Author Topic: any cl fans out there?  (Read 2381 times)

satchel_dawg

Re: any cl fans out there?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 04:52:24 pm »
you know after watching it enough you get used to it. it took me 2 seasons to get used to the foreheads, but that was because they kept on reusing that close up on their foreheads.

Silver

• Porrean (+50)
  • Resident Code Lyoko Nut
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 01:15:08 pm »
I think they left the foreheads large simply for the sake of letting the characters be more expressive; but that's only a guess.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 04:32:30 pm »
I think they left the foreheads large simply for the sake of letting the characters be more expressive; but that's only a guess.
because they honestly are more expressive then other anime with smaller heads.
The french just fail at heads.

Silver

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 07:43:48 pm »
Grey, for Christ's sake, would you stop with the trolling, please?

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 08:30:02 pm »
Grey, for Christ's sake, would you stop with the trolling, please?
dude, that wasn't trolling.  That was disproving an argument for the big old heads.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2007, 01:05:36 am »
May I ask why the foreheads are all that bothersome? They're just part of the animation style from what I can tell.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 03:05:16 am »
I don't like the animation style that much personally, but not enough to complain about it.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 11:50:03 am »
I have to say though the show has been getting better.  And stop with the god damn forhead comment already.  WE GET THE GOD DAMN POINT!...I don't think it's that bad.  hey look at dbz, they have hair that stands 20 ft yet no one complains about that.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 04:18:48 pm »
May I ask why the foreheads are all that bothersome? They're just part of the animation style from what I can tell.
because the anatomy is so fucked up at that point. I mean, if you can draw a body, why the hell would you put up a dexter's lab head up on there? why not even try to make it smaller.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 04:20:37 pm »
I have to say though the show has been getting better.  And stop with the god damn forhead comment already.  WE GET THE GOD DAMN POINT!...I don't think it's that bad.  hey look at dbz, they have hair that stands 20 ft yet no one complains about that.
True, but have you ever heard of people not making fun of DBZ for KKKKKKAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEE*five episodes later* HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*another episode.* HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hell, one of the big jokes is the joke line "are they still on namek?" because it took forever.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 04:43:10 pm »
I've compalned about that on several occations.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 05:04:07 pm »
] because the anatomy is so fucked up at that point. I mean, if you can draw a body, why the hell would you put up a dexter's lab head up on there? why not even try to make it smaller.
So? Plenty of animation styles exaggerate bodies and features. That's simply part of the animation style. Does the style truly suffer from it? Is it that big a distraction?

I'm not necessarily defending it per se. I'm just trying to figure out why a certain aspect of the animation style is so bothersome. It's not like they're exaggerating breast sizes, after all. (There you'd have me complaining.)

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 05:42:07 pm »
] because the anatomy is so fucked up at that point. I mean, if you can draw a body, why the hell would you put up a dexter's lab head up on there? why not even try to make it smaller.
So? Plenty of animation styles exaggerate bodies and features. That's simply part of the animation style. Does the style truly suffer from it? Is it that big a distraction?

I'm not necessarily defending it per se. I'm just trying to figure out why a certain aspect of the animation style is so bothersome. It's not like they're exaggerating breast sizes, after all. (There you'd have me complaining.)
It's just... annoying to look at. I guess cause its so easy to draw a normal sized head, and they just bungled it.

Silver

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 03:24:39 am »

It's just... annoying to look at. I guess cause its so easy to draw a normal sized head, and they just bungled it.

Everyone draws stuff differently, Gray.  I mean, I tend to go freehand sketching, but that doesn't make me Yoshitako Amano.

Besides, you won't have to look at it much longer.  Season 4 (currently airing) is the last season, and it's almost over.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 03:12:31 pm »
it's not officially cancelled yet, but it'll be official soon.

teklinks.org got shut down. it was like the biggest cl fansite, now i have virtually no way of finding episode downloads. :(