Author Topic: Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!  (Read 14664 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Team Versions in Home World exist!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 09:57:30 pm »
I was reading alot of the theory and conjecture, and I remember at one point, it was agreed by popular vote that the Chrono Team, which includes Lucca, Marle, Magus, Glenn, Ayla, and Robo, cannot cross dimensions from the original timeline (Another world) into the dimensional timeline in which the future is still ruined (Home World).  And yet, as several have pointed out, Kato told us himself that the Prometheus Circuit is Robo.
Point?  Robo and Chronopolis existed in Another.  No home.  He never crossed dimensions.

Don't you see the glaring inconsistency with the assumption that ppl in the "Another World" dimension before 1010 can't cross into "Home World?"  If that were true, Robo would not have been able to work with Belthesar and become the Prometheus Circuit.  It could be argued that some version of "Prometheus," what Robo was before he became Robo, but we have agreed to take what Kato says as fact.  For the Prometheus Circuit to be Robo, as Kato says, the Chrono Team must have full ability to cross between dimensions.
...Why not?  Another World is the same dimension that Chrono Trigger took place in, simpley because Home wasn't around then.  Robo existed in Another's future.  Chronopolis existed in Another's future.

This naturally gives more credence some obvious solutions to certain Home World characters' resemblance to Chrono Team characters.  Magil is obviously Magus, and Miguel (with his ludicrous power and Luminaire attack) is obviously Crono.  Would not the simplest theory be that FATE rewrote their memories in the Home World dimension?
Miguel is now where near as powerful as Crono would be.  Explain why Miguel doesn't use a sword?  Serge can get Luminaire, does that make him Crono as well?  The entire "Miguel=Crono" has been proven to be pure speculation, and most likely false.  Miguel is powerful because of FATE.

Or at least it tried.  Magil still somewhat acts like Magus, and Miquel is fully aware of who the Ghost Children are, even his own ghost.  No amount of memory insurrection could ever explain to the Chrono Team members why they are so damned powerful.
It is very debatable that the Ghost Children are Crono, Marle, and Lucca.  Hell, if you think Miguel=Crono, then how the hell can the Crono ghost be the ghost of Crono?

Looking at your arguement now, it seems like you don't know what your talking about.  After 1010, everyone present in the world was split.  After 1010, there is a Home World Version of Crono, Marle, and Lucca.

However, this is what the article was saying.  It is impossible for anyone to time travel from a year before 1010, to a year after 1010-Home World.  So when Crono Trigger took place, Crono could not go from 1000ad Another, to 2300ad Home.  Why?  Because at Crono's point of departure, there is no Home World yet.  However, if Crono waits until after 1010, Another Crono can time travel to 2300 another, and Home Crono can time travel to 2300 home.

Understand?

On another note, do you guys really want to argue about the fates of Crono and Marle here, when nothing can be proven either way?  Sigh.

will if they aren't, their pretty clever for turning into ghosts in both homeworld and another world.
As said before, it is argueable about who the Ghost Children are.  It doesn't ever say that are Crono and co.  It say they are echos of those long gone.

Here is what he said:
   Don't let it bother you.
   It's just a distant echo
   from ones far gone...
   It's just an illusion.
Now, as to who they are, I think I find Grey Lensman's "Dream-Figment Theory" to be the best.  If you don't know what that is, look it up in the Salt for the Dead Sea article.

On the same tangent, Crono and Marle are also most likely dead — I hate to say it, but it's wishful thinking that they survived the Porrean attack on Guardia. I keep thinking of the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 Russia and how the royal family was eventually killed, to ensure that no resistance movements sympathetic to their cause rise up and try to retake the country.
That happend in the Bolshevik Revolution.  How many modern wars have the leader of another country murdered?  When France surrendered to Nazi Germany, did Hitler have the entire French Government executed?  When the German Empire surrendered, did Kaiser William get executed?  I really doubt something like that happend.

It is possible Crono and Marle are dead.  I doubt they are, however.  Lucca's letter speaks of "her friends" as if they are alive.  The burning orphanage has recent, happy, hand drawn pictures of Crono and Marle.  Crono and Marle are very powerful, while Porrean guns are weak, as seen in CC.  Also, people seem to have some idea of Crono charging lines and lines of Porrean guns alone, in some epic battle.  Doesn't sound like how Crono does business at all.

No proof on either side, so its pointless argueing about it.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 10:02:08 pm »
On the same tangent, Crono and Marle are also most likely dead — I hate to say it, but it's wishful thinking that they survived the Porrean attack on Guardia. I keep thinking of the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917 Russia and how the royal family was eventually killed, to ensure that no resistance movements sympathetic to their cause rise up and try to retake the country.
That happend in the Bolshevik Revolution.  How many modern wars have the leader of another country murdered?  When France surrendered to Nazi Germany, did Hitler have the entire French Government executed?  When the German Empire surrendered, did Kaiser William get executed?  I really doubt something like that happend.

It is possible Crono and Marle are dead.  I doubt they are, however.  Lucca's letter speaks of "her friends" as if they are alive.  The burning orphanage has recent, happy, hand drawn pictures of Crono and Marle.  Crono and Marle are very powerful, while Porrean guns are weak, as seen in CC.  Also, people seem to have some idea of Crono charging lines and lines of Porrean guns alone, in some epic battle.  Doesn't sound like how Crono does business at all.

Didn't crono do that on both the black omen and the undersea palace. didn't he also do that to Lavos himself, the raid on the bridge, magus castle.

Crono basically is one giant zerg rush man! :shock:

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 11:30:38 pm »

Didn't crono do that on both the black omen and the undersea palace. didn't he also do that to Lavos himself, the raid on the bridge, magus castle.

Crono basically is one giant zerg rush man! :shock:
Crono never took an army on solo.  At Zenan Bridge, the Knights were there, so that really wasn't solo.  I could see him commanding Guardia's army, and providing support.  All the other things he did, he did surgical strikes on their home base.  He doesn't charge head first, alone, against Armies in the field.  He goes after the head.  If he did something similar against Porre, he would have gone to kick ass on Porre's home front.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 10:56:57 am »
Besides, if one watches the Final Fantasy Chronicles FMV, Kid is found with Schala's pendant already on her person. I seriously doubt that Janus would just give his infant niece-clone the pendant and than leave her in the wilderness to fend for herself until Lucca stumbles onto her. The pendant is most likely a gift from Schala to her daughter-clone, to protect the child as it protected the mother.

You need to read my post again. I stated that the pendant given to Kid drew him closer to that time line. I also stated that he gave Lucca the Astral Amulet, not Schala's pendant, as some sort of momento for Kid for their strong connection or bond.

Also, it was my understanding that the Lynx in HOME world was some Zenan or Porre commander or conquerer or something along that line. If time and worlds were unified, then Lynx still exists, not the FATE reincarnation, but the actual person. I believe Norris stated this in Termina HOME.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 12:25:01 pm »
Except Norris was only able to tell that Serge wasn't the real Lynx because of his behavior. That implies that they looked the same.

So that Lynx was also a FATE incarnation.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 04:05:15 pm »
Except Norris was only able to tell that Serge wasn't the real Lynx because of his behavior. That implies that they looked the same.

that's another world.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 04:39:47 pm »
We see Lynx in home, though. He's frozen in the Dead Sea.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 04:45:28 pm »
We see Lynx in home, though. He's frozen in the Dead Sea.
Urban legend. It has yet to be proven by a concrete screenshot, just like the Zeal dye Japanese qutoe.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 06:38:16 pm »

I think you mean that Norris thought that Lynx had returned, and then that he was behaving differently, and could not have been the real Lynx.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 07:45:04 pm »
Irrelevant, we still have no reason to assume that there's a different Lynx in Home. History was the same until 1010, and Lynx was created before that.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 11:17:00 am »
No it's very relevant.

Norris specifically stated as well as other towns people, if you talk with them, wondering about Lynx's return and strange behavior.

[Porre Soldier]
   ......!!!
   Can it be you,
   Sir Lynx!?
   You are safe, sir?
   Where have you been
   all this time...!?
   We have set up a temporary
   military dock beyond this
   point.
   Nobody may pass without
   permission from Commander
   Norris...not even you,
   Sir Lynx.
   Commander Norris is at
   the ruins of Viper Manor.
   Please report your current
   status to him immediately!

The fact is that Lynx in HOME world is not like the Lynx we knew. He's very different and he is no where near El Nido.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 12:37:45 pm »
Yes, but we have
no reason to assume that Home's Lynx is a different person physically than Another's. The Lynx we know was already in existance before the split, so it would make absolutely little to no sense to assume that Home's Lynx was physically any different

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 01:19:54 pm »
He isn't physically different at all. Norris recognizes him for what he really is. He was just surprised to see him "here". You don't have to assume anything. Lynx is Lynx in the HOME time and the FATE reincarnation of Lynx that resembled Serge's worst fear and imposing figure in ANOTHER time, is dead. There's still a Lynx in HOME somewhere in Porre or on the Zenan mainland, or anywhere other than El Nido.

The one in HOME and the other in ANOTHER are different and are not related. Appearance wise maybe, but not goal wise.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 03:42:39 pm »
I see, we're talking about different people as something deeper and more psychologically different than physically. What we agree on, is that they're physically the same entity with identical origins, but as far as personality and goals, are as different as the two Fargos, right?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »
Lynx and Home worlds Lynx is the same.

Lynx was on good terms with Viper and Porre all along. The thing is that in Home World, when Lynx took the Dragoons to the Dead Sea, ever froze there. Nobody for that reason has seen Lynx and everyone else for a very long time. Lynx coming back all of a sudden would spark something like that, people asking where he has been or how he has been etc.