Author Topic: How did you discover the chrono series?  (Read 5148 times)

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Does a time egg hatch a time bird?
    • View Profile
How did you discover the chrono series?
« on: March 22, 2007, 10:16:00 pm »
How did you find out about the chrono series? for me its very complicated, theres this Kingdom hearts sequal fan project (very cool mind you) that i knew of and one of the worlds in the sequal was gaurdia check out the pics here (some comparison pics too) http://www.the-mousehole.net/KHIH/MainMenu-Worlds-Guardia.html
Later i got bored and found the ROM of the game, i like many others fell in love with it, and eventually I bought chrono cross. So discuss how you got chrono in your lives.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you discover the chrono series?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:53 am »
Like... I don't wanna be annoying or anything, but this kind of thread has already been made, remade and re-remade like three thousand and a half times around here... Wouldn't it be simpler if you checked one of those (and, perhaps, resurrected it)?  :?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 01:17:08 am »
Well, err..I uh...Ramsus told me to play Chrono Trigger, saying it was a good game.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:21:09 pm »
Ditto to ZeaLitY, 'cept it was Faf who introduced me, not Ramsus.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 03:27:45 pm »
I honestly don't remember the details...I think it was mentioned to me by a friend when I lived in California...though I never got around to playing it then...I borrowed the PSX version from a friend when I moved to Colorado...it had time travel, which hooked me straight away...

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 04:38:09 pm »
My best friend played tons of old school SNES RPGs and Chrono Trigger was one of them. Nintendo Power also did a mini strategy guide on it.

So I'd say a combination of those two got me hooked.

klois

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 01:32:28 am »
I was a gamer since I was young, and I loved RPG's. So whenever I went to the video rental store, I would look for RPG's to play. One day I came upon this one and I rented it many times. I think I kept on getting to the part where you have to get Frog to slice through that mountain to go after Magus but I never knew thats what I had to do and then I had to return it to the rental store.

This past year I bought Chrono Cross. I've beaten it once and now I'm trying to get the many different endings.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:09:38 am »
I found a website in 2001 (give or take a year) that was devoted to preserving the memory of the Secret of Mana, a game that I had played years earlier and very much liked. That site had the roms for not only SoM, but the English version of SoM II and Chrono Trigger, both of which I downloaded because, if the site owner thought they were worthy of SoM, I wanted to play 'em.

Sadly, I didn't enjoy SoM II much at all. Too generic; all those multiple storylines detracted from the quality of the whole.

Chrono Trigger was another story. I tried playing it but couldn't stand the turn-based battle system. (SoM's battle engine puts battle on the main screen in real-time.) So I abandoned the game early in the story. But half a year later I picked it up, was enthralled, and played it straight through.

What a game!

I later learned of Chrono Cross, and finally of Radical Dreamers. Ultimately I tracked down roms for each, and played them both through.

ChronoKiD

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 08:27:18 am »
it was the year 1995, i was young and my imagination is still at its best.. i was the first one to have a super famicom (SNES) among my friends.. and the games i had were ranma, mario and of course.. street fighter.. not a real fan of RPG's back then.. but a friend of my mine keep insisting me play Chrono Trigger .. *what the hell is Chrono Trigger* yeah.. Final Fantasies are great.. but Chrono Trigger is much more cooler.. so.. went to my favorite computer shop, rent the game and for some reason.. that 1st time i played the game.. fell completely in love with it..

and now a decade has passed.. still got my cartridge of CT and my Super Famicom.. and i consider it as one of my prized collection.. along with my Michael Jordan Rookie Card.... sweeeeeet.... :D

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 08:32:14 am »
Hey, that's a pretty cool first post for the Compendium. Well done, you.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 12:09:20 pm »
I was 5 years old. I was into Final Fantasy like Kurt Cobain was into heroin. One day, after attempting to beat Final Fantasy yet again, my dad shows me the next game he was going to play, Chrono Trigger. I looked at it and said it was stupid. He popped it in and I was proved wrong. After watching him play for months, I finally got the chance to play.

It should be said, that I have never beaten Chrono Trigger.

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 11:25:39 pm »
Like... I don't wanna be annoying or anything, but this kind of thread has already been made, remade and re-remade like three thousand and a half times around here... Wouldn't it be simpler if you checked one of those (and, perhaps, resurrected it)?  :?
yeah, im dure going to go 200 pages back to find an old post that i dont care about

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 04:32:04 am »
Ah, but you do care about this subject. After all, you created a thread about it.

Korro

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 02:29:18 pm »
i said i didnt care about the post i care about the subject im just to lazy to look for an old post

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 04:26:59 pm »
yeah, im dure going to go 200 pages back to find an old post that i dont care about

Why would you do that when could just use the Search tool? You would only have to type a couple of words, and, what, click your mouse two times. In fact you would've had less work doing it than creating a new topic. Hell, less than half of the work Oo