Author Topic: Dammit... Why do people have to die...  (Read 792 times)

deniz2099

• Porrean (+50)
  • What's mine is mine... I want you to be MINE..!
    • View Profile
    • Anti - System Of A Down
Dammit... Why do people have to die...
« on: June 06, 2007, 06:14:54 pm »
It's really painful when somebody dies that you were relatives with... Holy crap, my grandmother died last Saturday, I didn't ever thought that I was going to cry a lot when she dies...  :cry: The thing that gives me most of the pain is that, I was still getting pissed, even when she had Multiple Myeloma... Shit I hate myself... :cry: :cry:

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit... Why do people have to die...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:31:04 pm »
Woah. Calm down, calm down, you're okay. Don't do anything to blame yourself, or hate yourself, or what have you. You were not responsible for anything here.

In fact, you are in some ways quite lucky. You were able to know at least one grandparent--I never was, as all of my grandparents died before I was born. Did your grandmother lead a rich and full life? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about her passing, if she was at peace.

...if not...unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it, apart from move on. This isn't the end of everything, just the end of one piece of your life.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:32:42 pm »
I don't know what to say, but... I'm sorry for your loss. Although I can't fully empathise, my grandmother's on the brink of death, she probably won't live another year or so, so I sort of know what you mean.

Kara Kazeneko

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • Kara's DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 02:37:22 am »
My condolences... I only knew one grandparent (my mom's mother), and sadly she passed away in 1998 when she was asleep (recovering after surgery for dealing with tongue cancer). I miss her so much, and I understand how you must be feeling right now. *hugs*

Mr. Molecule

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 08:22:05 pm »
When a loved one dies, or is dying, eveyone has that "oh shit" moment where you realize, viscerally, not just intellectually, that it's for real. That you're never going to see the loved one again. It can happen at any time: when they're one their deathbed, or at the funereal, or months down the line, orany time in between. And nothing, nothing in the entire world hurts like that moment. So don't feel stupid. Feel sad, yes, cry your eyes out, yes--but don't feel stupid, and don't feel alone. Everyone loses a loved one at some point or another. There are plenty of people who know more or less what you're going through--not exactly, of course, because every person is different, but close enough. Sadly, there's no way to make the pain go away. All we can do is be there for each other.

So go ahead and vent, if you need. We're here to help.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:24:36 pm »
I know exactly what your going through my friend.  After my brother died it felt like a meh.. moment cause it was just a huge shock.  But once I saw him in the coffin I just broke down and felt like I couldn't move.  Only way to move on with life is to usually just let it all out and talk about it to people.  People here and in your life will comfort you and will try to do their best to help.  Just remember that we're all here to help.