Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 481442 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #4785 on: December 31, 2009, 04:13:12 am »
The internet connection here at my parent's house is just horrid.  Grrr.

Also, I've been randomly ill for the past two days.  Constant nausea, bad headache and general exhaustion.  Not fun.  I really hope this doesn't completely muck up the rest of my winter break--I go back to school on the 5th.  I definitely don't want to spend my last few days here feeling awful!

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4786 on: December 31, 2009, 05:25:43 am »
I find nosebleeds to be very frustration. I've had about four nosebleeds in the last two days. I was going to go to the mall later today, but now I don't know if I should go. Last thing I want is to get a nosebleed in public.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: December 31, 2009, 05:28:27 am »
Yikes!  That's understandable.  Sorry to hear about that.  My boyfriend gets nosebleeds quite often because he has a Vitamin K deficiency--maybe you have that?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: December 31, 2009, 05:45:56 am »
On that note, I've been getting watery eyes most every time I've gone out in the cold these past two months. Really watery...tears streaming down my cheeks in a matter of minutes, or even seconds. I've never experienced anything remotely like this before. I have no clue what's causing it.

MsBlack

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: December 31, 2009, 01:29:35 pm »
On that note, I've been getting watery eyes most every time I've gone out in the cold these past two months. Really watery...tears streaming down my cheeks in a matter of minutes, or even seconds. I've never experienced anything remotely like this before. I have no clue what's causing it.

http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/eyes_water.html

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: December 31, 2009, 03:04:38 pm »
The fear of death.

I find it such a trivial, irrational fear often assumed ironically by those who have nothing to live for. Why fear what you cannot avoid? In all reality, I find the concept of death comforting, even as an atheist. Something about slipping into nothingness after living a life as fully as I can makes it a reward, instead of a penalty.

Bottom line: I'd rather live for today and forge my dreams than imprison myself with such nonsense nightmares.

EDIT:Fix'd
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:30:01 pm by Arakial »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: December 31, 2009, 03:42:29 pm »
Lord J: It's not always about syllables, it's about how it rolls off the tongue!!

Arakial:  I'd imagine most fear of death comes from going before you're ready, so to say.  I fear death at times, not cringing in my corner fear but a fear nontheless...it comes from not being ready instead of having nothing to live for.  Of course, I know nothing about the people you speak of, so...

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: December 31, 2009, 06:18:27 pm »
I agree with Shee.  I'm not afraid of death because I have nothing to live for.  Quite the contrary.  I don't want to die because I don't want to leave those I love behind, and because I have so much more I want to do with my life.  The concept is also daunting.  I know it is a natural part of life, but I will admit that I am a bit frightened to think about going from being living--which is all I've ever known--to being dead.  And death is physically painful, more often than not.  I've been on the brink of death more times than I would like to remember, and it was very painful and terrifying.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: December 31, 2009, 07:24:12 pm »
I myself do not fear death. I would also agree that it would be because you have things to leave behind is why one would fear it. Those that have nothing to live for seem more likely to just accept it and let it come when it does. But that's not why I don't fear it. I don't fear it because I know with my heart, mind, body and soul that I won't die, for a very, very long time. And that, my friends, is called true faith. Plus, what is death, but another part in the cycle of life. No one truly knows where we go, or even if we go anywhere. Thus, what happens after I die is not for me to worry about.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: December 31, 2009, 07:44:41 pm »

As far as death for me is concerned, I'm not afraid of death.

I'm afraid of dying (more specifically, slow and painfully).

If I'm going to die in the future, I would want the process to be swift as possible.

This is why I support active, consensual euthanasia for the terminally ill, vegetative, and extremely elderly.

Arakial

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: December 31, 2009, 11:23:59 pm »
I find it such a trivial, irrational fear assumed ironically by those who have nothing to live for.
Pah! This statement implies sufficiency, but not necessity. Come on, people! Since when did I say that only those with nothing to live for are afraid of death?

EDIT: But to satiate those who feel it is too ambiguous. This will work, yes?
I find it such a trivial, irrational fear often assumed ironically by those who have nothing to live for.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:29:35 pm by Arakial »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: January 01, 2010, 05:00:23 am »
I probably won't be able to see a good friend before I leave to go back to school on the 5th.  That really sucks.  :(  Curses to my school for having a weird schedule.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: January 01, 2010, 10:56:42 am »
I'm kind of frustrated that I didn't save my money up and spend it all on a decent Mac back about this time last year. Now that I've been through a year or so of figuring out how audio is handled in Windows and Linux, I've come to really appreciate what Apple's done with CoreAudio.

Also, it's pretty much impossible to order certain parts here without them disappearing in the mail. Namely motherboards. As a result, I'm using one I bought out of necessity from some little shop here, and it's given me more grief this last year or so than anything else. Replacing it is one of the first things I plan on doing when I get back stateside at the end of this year.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: January 01, 2010, 05:16:52 pm »
Also, it's pretty much impossible to order certain parts here without them disappearing in the mail.

That's a huge problem in the Philippines too.  My family would always strongly encourage people to never send anything (especially money or checks or anything expensive) through the mail and instead wait a few years until we were back in the US, but a lot of them would ignore us and send things that, of course, would be forever lost.  It was a huge frustration.

Sorry about the motherboard.  :/  I hope the wait before you fly to the US won't be too irritating.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:23:43 pm by Sajainta »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: January 02, 2010, 03:26:13 am »
Also, it's pretty much impossible to order certain parts here without them disappearing in the mail.

That's a huge problem in the Philippines too.  My family would always strongly encourage people to never send anything (especially money or checks or anything expensive) through the mail and instead wait a few years until we were back in the US, but a lot of them would ignore us and send things that, of course, would be forever lost.  It was a huge frustration.

Sorry about the motherboard.  :/  I hope the wait before you fly to the US won't be too irritating.

Three different motherboards, actually, and some other parts. I'm kind of stupid, so I keep trying when something doesn't work.

I'm just glad all of the personal stuff I've had shipped to me has gotten to me just fine.