Author Topic: Clarification of Lavos/Pd and TD/DBT  (Read 5326 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Clarification of Lavos/Pd and TD/DBT
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 02:48:31 pm »
and the little changes Crono and co. made.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 04:59:23 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Quote from: jotabe1789
i might be mistaken, i concede that  :wink: but i have the strong conviction that i am right... i guess i will have to wait till i play through it again (i start right now lol  :lol: )

In fact, I have a save before the ending. I'll just tune up the emulator (Had to change the sound settings to play XenoGears) and try it out.

Aha, just the normal ending.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2005, 08:15:01 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
and the little changes Crono and co. made.

I am a bit confused by what you mean here, are you talking about the sidequests?

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2005, 09:49:53 pm »
Okay, Lavos would be erased in all the times he would be in his pocket dimension.  So in the saved timeline, the only times Lavos would exist would be his crash, destruction of Zeal, destruction of Magus' castle, and his death in 1999ad.  Or at least thats where I place it.

He would be alive before he entered the PD, he would be alive when he destroyed Zeal, because he came out of it, same with Magus's castle, and my theory on his death is that after Crono confronted Lavos, he retreated back into the PD, and fought him there.

Kuroikaze

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2005, 05:54:44 am »
No matter WHERE and WHEN you choose to fight lavos, the final battle between you and the core takes place in the Tesseract.

Because you destroy it in the Tesseract, it is effectivly destroying it as soon as it enters the pocket dimension the first time.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2005, 06:10:45 am »
The battle dosen't take place in the Tesseract, it takes place in his shell. Everything is swirling around you because Lavos is manipulating T&S.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 06:23:41 am »
There is no Tesseract involved in Lavos' defeat in CT...The Tesseract is the DBT, which is where the final battle in CC takes place. CT's final battle takes place in Lavos' PD, within it's shell. Time still occurs within Lavos' PD, presumably on a different scale (time would have to pass for Lavos to eventually grow stronger).

Kuroikaze

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2005, 02:21:01 pm »
why is it then that the information in the ROM labels the location where you battle Lavos (final form) as Tesseract?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 02:35:33 pm »
Quote from: Kuroikaze
why is it then that the information in the ROM labels the location where you battle Lavos (final form) as Tesseract?

It dosen't, it labels it: "???"

Kuroikaze

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2005, 04:36:46 pm »
in Temporal Flux, it's location 1DF, and it's labeled "Tesseract".

Of course, this could just be a mistake on the part of the maker of TF, but it's plausible.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2005, 04:37:25 pm »
And if it does say Tesseract, then your ROM ripper is STUPID.

Kuroikaze

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 04:47:48 pm »
interesting information.

Tesseract is a 4 dimensional equivalent of a cube. It's pretty well theorized that by moving in a 4th dimension, time travel is possible, because the 4th dimension IS time.

This could mean that the Portals in CT utilize the Tesseract for Time Travel, and you DO fight Lavos in the tesseract, as you're time traveling as you're fighting him.

I could be wrong, though.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 04:51:41 pm »
Not quiet. Tesseract is something of a waste-bucket for all things deleted due to Time Travel, not a dimension of travelling through time...

Kuroikaze

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 05:34:44 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Not quiet. Tesseract is something of a waste-bucket for all things deleted due to Time Travel, not a dimension of travelling through time...

Umm, you misunderstood me. Go look up Tesseract in the dictionary, then o a Google image search for it. That is a 4 dimensional cube. The designers of CT/CC obviously chose the name for a reason. Theory states that the 4th dimension is time itself, and traveling in the 4th dimension allows free movement through time.

This isn't hard to understand, 3rd dimensional movement allows for flight, as humans can now use vessals to travel along the Z axis.
2 dimensional movement allows humans to turn around and change direction while walking.
1 dimensional movement allows humans to travel in a straight line without changing direction.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 05:48:12 pm »
But that's not what the Tesseract is in CT. Hey look! Dinosaurs living with humans in 65,000,000 BC! OMG THE GAME IS DA SU-*shot* Now STFU and throw that dictionary away. NOW.