Author Topic: "The Wedding Picture", Name Pronunciations, and Your Input!  (Read 7991 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: "The Wedding Picture", Name Pronunciations, and Your Input!
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2008, 03:05:52 pm »
Aw, not even Gau's WoR scene from FFVI? That tough lil guy...*sniffles* Totally made up for his until then mostly lackluster character...or, speaking of FFVI...the Rachel/Pheonix scene! Really just that whole side-plot. Or maybe the stuff w/Cyan & his fam?...I'd also bring up Tata & the end of Chapter 1 in FFTactics...but part of that's taken away later a lil bit...still fairly powerful stuff...made me extra dislike Algus, that's for sure...I always screwed him over big time after that whenever I started a new game.

Anyways...

Serge making one emotional response in that scene hardly justifies saying he's in love with Kid...I mean, let's take that scene into context...He's seeing HIMSELF stab Kid. Of COURSE he's freaked out. He doesn't know WTF is going on. Plus, he had an EXACT dream of that scene. It's not like he's saying, oh no! Not Kid! I love Kid! He just sorta growls and gestures. Like I've always said...at least Crono had a fuggin surprised sprite...V_V

Those Schala quotes are rather ambiguous as well...The second part practically sounds like she's talking about Kid...Otherwise, I think she's talking about Janus. I think it makes sense especially if you take Radical Dreamers into account...We already know she's the type of sister who worries about her lil bro. In her mind, I can easily imagine the not-knowing would be eating her up inside...so why would she waste her time looking for some douche like Serge? Because he was a crybaby when he was a lil kid? Because his current gf is a bitch? Because he sorta maybe liked the clone of her?

*sob* I loved FFVI! (I cried at Relm's dream if you let Shadow die! Hell I cried when Kefka died! Of course I'm alittle crazy so that doesn't count!) I am a bit sensitive and video games have moved me emotionaly alot. (I get very absorbed into things! Infact all those moments you mentioned made me sad.....)

Also maybe Serge is just decent enough to help Kid, maybe he sees her as a great friend. Some people would risk there life for there friends (not me....I'd trample on their beaten and broken bodies to save myself....but to each there own). I mean seriosly who here would leave Leena! Anyway my point is it would shock me if I saw myself stab my good friend. Seriously all he things serge did seem proper if he was good friends with her.

I can't say Schala is looking for Janus/Magus but it does seem like she would.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2008, 03:17:30 pm »
Kid/Schala says she'll look for Serge, and you still think she's looking for Janus? She probably thinks Janus is long dead, collapsed along with Zeal, or died later.

And seriously I wouldn't go through a crazy forest fighting a giant hydra just to save some friend, and keep in mind, they only just met at that point.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2008, 07:04:47 pm »
Quote from: Dark Serge
Seriously, you really think she'd say "Forever yours" to Kid or Janus? I think that'd be kinda incest.

Yeah, because "forever yours" has strictly sexual connotations...:roll: I don't see it as being much different than saying "yours truly".

After all, he could go live in his village after he got Kid's amulet, but he didn't. Why didn't he? Because he cared for Kid, that's why.

Well, for one, it's not his Amulet...or you're suggesting he just trap everyone in his alternate dimension? Either way, he had too many questions to give up his little quest. I don't see why you have to insinuate that he has feelings for her from that.

Quote from: Kid
It was bloody good knowing ya, mate!
Thanks for being born "you", Serge!

I guess now's the time to say, "See ya later, mate!"
But...

I'll find ya... Sometime, somewhere...
I'm bloody sure of it!

No matter the time period,
No matter the world ya live in,
I'll find ya!

I'm sure...
I am sure I will find you...

You seem to be using this quote as if it correlates to how Schala feels somehow...Not to mention it just sounds like something a friend would say once they part ways. Basically it's her saying, "see ya later", plus, I don't know if she knew about the worlds merging at that point exactly...

I think with that one everyone can come to the conclusion she's searching for Serge.

Nope...I still say Kid's more just looking for herself...When she's on that boat it doesn't really seem like she's searching for anything, just sort of finally content after having avenged Lucca & saving her 'sister/mother'.

But inside they do cherish and most likely love one another.

Yeah, inside, where it's all just speculation what Serge may or may not be feeling...>_>

She probably thinks Janus is long dead, collapsed along with Zeal, or died later.

If Lucca doesn't exactly believe it, and we know from Radical Dreamers that it's entirely possible he's not, I don't see why Schala would.

And seriously I wouldn't go through a crazy forest fighting a giant hydra just to save some friend, and keep in mind, they only just met at that point.

Maybe he DIDN'T! Eh? "I don't know" always seemed like a far more likely & downright logical decision to me. But again, that's up to interpretation.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:09:14 pm by V_Translanka »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:26 pm »
1. Forever yours, is really something else then yours truly... Really, how many times has a woman said "Forever yours" in a letter to you or someone you know?

2. Why should he have cared for the other world where he died? He lived in his world, had a happy life, he didn't need anything else. Why would he go back without any motives?

3. This speech from Kid comes directly after Schala's. Schala says: "And yet, even then..." and then Kid comes in, saying "...It was blood good knowing ya, mate! blablabla". I get the feeling from this Schala and Kid merged, but on the other hand, they could just be talking simulatenously with each other. And yeah, it's not a tiddy biddy weird that she'd go through the trouble of finding him if he was just a normal friend... She could have left him alone for the rest of his life, yet she insists deeply that she will find him. She must have special feelings for him, otherwise she wouldn't do that. I wouldn't spend my life to find just a normal friend, unless I were in love with her and knew we were made for each other.

4. Yeah... Speculation... That's what most of these forums are build on nowadays.

5. I don't remember Schala and Lucca having any contact. As far as Schala's concerned, she was sent to the DBT right after the Ocean Palace disaster, without ever returning before Serge saved her. The last time she saw Janus was probably in Zeal Palace, because in Crono's altered timeline Janus doesn't enter the Ocean Palace. Or maybe he does, I forgot. Either way, it's not weird to think she assumes him dead. I don't even remember what happened to Janus after the Ocean Palace disaster. In the original timeline he was sent to 600 A.D., but what about the altered timeline?

6. Alright, go through a burning orphanage full of monsters, then. You can't say he didn't here, because he did. You could leave Kid to rot away and die, but that's not canon. It's the same thing with killing Magus in CT.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:20:02 pm by Dark Serge »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2008, 07:34:43 pm »
Really, how many times has a woman said "Forever yours" in a letter to you or someone you know?

It just seems like a dated formal letter ending...& she's from a fairly dated formal setting/era/what-have-you...so that fits too...

Why should he have cared for the other world where he died? He lived in his world, had a happy life, he didn't need anything else. Why would he go back without any motives?

Curiosity? He just found out that there's a whole PARALLEL world! And that somehow he's involved! Not as much action & adventure in Arni Village, I assume.

She could have left him alone for the rest of his life, yet she insists deeply that she will find him.

You see, that's where you're insinuating...I don't see it that way. She's just saying that after all's said & done, she'll look him up. They were friends, I'll admit that. You don't go through that kind of adventure and not bond...but LOVE? That's a stretch. Like you say, they only just met.

Yeah... Speculation... That's what most of these forums are build on nowadays.

And yet you bash said speculation in every other thread...>_> But anyways, I suppose I meant more interpretation there instead of speculation. You're just forcing your own beliefs into Serge because, like I said, he's an emotionless husk...

I used the Lucca reference to show that it's possible that even someone with a sound, rational, thinking mind, not even related to him, would think he was still alive. In the K2 timeline Janus & Belthasar are sent through a gate (to eventually get Time Bastard'd). She could assume that, but I don't know why she would...I mean after all the coincidences that happened in her own life...hell, maybe she was looking for Crono to ask about where her bro was.

Alright, go through a burning orphanage full of monsters, then. You can't say he didn't here, because he did. You could leave Kid to rot away and die, but that's not canon.

Well sure, he tried to save her...though to be honest, he didn't know WHAT he'd have to do to do it that time...Plus, wasn't that all in Kid's mind or something? Either way, I'm sure he didn't want to just stand there and watch a house full of kids burn to death...he's a sick bastard, I'll admit, but not TWISTED! :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:36:39 pm by V_Translanka »

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2008, 07:35:49 pm »
I'd also bring up Tata & the end of Chapter 1 in FFTactics...but part of that's taken away later a lil bit...still fairly powerful stuff...made me extra dislike Algus, that's for sure...I always screwed him over big time after that whenever I started a new game.
I've always liked FFT, XG, and CC because they were able to convey so much emotional situations with bravado.

so why would she waste her time looking for some douche like Serge?
Project Kid, maybe... :wink:

2. Why should he have cared for the other world where he died? He lived in his world, had a happy life, he didn't need anything else. Why would he go back without any motives?

He didn't need to care; he was pulled into the other dimension via Angelus Errare.

4. Yeah... Speculation... That's what most of these forums are build on nowadays.
Actually, most of the accepted theories here have evidentiary credence to them. You just have to look... :roll:

5. I don't remember Schala and Lucca having any contact.
Go here. Since CC was based off of RD, this is the probable situation.

6. Alright, go through a burning orphanage full of monsters, then. You can't say he didn't here, because he did. You could leave Kid to rot away and die, but that's not canon. It's the same thing with killing Magus in CT.
The point was to help Kid with her emotional turmoil; it's the nice thing to do... So, no, you don't *have* to do the sidequest...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:37:40 pm by BROJ »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2008, 07:50:04 pm »
Sigh... Well, this is no use. You guys think they were just friends, I think they were lovers. To each his own.

And I don't bash all speculation, just the stuff that makes no sense.

Also... The second time, no, he wasn't pulled in by AE, he could have decided not to go back.

And no, you don't have to do the sidequest... You can also leave Kid to die... But like I said, that's like killing Magus in CT; not canon. I remember the Viper dudez saying it didn't look like she would ever wake up, and without Serge's help she wouldn't have.

And finally... Yes, most things are backed up by evidence. But not everything, and that's the exact reason why we're here speculating now.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2008, 08:23:05 pm »
And I don't bash all speculation, just the stuff that makes no sense.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to prove the contending party wrong or at least provide a reasonable antithesis of greater value to say someone isn't making sense. :wink:

Also... The second time, no, he wasn't pulled in by AE, he could have decided not to go back.
He was helping his girlfriend Leena find Komodo Dragon scales and after that he was supposed to meet with Leena at the south end IIRC and present the scales. So yes he *had* to go there or rather he was more inclined to go there than not.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:26:05 pm by BROJ »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2008, 08:38:49 pm »
Ok, so if I say, Serge is gay, likes to play with himself, and likes to drink other people's piss, it makes sense unless someone can prove me wrong? Exactly.

AFTER Kid fell ill he got the ASTRAL AMULET, he went back to his world and could have stayed there. So NO, he was NOT forced to go back.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2008, 09:01:43 pm »
Ok, so if I say, Serge is gay, likes to play with himself, and likes to drink other people's piss, it makes sense unless someone can prove me wrong? Exactly.
see:
...a reasonable antithesis of greater value...

AFTER Kid fell ill he got the ASTRAL AMULET, he went back to his world and could have stayed there. So NO, he was NOT forced to go back.
To quote an external article:
[...]
Ten years later, Serge meets with Leena on the Opassa beach for talking about their future together, when (older) Kid pulls him through to the original dimension (Another World), where he is dead.

However, because FATE (as Lynx) had predicted that such event will happen, he had already sent the dragoon Karsh and his underlings to capture Serge and bring him to Lynx. Due to the interference by (younger) Kid, their attempt failed, and Serge could roam free.

However, eventually Serge sought Lynx by his own, due to (not subtle) persuation from (younger) Kid, who still had traumas from Lynx's actions in the orphanage where they had tried to capture Lucca from. [...]

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2008, 09:36:24 pm »
I'm talking about after Kid fell ill dude. I know Serge was pulled to Another World by Kid. He went to Viper Manor, Kid fell ill, and Serge returned to Home World to get Hydra Humour. And he could have stayed there acting like Another World never existed.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2008, 10:06:26 pm »
... he could have stayed there acting like Another World never existed.
He could have, but Belthazar would have probably found a way to intervene. At the very least, he returned on the basis of a guilt trip.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2008, 10:53:26 pm »
Belthasar might be clever, he can't force people to do things. If Serge would've changed his mind about his quest, or if he had died, all his planning would be in vain.

But Belthasar wasn't the point here, I was trying to say Serge went back because of Kid.

BROJ

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2008, 11:00:26 pm »
But Belthasar wasn't the point here, I was trying to say Serge went back because of Kid.
Huh...  :? Wasn't that what I just said?
At the very least, he returned on the basis of a guilt trip.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2008, 03:30:13 am »
Sigh... Well, this is no use. You guys think they were just friends, I think they were lovers. To each his own.

Yeah, I just don't understand WHY you think they're lovers...I mean, you still haven't really given much sound evidence where you're not just emoting onto Serge showing what makes you think that way about it...but, sure, go ahead and believe what you want...I'll just continue to know that you have no reason to believe what you believe, I guess...:P

And no, you don't have to do the sidequest... You can also leave Kid to die... But like I said, that's like killing Magus in CT; not canon. I remember the Viper dudez saying it didn't look like she would ever wake up, and without Serge's help she wouldn't have.

That's where you're wrong. The option isn't "Nope! Screw Kid! I hope she dies!"...The question is simply "What are you going to do" and the alternative option is "I don't know". A perfectly reasonable response. He's basically told the only cure doesn't exist! "I don't know" certainly makes the most sense in that situation. ALSO! If Serge is thinking at ALL about his dream, I'd think he'd want to distance himself from Kid as much as possible so as not to end up having his premonition come true...

AFTER Kid fell ill he got the ASTRAL AMULET, he went back to his world and could have stayed there.

He went to Viper Manor, Kid fell ill, and Serge returned to Home World to get Hydra Humour.

Doesn't that logic sort of defeat itself? How is he going to stay there if his intention was to save Kid???