Author Topic: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread  (Read 24925 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: The Much-Needed Bleach Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2007, 05:30:02 pm »
It's from the filler showdown between Ken and Maki Ichinose, a shinigami who allied with the Bounts after leaving Soul Society. He looked up to the former 11th squad captain, and when Ken murdered the dood for captainship he quit altogether. He tracked down Kenpachi in the Bount invasion and pulled out all the stops, including this amazing rainbow technique with no chance of escape.

But we all know what happened next, don't we?

For openings, I like Ichirin no Hana and Rolling Star. Ichirin no Hara in particular races at breakneck speed; it was perfect for wrapping up the Soul Society arc. It was AWESOME how the end of the introduction was made to sync with the image of Ichigo's face being replaced with his Hollow form.

For endings, Houki Boshi (played during the credits which showed captain / lieutenants). I'd be happy if "happypeople" disappeared from the face of the earth.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 05:32:01 pm by ZeaLitY »

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2007, 05:44:03 pm »
The coolest opening - and the one that most translates "Bleachness" (Oo) into music, if I might add -- has to be Asterisk. I also like YUE's 'Rolling Star' a lot.

The best endings are Houki Boshi and 'Life', by YUE, also.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 11:32:09 pm »
After finally getting caught up with the current Bleach episodes, and trying to get caught up with the mange, I must say I think I have a new favorite character.

And he's very LUCKY!

"Yeah they say that guys with Ichi in their names are overflowing with talent and good looks. At least that's what I've heard..."

"If a person dies in combat - at least he knows the name... of the one that brought him death."

"BAN...KAI!"

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 02:54:09 am »
HyperiaOmega

Grimmjow is the manliest Arrancar to ever come into existence.

His only purpose in life is to kick the ass of anyone he feels like, at any time. This one time, he kicked Ichigo's ass. Why? Because he thought Ulquiorra was too much of an emo to do it. So he did it himself. Awesome.

Grimmjow also has the most badass name ever. Just say it: Grimmjow Jaggerjack. Grimmjow Jaggerjack. He sounds like a shark that rapes your liver diagonally. With his Jaggerjack jaw. Hardcore.

He can beat the Protagonist, and everybody knows the Protagonist has Deus Ex Machina. And how does he beat him? He punches Ichigo in the face like ten million times. And he does it nonchalantly too. He just has this smile while he pounds Ichigo into oblivion, and Ichigo takes it like a little *****.

And then when he's finished, he uppercuts Ichigo in the face with his foot, and then dropkicks him back down to the ground in midair. I'm not sure what just happened, but I think my face exploded from the awesome. Seriously. He kicks Ichigo's ass without Shikai or Bankai or anything. That's just how badass Grimmjow is - he can kill a Deus Ex Protagonist who's in Bankai while Grimmjow just uses his fists.

And then Tousen appears out of nowhere and slices Grimmjow's arm off. He slices Grimmjow's arm off. And do you know what Grimmjow does? He just stands there with a face that says "lol wut?" He doesn't even care that his arm got sliced off, he's puzzled why Tousen came out of nowhere to piss him off while he's kicking Ichigo's ass.

Man, Grimmjow RULES. The only person that can match Grimmjow's sheer and pure manliness is Zaraki Kenpachi. And Kenpachi destroyed Tousen, who cut Grimmjow's arm off. And Kenpachi did it without eyesight or hearing or smell.

Man, if Grimmjow ever released his Zanpakuto, the world would explode. That's probably the initial effect, the world explodes. The secondary effect is making the universe explode.

Holy **** Grimmjow is awesome.

Every move he takes, he's so manly, he makes other worlds explode. If you were within 300 miles of his presence, your face would burn off due to the badassery friction within the surrounding radius. I need to make a Random Grimmjow Fact Generator.

Plus, Grimmjow is the sexiest thing in Bleach. He's like a fusion between Renji and Hitsugaya, with an awesome voice to match. That makes him absolutely manly. Why do you think there's only like, 5 girl Arrancar? The rest are busy having sex with Grimmjow in their freetime, whenever Grimmjow is not pulverizing Ichigo in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9m6pNZre8
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:57:26 am by ZeaLitY »

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 09:46:20 am »
In fact Grimmjow's release is nothing special. It's like a cool looking outfit with effects similar to the Tensa Zangetsu (increased speed, power, nothing too special).

And well, hate to spoil, but he ends up getting his ass handed to him by Vizard Ichigo. As would obviously happen sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong, Grimmjaw is one of my favourite Bleach characters. It's just that the way Mr. Kubo suddenly made him into a 'piece o' crap' character by getting Noitora treat him like garbage (he makes a freaking "surprise!!" look on his face, dammit! Ichigo makes "surprise!!" faces, not Grimmjow!) really sucks. It's awful when a really cool character is treated as a defenseless, disposable plot device.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 10:45:00 am »
In fact Grimmjow's release is nothing special. It's like a cool looking outfit with effects similar to the Tensa Zangetsu (increased speed, power, nothing too special).

And well, hate to spoil, but he ends up getting his ass handed to him by Vizard Ichigo. As would obviously happen sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong, Grimmjaw is one of my favourite Bleach characters. It's just that the way Mr. Kubo suddenly made him into a 'piece o' crap' character by getting Noitora treat him like garbage (he makes a freaking "surprise!!" look on his face, dammit! Ichigo makes "surprise!!" faces, not Grimmjow!) really sucks. It's awful when a really cool character is treated as a defenseless, disposable plot device.

Ahh, you spoiled it! I haven't got that far in the manga yet!

That is disappointing, considering he is one of the few arrancar that actually have a personality, as far as I can see. Most of them are just kind of there. Except for maybe Yami and Ulqourira(I dunno how to spell it.) But they remind me of Vegeta and Nappa way too much. Nappa(Yami) does all the fighting, is a big mouth, and Vegeta(Ulqourria) stands in the back trying to look cool. You already know Ulqourria is stronger, just how you knew Vegeta was stronger too.

Too bad for Grimmjow, maybe in the anime they may tweak what happens to him a bit.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 03:48:43 pm by Glennleo »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 01:53:52 pm »
Well, it's a good thing I stopped fucking reading.

No manga spoilers.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:23 pm »
Well, perhaps a good spoiler that doesn't really spoil anything such as the fact that Grimmjow is the only arrancar to have a bit of background story shown, canonically, will atone for my previous evil spoilar.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2007, 10:08:44 am »
Anyone else thinking of getting the Wii Bleach game? It looks pretty fun, and it finally got a European release date (well, Q1 2008), much to my surprise. Seeing as Bleach isn't even past episode 3 here yet, I wonder if they'll edit it to avoid spoilers... I recall some Naruto game doing such a thing, removing Itachi. Anyway, seeing as the game's plot is about an Arrancar (one exclusive to the game, I might add), it's unlikely that they'd leave out Grimmjow and Ulquiorra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleach:_Shattered_Blade

Lu Su

• Guardian (+100)
  • Im an EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 02:02:48 pm »
me get  :D

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2007, 03:51:44 pm »
Waww :~

Now I want a Wii. :~~

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2007, 05:15:06 pm »
I just hope it's a good game worth getting. I love Bleach, but if the game sucks I won't even be interested.
Comes out Oct 9th in the states.

Anyone got some links to game play demos, or anything like that.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2007, 12:16:10 pm »
No playable demos. At least you can watch gameplay videos; YouTube has plenty.

Ulquiorra VS Grimmjow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fdNIv-scIs

Note: Contains no spoilers. Grimmjow's release isn't even in the game (well, considering the anime hasn't reached that point, it's no surprise).

There are only three playable Arrancar (as far as I know): Ulquiorra, Grimmjow, and the game-exclusive Arturo Plateado.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 12:23:01 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2007, 08:13:36 pm »
After seeing that fight I'm not interested in buying this game. Maybe renting it, and then if I like it I'll buy it.

Reminds me of the old Dragonball GT game for the PS1, which was alright for 1990 or whenever it was around, but doesn't fly for today's gaming standards.

EDIT: OK, well I watched some more fights, and it looks a little better than I thought. But I just realized they will probably use American Voice actors for the US release, so it will totally ruin the game for me. Oh well. Maybe it will be so good I can ignore the horrible voices.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:18:27 pm by Glennleo »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2007, 03:51:02 am »
It is possible they'll throw in an option to switch to the original Japanese voices, though.