Author Topic: Chrono Cross Resolutions Discussion  (Read 9250 times)

Crawler333

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Resolutions Discussion
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2006, 08:11:14 am »
According to your logic, the game should happen WHILE the journal is read (intro, game, ending). Is that what you think?

And what about all the game flashback scenes during the game credits, inserted BETWEEN the different footages of Schala in the modern city?

Hmm... I guess you didn't get the hang of it.In my logic, the game is shown between the intro and the ending because it's the explanation of the events the person in front of the portrait (whoever she is) is talking about.The same goes for the game flashbacks scenes during the game credits.On the other hand, here are the final quotes:

"Thus the curtain closes on another tale.

An eternity has passed...
   Fleeting dreams fade into the distance...
   All that is left now
   Is me and my memories...

But I'm sure we'll meet again,
   Someday, you and I...
   Another place, another time.

It's just that we might not realize
   That you are you and I am me...

Let us open the door to the great unknown,
   Come across another reality,
   And live another today...
   Even when the story has been told,
   Life goes on...

Until we meet again,
   Take care of yourself, my friend...

Forever yours,

Schala "Kid" Zeal

"I will find you...
   Even if I have to search the world over...

Sometime, somewhere...

I'm sure..."

These lines, even if visually "separated" by the credits, seems to fit into same sentence,and thus into the same cronological order.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 09:23:32 am »
Heck, the story may not even be in her journal, only the beginning and ending bit my have been in her journal, just different pages of her thoughts. When she says "Fleeting dreams fade into the distance, and all that is left now is me and my memories"
implies to me that she's thinking of Zeal.

Ofcourse, if this is Kid writing it, then its about her dreams of Serge, but it'd be weird that she has nothing left, except for her memories, when it's Schala who has nothing left.
I'd really like to see the japanese raw journal passage translated.

Crawler333

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 07:57:11 am »
Heck, the story may not even be in her journal, only the beginning and ending bit my have been in her journal, just different pages of her thoughts.

Well, this would mean that the intro has quite nothing to do with the events occuring in the game, which is, in my opinion a... let's say "unusual" narrative choice made by the authors.

When she says "Fleeting dreams fade into the distance, and all that is left now is me and my memories"
implies to me that she's thinking of Zeal.

If Schala is thinking of Zeal in this passage-and she's sitting comfortably on a chair as well-it means she has been freed already from the Time Devourer by Serge-if not she would be imprisoned in the Tesseract or whathever you call it, and could not be possibly write or do anything.About her knowledge of the events occurred, I really can't see what's the point.If she could have cloned herself, heard Serge's cry across space and time,create a magnetic storm to interrupt FATE's circuit and finally merge together two realities (!!!) I don't see why she couldn't have be witness of CC's events even if she wasn't physically there.We're talking about an entity which stands beyond space time, powerful enough to devour time itself and Schala -that's my theory- it's the "good" counterpart of this being,thus sharing some of its powers.Of course, there's no proof or evidence about my statements-but that's no big new.