Author Topic: Why does the Red Stone interact with Lavos so well?  (Read 5551 times)

kfranko

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Why does the Red Stone interact with Lavos so well?
« on: June 01, 2004, 01:53:36 am »
Such Occurances such as the Mammon Machine being made of red stone and the Ruby Knife, later MasaMune, being made of Red Stone and repaired with Red Stone, have led me to wonder how it has such an affinity with Lavos, it origin was established far before the fall of Lavos, so it is not part of him, and yet it has the power to "suck" energy from him. Are there any theories that have bound the relation between Red Stone and Lavos?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 08:15:33 am »
I have a small theory, but it is a bit far-fetched...

The Planet and the Dreamstone are creators of dreams, hope, life, etc. . As for Lavos, he could be a sort of destroyer of dreams (one of his attack is named "Dreamless"), and the Devourer of Time is known to be full of hate and sorrow. So, maybe Lavos could be some "corrupted incarnation" of another planet, kinda like the Dragon God too...

It could be why Dreamstones (Red Rock) and Lavos have some kind of bound, and why Dreamstones and Frozen Flame share some similarities.

This theory is rather far-fetched and hasn't got a big, real, basis in the games though, it more like my personal interpretation.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doulifee.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 03:46:55 pm »
or maybe this stone come from the core of the planet (that why you need to travel to the prehistoric age to found them, where the geological activity is still strong)
So this stone is the most "living" part of the planet and thus th "entity".
It's possible it reacte because lavos is an alien entity of the planet

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 04:01:05 pm »
Ah interesting... more plausible too... I was thinking about how comes there was lots of Dreamstone in the Prehistory but less in 600AD, now your idea could explain that.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 04:25:24 pm »
that or:
zeal kingdom as use most of the R.stone ore to build the mammon machine or the ocean palace.

that explain 2 thing:

1-No Red stone in the other age.
2-The durability of the ocean palace/Masamune/pendant

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 06:37:40 pm »
I always thought that the Red Rock came from the earth. The most abundant places are those in which, like said the earth is still forming and then in Zeal where they have some higher forms of technology as in mining and the like.

Lavos absorbs the earth's energy and the Rare Red Rock absorbs Lavos' energy so that it may be used in various ways. Perhaps Lavos himself uses Dreamstone to become more powerful and that is why it becomes less and less common.

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 12:54:59 pm »
It's a possibility that the red stone contain the VERY essence of the planet, that why it desapeared with the flow of time, and lavos.

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 09:09:43 pm »
I've been developing an idea of my own about he dreamstone. It's currently my belief that the dreamstone acts as a kind of 'will' amplifier, for lack of a better term. However humans dont have a strong enough will on their own, which is why it was pretty much ignored until lavos came. Lavos himself has a very strong will, and the dreamstone reacts to it. Likewise, Masa and Mune have strong wills. It could also explain why the Masamune becomes tainted over time.

Sadly, theres still to many holes in my idea to call it a theory.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 06:20:04 pm »
Well, it's obvious that the Red Rock was a creation of the Earth, as all rocks on the Earth are a part of the Earth itself (study the rock cycle and get ready to be bored :P). Perhaps the Earth, which obviously has a mind of its own, and most, from what I've heard, go so far as to say it's the entity, created the Red Rock as its ultimate act of purity. It cultivates Dreams, sometimes said to be the state when human nature itself is at its peak, to quote Sigmond Froid, and with all the dreams created in human minds, it's obvious that the rock holds some power. Being that Lavos is the anti-Earth, the Earth's strongest creation could be nothing but the anti-Lavos, right. Strange, but think about it...

chronotriggerfreak

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctf.sytes.net/
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 06:37:23 pm »
Quote from: XchrononetX
Well, it's obvious that the Red Rock was a creation of the Earth, as all rocks on the Earth are a part of the Earth itself (study the rock cycle and get ready to be bored :P).

Lavos's shell is, although arguably, made of some sort of rock or stone or other classification of geological material. Was Lavos, then, a creation of the Earth? Just a thought.  :wink:

Quote from: XchrononetX
Sigmond Froid

Sigmund Freud.  :D

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 08:15:39 pm »
What about this theory: When Lavos was approaching the Earth, either small fragments of him broke off and hit the Earth before him, or he knocked around a few meteoroids on the way, which got charged with some of his power, hit Earth first, and the rocks became known as Dreamstones.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 09:50:08 pm »
What about this theory: When Lavos was approaching the Earth, either small fragments of him broke off and hit the Earth before him, or he knocked around a few meteoroids on the way, which got charged with some of his power, hit Earth first, and the rocks became known as Dreamstones.

I think the dreamstone was around a bit longer than that.  It was a status symbol ( in terms of strength ).

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 11:07:23 pm »
Sorry about spelling Freud wrong. Now I feel goofy :P. Also, I said any Rock on EARTH. This is before Lavos time, which I'm speaking of, that the rock was on Earth because Ayla had it in her possession before Lavos even entered the Earths atmosphere. This proves there is no connection between the rock or Lavos in origin at least. Also, Ayla said it was a sign of strength, so this was obviously a tradition long since carried on, or at least nearly as long as the beginning of mankind. The game seems to hint that Ayla's people, while the oldest culture sited, was probably at least a good while off from the beginning. I wonder...

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 11:18:19 pm »
yep. also isn't Lavos's shell made from bone rather than stone.  If there is some connection i missed in my old geosystems class, please inform me of it.
I think the dreamstone must somehow channel energy in general, not just Lavos's.  And hold on, thought....yes doesnt almost all of Lavos's power come from the planet? I don't think that it is its own power source. So wouldnt the energy coming from Lavos be the planets energy (though tainted since the medium is... well... Lavos). So perhaps the Dreamstone absorbs the planets energy fairly well. And if it cultivates dreams as well, which was suggested earlier, it would be able to embody the Entity's (planet's) dream as well....   or maybe it just has a cool glow or something and thats why primitive man admired it so much. oh well

doulifee

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 01:22:17 pm »
lavos shell should be insect-like protection, a chitine thingummie.

and dreamstone exist before lavos. the first time you came in the prehistoric era, ayla give you the stone, and it's before Lavos' crash. remember that?