Author Topic: Well....the creator of Shin Chan is supposedly.....  (Read 503 times)

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Well....the creator of Shin Chan is supposedly.....
« on: September 21, 2009, 10:15:45 pm »
......died...from falling off a cliff for an evenings walk.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-09-20/body-identified-as-crayon-shin-chan-yoshito-usui

...............how odd that i read news about an ova or the anime getting a green lit and this happens.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: Well....the creator of Shin Chan is supposedly.....
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 10:37:56 pm »
That is very tragic : (. Also, it seems like an accident, and not a suicide, which makes it even more tragic to me.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:49:44 pm »
The article said he had a digital camera on him, and he was found at the bottom of a cliff, and the last photo taken was of the bottom of the cliff from the top. He fell while trying to get a better view of the bottom. That's tragic irony if I've ever heard it.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 10:27:13 pm »
It seems Usui rarely appeared before the public.
When heard his death, some Taiwan's media that published this news attached a picutre of a fat mid-aged man with mustache, and after that many Chinese sites reported this bad news used that picture. But soon they discovered that the man is not Yoshito Usui at all, but to their surprise, when searched via google, most results show that wrong person -- Seitaro Kuroda, another cartoonist.
 :picardno

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&newwindow=1&sa=1&q=%E8%87%BC%E4%BA%95%E5%84%80%E4%BA%BA&btnG=Search+images&aq=f&oq=&aqi=&start=0