Author Topic: Wow... (concerning CT prerelease stuff)  (Read 17313 times)

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Wow... (concerning CT prerelease stuff)
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 05:20:29 pm »
Quote from: RyogaMasaki

Hahahah, good ol Pelord. He knows me, although not like on a personal level. Yeah, he ran his own site and eventually took over Simon Wai's site, iirc.

...And Simon came back eventually and Pelord handed S2B to him. :O

JasAce5

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2004, 07:37:35 pm »
this kinda has to do with what you guys are talking about, but i have been searching thru the chrono prerelease for odd levels, something i havent seen in the final.

now i know the chrono compedium has most of the stuff, but there is one scene/level that i believe the chrono compendium missed.

this is apparently from zeal, as it was playing the zeal theme when you enter the queens throne room or the hall of the mammon machine.

what do you suppose this room is for? i could speculate a room in the north palace, or a secret room.

i got to this place in the pre release by useing these codes:

ff68-740d (walkthru walls code)
7e010090 (level warp code)

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 07:46:12 pm »
Already got it.

I'd say that pretty much everything from the CT Beta has been found by now, though. :/

JasAce5

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 08:52:29 pm »
everything except the stadium like building in 2300 AD.
we still havent figured out what it is.

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 10:06:24 pm »
All we do know that it's name is Robot Village, which was extracted from the area listing in the final ROM. There's no way to figure out it's purpose, as we have no way of contacting the scriptwriter about it and the beta has nothing about it.

JasAce5

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 02:37:04 am »
hey, i think i may have found something. its most likely been found already, but the level is too big to take a screenshot

its like the ocean palace.. except, much smaller and different passageways.. hmmm

here are the 2 codes i used if you want to look:

ff68-740d
7e01002b

you must reset with these codes on, otherwise it will load up the save screen.

managed to take a partial screen of the level:

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 04:49:55 am »
Look, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but have you even bothered to look at our section devoted to the prerelease? Look through that before posting anything else about the beta here, for my sake.

JasAce5

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 09:23:11 am »
um, yes i did look, i guess i missed that one, sry. i noticed there is no screenshots for Death peak...

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 07:20:51 pm »
Hmm. Well, I know for a fact that there were two unreleased songs for Chrono Trigger. One of them was a battle song, I think a boss fight or something. And the other one was a theme song for a location. It was called Sleeping Mountain or Snowing Mountain or something, if I'm correct. The website that had these two songs is unfortunately dead however. I tried going back to it after four years of discovering it but the site is gone I'm afraid. It was called Chrono Trigger Temple. The two unreleased songs were in the CT song section or whatever it was called. I don't know if this has been covered but I thought that I'd add this tid bit of information. :)

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2004, 08:11:12 pm »
Yeah, some of our people have gone in and tried to figure out what the Singing Mountain area was supposed to be.  It was pretty cool.  I can't remember exactly where it was...

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 09:54:57 pm »
All about Singing Mountain

There was a Battle 1 remix for the Prehistoric Era that was found in the ROM, so it's possible that Battle 2 was the song that played when you fight enemies in 2300 A.D.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2004, 11:00:04 pm »
Ahh, so that was Singing Mountain. I saw that same pic of the inside of that mountain from some other site. Unfortunately this computer doesn't have sound, at least I don't think it does, so I can't really listen to them. But if I heard both songs, the unreleased battle/boss theme and the Singing Mountain theme, I would know it. It's ironic too because I haven't heard those songs for about four years, give or take some time, but I can still remember those songs like it was yesterday.

I hope it's not too much trouble, but could someone maybe post some links to where I could find these songs? I wanted to save them somewhere so whenever I am on a computer with working sound, I could listen to them. Those are truly great theme songs.

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2004, 08:19:26 pm »
Has anyone ever noticed that the Singing Mountain song and the game over song are the same?

Teflon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2004, 11:02:51 pm »
The game over song is The Day the World Revived. :O