Author Topic: Changing dialogue in CT (Snes)  (Read 2876 times)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Changing dialogue in CT (Snes)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 09:23:54 pm »
As Vehek said.  There's a little button that says "Find Text" or Dialogue or w/e and it'll just throw you into the area with the text.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 02:08:16 am »
You mean I gotta search my way through all that code and whatever for the pieces that are dialogue?

Its really not as hard as you're making it out to be, and producing a decent ROM hack will require at least a little more effort than you seem to have put into this whole affair so far.

But that said, I've never marketed my program to beginning level hackers.  If Temporal Flux seems too complex for your current understanding of SNES ROMs, I definitely recommend looking for a simpler solution elsewhere as Flux will only frustrate you.

Jeez, why didn't somebody just make a simple text editor...

Because "simple text editors" are very limited in scope and functionality.  Ask anyone who used the 1.x versions of Flux.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 03:34:27 am »
So you made TF? Well even if I don't really understand the program, a lot of kudos to you then  :) I feel better today so I'll put my mind to it again.

And while I'm going around asking questions, as I was fucking around with the program I noticed you can edit world maps with it, including 1999 AD. Now here the crucial question: Is it possible to create a full working 1999 AD world map? With teleports and everything. Or is there no space for that on the rom?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 08:57:14 am »
Yes, you can.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 09:02:25 am »
So how do ya switch between layers? Cause when I click a piece of land it ends up as some sort of tree thingie

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 01:47:03 pm »
Making Chrono Talk isn't a translation project......it would most certainly involve changing the events of the game so you will have to open up the "location events" of the place you want to edit and redirect code to make Chrono Talk.  Most location events where a "random character" (for example whoever the second person in your party is) talks simply jumps to the next character if Chrono is in your party you would have to change that "jump".

Plus as stated before this doesn't sound like a simple 1 to 1 translatino it sounds like you'd be adding new dialogue.  So you would have to tell the events when to use your new dialogue.

Sorry for going back to the old topic when you had changed it to 1999 AD

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 06:11:14 pm »
Ctrl + 1 Removes Layer 1
Ctrl + 2 Removes Layer 2

Disable 1 Layer to work on the next.  Vice Versa