Author Topic: Welcome, welcome!  (Read 121847 times)

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, welcome!
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2008, 03:42:48 pm »
I hated the game from day one, really. It's whole system was just stupid, but I started playing it with my brother and a few friends, and we had some fun times. Mostly, that game kept me for the people, the game itself just pissed me off more than anything. x.x

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2008, 05:31:06 am »
Teeps, eh? Well, doesn't that beat all? BoF3 was the fucking shit...I wish I hadn't traded my copy in back then...FFT is the only traded in game I've managed to salvage...V_V

Welcome to all you non-n00b n00bs! Damn, I barely remember that old version of the Compendium...Lookit that! Main analysis articles were news updates! By all that's holy, it did used happen that way...! :'(

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2008, 10:24:15 am »
But it could happen that way again (well, unless ol' Zeality tells us "no" straight out).

I know the world is lost in fire but surely there is a way to turn it back to the old days of bliss and cheerful laughter.

or at least so Hansi Kürsch tells me.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2008, 11:54:02 am »
Find GrayLensman, then.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2008, 12:21:06 pm »
Find him for his keen mind or some other service?

If it is for his mind, which burns bright, then other minds might on wings dare aspire and other hands might dare seize the fire.

As a man, I'm afraid there is little to be done. But if GrayLensman might be a symbol... then he can be incorruptible and everlasting. Beneath the mask of a moniker, there is more than flesh, there is an idea and ideas are bulletproof, as it were.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2008, 01:07:25 pm »
Ooooo, a William Blake reference...noice. If the Compendium had a Rep system, you'd be gettin some from me!

But, anyways, yeah...it's really sad that so much of the Compendium's upper crust have gone on to do...w/e it is they're doing...But the Chrono Community will continue to thrive regardless!

THE DREAM WILL NEVER DIE!!!

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2008, 01:34:58 pm »
Teeps, eh? Well, doesn't that beat all? BoF3 was the fucking shit...I wish I hadn't traded my copy in back then...FFT is the only traded in game I've managed to salvage...V_V

Yeah, BoF3 is one of my all time favorites. I did the same thing as you, sadly. I traded in lots of my old stuff, which I heavily regret now. I'll manage to find one sooner or later, hopefully. You ever play BoF4 of 5? I liked 4 a lot but I've never gotten the chance to play 5. >.<

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2008, 05:04:11 pm »
Bloody hell. I HATE when I'm late on the welcome wagon. Hiya, Teeps! Hope you enjoy yourself here. Um... I'd offer you a cookie, but they're all gone. *hides empty Girl Scout cookie box* ... I have a nasty sweet tooth, btw.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2008, 05:17:34 pm »
But, anyways, yeah...it's really sad that so much of the Compendium's upper crust have gone on to do...w/e it is they're doing...But the Chrono Community will continue to thrive regardless!

One can only go so far with a series, before it gets dull, with just 3 games to analyze and discuss.  3 games where a good many things are speculation or best guess...

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2008, 05:29:18 pm »
Bloody hell. I HATE when I'm late on the welcome wagon. Hiya, Teeps! Hope you enjoy yourself here. Um... I'd offer you a cookie, but they're all gone. *hides empty Girl Scout cookie box* ... I have a nasty sweet tooth, btw.

Thanks, I expect to enjoy it here, I've been floating around the site for quite some time now, and I like what I've seen. ^^

One can only go so far with a series, before it gets dull, with just 3 games to analyze and discuss.  3 games where a good many things are speculation or best guess...

I have to agree with that. The great thing about this though is the fact that the 3 games are masterpieces (although RD isn't really a "part" of the series anymore, storywise, it still holds a lot for the series, I think). The great thing about the speculation part of the series is what leaves it wide open for the ROM hacking community. If you can't get the answers you want from games, make them yourselves. I actually just started playing Cross again, as of last night. I haven't played it in about 2 or so years, I forgot how awesome it truly is. =D

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2008, 05:47:37 pm »

Ah, but that is the most fun! With so much that is speculation and guesswork, the mind can roam free and find wonderfully clever connections. We aren't just building a house of cards, we're building a cathedral of cards!

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2008, 06:00:38 am »
Nope, I've only played BoF1-3 and I think they kept getting better & better. Always pissed that neither Ryu or Rei never made it into any of Capcom's Vs games. I mean, wtf? Hurry up & do Capcom Vs Square-Enix already!

But yeah, the Chrono Community is more than just analysis, maybe not a lot more, but w/e...there are lots of fan game projects (though most die horribly), fanfics, & song remixes up the WAZOO!

I think RD is just as much a part of the series as any of it. It's just how the series works as far as we know. They just start in new 'timelines' each game, heck, even CT starts in a new timeline when you get down to it...but w/e.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2008, 08:48:50 am »
Ah, but that is the most fun! With so much that is speculation and guesswork, the mind can roam free and find wonderfully clever connections. We aren't just building a house of cards, we're building a cathedral of cards!

I expected that response and I agree as well.  Not having to be railroaded is preferable, indeed.  I was more getting at that one person can't go on wandering free in the same realm forever (unless of course, it is their life's passion), which is why the 'upper crust' have moved on to other mindfields...

Nope, I've only played BoF1-3 and I think they kept getting better & better.

I've only touched BoF4 so far, but I plan to get my hands on 1-3 and 5 as well.... I enjoyed 4 a lot

As for FFXI, it was an ok game.  I bought it when it came out, played it for a couple weeks then stopped completely, then about a year later I started again and my game time was about 31 days, so a month of my entire life was spent on that game...not near as much as some others who has a couple years to it.  I do not enjoy the time and effort that needs to be put forth for an MMORPG...it is just too much.  I prefer a nice quality single player game, always.  FFXI was my first and last online game.  Fun while it lasted but not something I will get in to.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:38:12 pm by placidchap »

Anacalius

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2008, 12:41:48 pm »

I've only touched BoF4 so far, but I plan to get my hands on 1-3 and 5 as well.... I enjoyed 4 a lot

As for FFXI, it was an ok game.  I bought it when it came out, played it for a couple weeks then stopped completely, then about a year later I started again and my game time was about 31 days, so a month of my entire life was spent on that game...not near as much as some others who has a couple years to it.  I do not enjoy the time and effort that needs to be put forth for an MMORPG...it is just too much.  I prefer a nice quality single player game, always.  FFXI was my first and last online game.  Fun while it lasted but not something I will get in to.

BoF4 in my opinion is not quite as good overall as BoF3. 3 was much longer, for one. 4 does have a better system for battling and whatnot, overall, but I would still choose 3. 4 is better than 1-2, though, for sure.

And yes, I agree 100% on the MMORPG statement. It makes me mad actually that I wasted as much of my life as I did no the game.

Dark_Ansem

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 03:34:07 am »
Hi! my name's Domenico, italian, 19 yo, finally joined because I visited and where always much interested and enlightened by the articles (especially the testament)! hope to have fun!