS AND CHRONO TRIGGER!* doesn't make any sense that the Gate at PD-1 would send her to the DBT. For one thing, it was a time portal, not a dimensional portal, so it wouldn't make sense... *END SPOILERZ FOR CHRONO CROSS!* Secondly, it seems to be strongly hinted that she went into 12,000 B.C. as Gaspar (the first to fall into a Gate) went to the End of Time, Belthazar (the second) went to 2300 AD, Melchior went to 1000 AD, and Janus went to 600 AD. Schala was the last to fall in, so logically, that means that she either went to 12000 BC (most likely...) or 65,000,000 BC. (Since she was technically already in 12000 BC, she might go to 65 mil instead, but...) Or maybe my memory's a bit rusty and I miscalculated something. :/ Whatever. That's my stance on this. But this isn't really the place to be talking about storyline issues, so I'll stop now. *END CHRONO TRIGGER SPOILERZ!*

P.S. How do you add those little banner thingies under your posts like "Schala fan" and "Nu"? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new here... -.-;

Hmmm *Takes thoughts and what not into concideration*

I think the only logical way for Schala to be brought in as a playable character is for the party to create a paradox while saving her, but still we all love paradoxes right?

thanks zak im not too good at explaining :)

oh and rox are you going to make your own game using these sprites or you giving them to one of the hack projects ?

I plan on making my own it I figure out how or get a few people together with hacking powers, but other hack projects can use them at their own pleasure as long as they give me and the other contributers credit.

Nice birthday gift for me Rox... Three days late, but hey, worth the wait! ^^

Heh, also here's a picture I drew of Schala about a million years ago based on my sprites http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/189/e/9/Princess_Zeal_by_Rox_silver_fox.png

Oh, just so I'm actually contributing to the discussion...

Yeah, making surprised/angry/embarrassed sprites for Schala is going to be hard... :( None of them seem fitting for her...she seemed very emotionless somehow. She's very quiet, and seems to keep all her emotions carefully bottled up all the time...and we only see her for a very small chunk of the game, sadly, so there's not a lot we can tell about her. :/ I just can't picture her with the eye-bulge thing like with the other six. Perhaps do something like with Janus? (I remember his "surprised" sprite was very different from the others'... I think he just looked away or something... I'm sure you can do something similar with Schala. Try analyzing Janus's sprites, perhaps) Hm. Keep up the good work, though! :)

You're right, I'll look into this further (That made me sound kinda like professional business person)

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2008, 08:31:18 am »
(That made me sound kinda like professional business person)

Haha, good for you. :D

And I'm sure that you could just make another fan-game in-between CT and CC, sort of like what Crimson Echoes plans to do. (And the poor confusing Chrono line really needs one in my opinion...) One of the scenes could be Janus (the Magus Janus, I just like to call them by their real names) is searching around and finds her in 12000 BC, like logic suggests. Then, the course of the game plays out, (perhaps she could undo Glenn's curse, due to her healing magic and the fact that her magic power rivals Janus's...) and at the end, perhaps Lavos, even though he's a shadow of his former self, can somehow interact with the world, and eventually succeeds and sucks Schala into the DBT, setting up things for CC. (Perhaps he sucks the rest of the party in as well, though; it would be cool to fight one of those fights where you're fighting an enemy, but one of your allies is also helpless and on the enemy side, but targetable. So no spamming Luminare/Dark Matter/whatever!)

But that's far off. Just focus on the sprites for now. :) Also, I forgot to say this before, but a dagger doesn't seem very fitting for Schala... It gives the thief/assassin look, which doesn't fit her at all. A bow or a staff, perhaps? Both would likely be plausible weapons in Zeal times... but you can stick with the dagger sprites for now, if you wish. And you're still working on the body, correct? I'd get that done first. :) You can cross that bridge when you get to it. (I like using that phrase... o.O)

P.S. Oh, and I just noticed: That "Chrono Trigger Advance" thing sounds a lot like the "Chrono Trigger +" project going on around here. Perhaps you could try to implement some of your ideas into that? (The very least they could do is have a happy ending where Janus finds Schala after a long time of searching...then she gets *spoilers* eaten by Lavos and turned into the Time Devourer, but...you can leave that part out. :p (And yes, it looks like Schala is the TD, as its innate is White/Light and the targeting thing says it's female. I'm pretty sure Lavos is stated as being male, plus he'd be Red/Fire or Black/Dark, not White/Light) *end spoilers*)

Yourgingerestfan

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2008, 09:53:36 am »
actually a dagger is very fitting as royalty could easily carry it around to protect them selves

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2008, 10:12:18 am »
True, actually. It would be easier to carry around than a big, bulky bow and quiver, or a staff taller than she is. Eh... I just don't think it's fitting for her. But Rox is making the sprites, not me. So I'll just go with the flow. :)

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2008, 10:07:12 pm »
True, actually. It would be easier to carry around than a big, bulky bow and quiver, or a staff taller than she is. Eh... I just don't think it's fitting for her. But Rox is making the sprites, not me. So I'll just go with the flow. :)

I was originally gonna give her a staff but it always looked like a bulky ass stick so in the end she inherited the dagger. I could try her with a short sword but I don't think thats a very good idea considering the two playable characters that already wield swords in CT.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:45 pm »
I think a dagger IS fitting for Schala...  After all, her daughter-clone IS Kid, who also uses a dagger...