Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 196820 times)

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1320 on: December 19, 2009, 04:23:56 am »
I haven't seen the movie, but the fact that the plot is similar to Dances With Wolves doesn't make it worse. That particular story of assimilation into a culture you were supposed to fight against is all over the damn place, along with the main antagonist being a member of the protagonist's family, and such. All ideas have another idea fueling them.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 19, 2009, 04:25:59 am »

Even so, this was an original expression of such an idea, and a very good expression at that.

What I wouldn't give to see it again in the near future.

Then again, I can always wait for the DVD release in the next 5-6 months.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 19, 2009, 04:32:29 am »
I'm looking forward to seeing it with my friends next week (This time I'm inviting friends who won't be a bunch of assholes during the movie.)

ANYWAYS, back to games, I got Zelda: Spirit Tracks, and it's an extremely strange version of Zelda. Considering it's pretty much Phantom Hourglass on a train, it's not bad. The best part is no damned Temple of the Sea King.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 19, 2009, 07:01:20 am »
I want to start another playthrough of Eternal Sonata...
I got the PS3 version and it seems the ending is different and to get the original ending you need to finish the game once more on the other harder setting... >___>
As if the game wasn't hard already LOL!

OH!!! Final Fantasy XIII sold over 1 million copies in japan 1st day... damn... O.O
Now i want the game more than ever XD

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 19, 2009, 10:54:36 am »
OH!!! Final Fantasy XIII sold over 1 million copies in japan 1st day... damn... O.O
Now i want the game more than ever XD

But that doesn't mean it was enjoyed a million times more, just because it sold a lot of copies. That's just a million people buying a game without any knowledge of whether they'll like it or not. If anything, it makes me hesitant.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1325 on: December 19, 2009, 04:02:36 pm »
...and three spin off games, only one of which  was available on a platform console, and therefore, capable of the same quality overall as the original.

The DS, presently the weakest dedicating gaming system on the market, is more powerful than the Playstation, the platform FF7 was made for. In terms of sheer hardware, EVERY present game system is capable of superior quality than Final Fantasy VII. Hell, it probably won't be terribly long until there are cell phones with superior hardware.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 21, 2009, 02:52:31 pm »
Get ready for Mega Man 10! Featuring Megaman's climactic battle against a pandemic of...roboenza!!

Wait -- roboenza? ROBOENZA!? Robo-freaking-enza? Where are the writers? Is that the best they can possibly come up with? Just because it's an 8-bit Megaman game does not mean they can do this!!

...or does it? :lol:

PS: Thanks for the feedback on Avatar guys!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:57:38 pm by FaustWolf »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 21, 2009, 07:16:49 pm »
Speaking of Mega Man, after running across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN9N5tg8fQk&feature=related&fmt=18

All I've wanted to do was play the old Megaman games.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 22, 2009, 12:05:05 pm »
Nomura says hes working on a not so completely new unannounced title. Of course this is most definitely not Chrono Brake but still we can hope. I wouldn't be surprised if it was FF15 or KH3.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 22, 2009, 03:08:05 pm »
TK, HAVE you played the old Megaman games? If not, they have 1, 2, and 3 (which are the best, honestly) on Virtual Console, and 1 - 8 and some weird extra crap are on one disc for PS2, GC, and XBOX. Or, Emulators work. You should play them, it's like a gaming Mecca. I'll warn you though, if you're not a retro gamer, these games will kick your ass. Maybe just the first one.

Mega Man 10 has a third playable character... BARACK MAN OBAMA! He's fed with the democratic bills being blocked in Congress and is taking his revenge on Wily's robots! Man, that's be a damn good game. I'd pay full price for that one.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1330 on: December 22, 2009, 05:46:53 pm »
Oh, quick tip for starting Mega Man games: You will die a LOT, at least until you start getting the hang of everything and memorizing where stuff will appear, Robot Masters' patterns, etc. It's trial and error, so don't let it put you off.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 22, 2009, 06:19:25 pm »
TK, HAVE you played the old Megaman games? If not, they have 1, 2, and 3 (which are the best, honestly) on Virtual Console, and 1 - 8 and some weird extra crap are on one disc for PS2, GC, and XBOX. Or, Emulators work. You should play them, it's like a gaming Mecca. I'll warn you though, if you're not a retro gamer, these games will kick your ass. Maybe just the first one.

Mega Man 10 has a third playable character... BARACK MAN OBAMA! He's fed with the democratic bills being blocked in Congress and is taking his revenge on Wily's robots! Man, that's be a damn good game. I'd pay full price for that one.

Heck, yes. I used to play them all the time! Hard as hell, too! Never understood why they didn't make Mega Man with the option to shoot up. *laughs*

I'm actually planning to get them on the VC. I have enough points for a few. And about not being a Retro gamer? Hah! I beat the original Super Mario Bros. when I was three.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 22, 2009, 06:59:51 pm »
Well, I learned something new about T.K. Yeah, FaFnir got it right. The absolute hardest part in the entire original series (For me, anyways) is Megaman's final level. I died so many times. And the Yellow Devil. That bastard. I couldn't use the magical trick on my PS2 and barely killed him. I haven't played 9 yet, though, and I hear it's one hard son of a bitch.

Anyways, I got Startropics on the VC for free, because I got a refund on the internet channel, and it's a really great game. If you've never heard of it, it's like Zelda in the dungeons and like Final Fantasy (With no fights) on the over world. It's a great game, I'd check it out.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 22, 2009, 07:02:06 pm »
Oh, gods...the Yellow Devil. I remember that brute.

Nine is good, but it is as hard as crap. I played the first level and I don't know how many times I died. Me and a close buddy tried it out, taking turns playing it.

Edit: I'd really like a remake of Chrono Cross on the Wii...or at least put on the VC. That would be great. They remade Chrono Trigger, didn't they? *laughs*
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:33:48 pm by Temporal Knight »

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 22, 2009, 09:10:14 pm »
Recently played and beat Dragon Age Origins and Brutal Legend and both were excellent. DAO is my favorite rpg this gen everyone should play it now. I also ordered a PSP and am gonna be revisting psx rpgs to pass time till FFXIII. I was thinking about playing Wild Arms, Saga Frontier, or Suikoden II. I haven't played any of them so anyone got any recommendations on which one to start with? It's funny I started looking back at all the PSX rpgs and realized I had only played Final Fantasy series and Xenogears.