Author Topic: CHRONO TRIGGER DS - CONFIRMED NA RELEASE, NEW DUNGEON, WIRELESS, TOUCH SCREEN  (Read 22383 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Oh my goodness a new dungeon :)

today, is a good day.

--JP

New Dungeon -- Inside Lavos - Through the buttcrack

Eternal Myst

• Level ** (100)
  • Confirmed working on PAL.
    • View Profile
OMFG!

Well Square Enix themselves that its "remastered exclusively for the Nintendo DS", so that is like say when movies and music are remastered. It'll just be "remastered" in a way to suit the DS two screens more, proper ratio and no blocky squashy stuff like you get when you play some games with a SNES emulator.

Only extra stuff is a new dungeon & wireless play.

Press Release:
"Originally released in 1995 on Super NESŪ and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

-- A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

-- An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

-- Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

-- Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

-- Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

-- A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic"

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:47:06 pm by Eternal Myst »

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
OMFG!

Well Square Enix themselves that its "remastered exclusively for the Nintendo DS", so that is like say when movies and music are remastered. It'll just be "remastered" in a way to suit the DS two screens more, proper ratio and no blocky squashy stuff like you get when you play some games with a SNES emulator.

Only extra stuff is a new dungeon & wireless play.

Press Release:
"Originally released in 1995 on Super NESŪ and shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER has been hailed as one of the greatest games of all time by critics and fans alike. With a unique and multifaceted storyline, the game revolutionized the world of RPGs with never-before-seen features, including an unprecedented soundtrack and multiple endings determined by side quests and the player's actions.

With artwork by famed manga artist Akira Toriyama and an unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda, CHRONO TRIGGER represents the best-in-class of the video game world. This newly revamped edition maintains all of the game's original elements and spirit while introducing the portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality of Nintendo DS. Players will soon be able to rediscover the exhilarating RPG experience, breathtaking storyline and innovative gameplay in the palm of their hands.

STORY

When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono's race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.

FEATURES

-- A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time

-- An unprecedented and inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda

-- Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills

-- Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world

-- Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual screen presentation and Touch-Screen functionality

-- A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic"

Or we can just click on the link on the front page to read this.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
Wireless internet is a burden to me. Now they bring that burden to a remake of my favorite game....

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
You could spend about 50 bucks for a nice wireless router... (if you had the money to get one..)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
I don't understand why all the scans from w/e Famitsu that is are so shitty...V_V

Do we even know if they're actually showing screens from the actual remake or if it's just talking about how it's coming out & showing old screens from previous versions?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
I don't understand why all the scans from w/e Famitsu that is are so shitty...V_V

Yeah, no freaking kidding. It's like the guy wanted us to think they were shopped.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Is anyone we know going to E3??   There's bound to be something about it there right?  It's just around the corner?  Though I dont know why they wouldn't have just waited till then to drop the bomb?

A friend of mine mentioned PAX is going to be here in Seattle and since I live here now I'll try to go there.  RD are you going?

--JP

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
You could spend about 50 bucks for a nice wireless router... (if you had the money to get one..)

I have a wireless router... It never keeps a constant signal like wired internet. Well... AT&T is an exception to that.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Anyways I am currently in the MiddleEast in Palistine,and many people are hyped about this game.
Well atleast college students are because over here they study english as a primary language,and also in Palistine Chrono Trigger is very popular.Over here they don't have 360,Wii,or PS3...or a Snes, but their is this console that is pretty much illegal that plays Cartridges with about 10 snes games on it.
Also the Nintendo DS is a super popular console here since it's the only console they sell here,besides Gamecubes.

....but sadly there is no place you can buy DS games here...just a DS with a flashcart as a illegal bundle.. :lol:

Anyways....I can't wait for this!!!!!!!!!

Eternal Myst, thanks for your report, I really appreciate your perspective. I guess that reassures me then.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
Great news!  I'm looking forward to the new content  :D  Hopefully details on the new dungeon will be at E3 or their website launch next week.

ChronoWeapon

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Hello fello CT and CC fans!  This is the best news I've heard all summer now I have something to look forward to during the cold, cold winter.  As for a new dungeon, I would be stoked if it were Singing Mountain.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
If they add a new PC that's not really what any of us are doing, one of us is bound to sprite it and throw it in Xd

Oatmeal1209

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Porrean (+50)
  • ROCK THE F**K OUT
    • View Profile
If they add a new PC that's not really what any of us are doing, one of us is bound to sprite it and throw it in Xd
PC = party character?  As cool as that sounds, I think it would change things way too much, especially since Chrono Cross exists already.  I doubt they'd add *new* things to the storyline, but I can see them explaining things that weren't explained before.  I'm thinking the extra dungeon might be part of an ending, maybe being an addition to or perhaps even replacing the developer's ending.  That's another thing to consider, will the developer's ending be altered by the team?  Would be fun to see new silly content in there.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
They should add more than one dungeon. And don't make them like the new ones in Final Fantasy. Those are annoying and after a little playing of them, I quit.  And I hope you don't have to beat Lavos in order to play it.