Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484815 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1710 on: January 28, 2009, 07:39:32 pm »
You're left-handed too, Tea?
No, but my left hand was killing me. It's better now.

Two problems now. One is that some nerve in my pelvis that goes all the way down my legs is apparently not happy with me, as it hurts. A lot. The second problem is that I can't get through the mountain thing in the Mulan level of Kingdom Hearts 2. Normally, it's a cakewalk. But I'm doing Proud mode and it keeps eating me.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1711 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:45 pm »
just keep at it. Proud mode is hard, but persistence pays off. You'll get it eventually. As for the pain in your leg and pelvis region, I'd suggest going for a small walk, once or twice around your block should clear it right up.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1712 on: January 28, 2009, 07:45:42 pm »
Yeah, I was stuck there for a while too. I pwned it after grinding at the bottom of the Mountain. Imagine how hard the Xaldin fight will be!

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 28, 2009, 07:47:56 pm »
I'd love to go for a walk. Here's the problem with that, though.

1. It's dark out there. Note that up here in New England, it's dark at around 6 in the evening.

2. It's icy out there. Note the snow storm we had, followed by rain and sleet and freezing rain, and the freezing temperatures.

3. My neighborhood sucks. I'm not going out there alone, as although I am jailbait, to some people that doesn't matter.

4. Significant lack of sidewalk take carage. The city has used up its snow removal budget already, and the sidewalks are the least of our worries.

5. It hurts to walk.

I know I should keep at it in Proud mode. Things before this level were cake. I miss my Normal game. There, I've beaten the game and am overlevelled. And I have Final Form. ... don't remind me about the nasty fights... I wish I could just run around as Final Form Sora again, or level up Wisdom Form...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1714 on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:36 pm »
You know, I don't think I've ever even once seen a school up here get closed because of any amount of snow.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 29, 2009, 12:28:08 am »
I'm at Level 50 at the save point outside of the first boss in Kingdom Hearts 2.

That's as far as I got, the disc I was borrowing froze at the cutscene, so I kept fighting, then BOOM! Level 50.

Then my PS2 broke.  :picardno

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 29, 2009, 12:45:37 am »
Ouch, that has got to suck.

LV 50, as Roxas? Damn, man.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1717 on: January 29, 2009, 12:59:18 am »
that sucks, but look at the bright side: at least when you get a new ps2, you'll already be at lvl 50.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1718 on: January 29, 2009, 02:08:25 am »
Frustration of the day: English class. Essays SUCK.
Have to write an essay on prejudice (most overused topic in schools, ugh). I have one and a half pages, it needs to be two and a half pages. But I already have everything it needs and I don't know how to fluff it up!
Oh yeah. And it's due in two hours. Yay stupid essays.

idioticidioms

« Reply #1719 on: January 29, 2009, 10:54:33 am »
I never had a problem with Essays. I'm guessing you have an opening paragraph and a summarizing paragraph. Both are good to have as one tells you whats going to be in the Essay and the latter sums it up in one paragraph. If you have those already, it's just a matter of stretching your middle out. Give more information per paragraph in between that deals with the point of the paragraph. Could be useful information or could be private musings on the matter. Example: (paragraph)blah, blah, blah, and I think this is because blah, blah, blah(/paragraph)

Of course, that has been shortened so as not to take up too much space in this post, but you get the picture. There's always ways to expand your information to fill out the requirement for the Essay, it's just a matter of finding it.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 29, 2009, 11:36:17 am »
Lv. 50 at the first boss?! Damn, man! That's impressive! I was kicking some serious ass until the Mulan level. So, to level up, I'm running around Hollow Bastion. I wish Leon/Squall would come and kick some ass with me again... that was awesome.

My frustration is my back. The pain from my legs is gone now, but apparently I pulled the muscles in my back and shoulders bringing a hamper of clean laundry upstairs and tossing around at night.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 29, 2009, 12:33:50 pm »
KH-related gripe: Couldn't beat Xigbar in TWTNW. IDR my stats, or my LV. Plus, I can't access a PS2/PS3 to play the game.

Main gripe: Still having probs with Drac in OoE, and school has been taking its toll on me.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #1722 on: January 29, 2009, 01:24:35 pm »
I never had a problem with Essays. I'm guessing you have an opening paragraph and a summarizing paragraph. Both are good to have as one tells you whats going to be in the Essay and the latter sums it up in one paragraph. If you have those already, it's just a matter of stretching your middle out. Give more information per paragraph in between that deals with the point of the paragraph. Could be useful information or could be private musings on the matter. Example: (paragraph)blah, blah, blah, and I think this is because blah, blah, blah(/paragraph)

Of course, that has been shortened so as not to take up too much space in this post, but you get the picture. There's always ways to expand your information to fill out the requirement for the Essay, it's just a matter of finding it.

Um, that's not exactly the best way of structuring an essay...

idioticidioms

« Reply #1723 on: January 29, 2009, 01:52:27 pm »
Never said it was, but it works well enough. Worked well enough to get me a solid A in English throughout my last few years of school.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 29, 2009, 01:55:26 pm »
Um, that's not exactly the best way of structuring an essay...

Agreed.

Personally, I loathe introductory and conclusion paragraphs, but some form of that is needed so it’s hard to get away from those blights.

And of course, an essay should never contain anything resembling the phrase "I think this" unless it is along the lines of a This I Believe essay. A good essay should be so well reasoned and supported by evidence that it isn't "what you think" about a topic but what your know, as it were.

Trust me, instructors can sense fluff with great ease. I've graded such essays before and they're physically painful to read... unless they are so horrible that they're actually funny. But then I usually am laughing so hard at how bad they are that I hurt myself. So yeah, just physically painful all round.

Generally, as long as the teacher has any hope or motivation left, you're better turning in something under the minimum requirement than to turn in fluff. It shows you have academic integrity. Fluff is just an insult.

Id, the fact that you were able to get an A in English with that approach is one of the reasons the current school systems are a disgrace to civilizations everywhere.