Author Topic: Chrono Trigger + demo test (dead)  (Read 6804 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger + demo test (dead)
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:17:46 am »
1.19 private beta
-----------------
There is no point of playing after the Heckran Caves, when you get this far - stop. (If you continue, you will gain levels and defeat the purpose of testing the updated enemies in areas before they are updated.) (Actually, the game may freeze at this point anyways due to a glitch I haven't fixed yet. >_O

Due to my job, I didn't get as far as inputting ALL the chapters up to The Village of Magic but here's the lowdown:

Dialouge: ( Some of the chapter names have been slighly altered)
Millennial Fair      - 99% complete
The Queen Returns      - 95%
The Queen Disappears   - 92%
We're Home!         - 94%
The Trial         - 95% (need to do anims and add a few more dialouge stings)
The Ruined World      - 90% (need to do anims on cuts)
The Factory Ruins      - 60% (do R-Series and Proto Dome parts)
The End of Time      - 99%
The Village of Magic   - 35% (need to do Medina and Melchiors Villa)

Next month's beta will be much farther than this. (should be able to get ALL the chapters added by then seeing as I'll have more time.) I am not going to bother adding any new areas in any of the releases yet (they are sooooo barren and glitch ridden right now there's no point) However, seeing as all my time is diverted from maps/map scripts to storyline, it shouldn't take long for me to get all the storyline stuff added. I just play through the game and do every location at a time. What I'll do is update all the strings that have been modified for now (which is a majority of the dialouge anyways), then go back and add the new lines/animations.

Also, in some cases I *DID* add new lines of dialouge; in many of these cases I haven't put all of the animations in yet, so some extended scenes are not complete yet. (adding animations is a pain in the ass, because the anims are numbered in Hexedecimal and there's no way to tell which one is which. So it takes forever to do. Will be added soon though.)

notes-

You now have to somewhat power-level (train) before each major boss.
I did each boss at the lowest and most insane levels.

Yakra; fought at level 7, most anything before this owns you.
Manoria Cathedral training spot:
After you hit the two skull switches and lower the spikes in the central room
with 3 Henchmen and 2 Diablos you can leave through the south door and renter this
room and fight this battle repeatedly. It is by far the best place to train as
there is a save-point near you the whole time and you can just use a shelter
whenever.

Dragon Tank; 11

Guardian; 13
Train in the Lab 16 Ruins near the Arris Dome exit, there will be mutants here.

R Series; 14

Heckran; 25 (I did it at level 13 to make sure very low levels could still do it.)
If you can beat the R Series then you can beat Heckran, just Atipode with
Marle/Lucca and Have Crono use Lightning, Aura Whirl when neccessary.

Also, normally I can get to Heckran in about 2 and a half hours (and that is
with some time to training included, plus I take my time in games), the time it
took me after modfiying monsters was: 4 hours, 19 minutes!
With the battled rebalanced alone, I estimate that the final version will
take about 15 hours longer to play through the entire game.
(this estimated time includes all the new storyline stuff/new dungeons to be added/old
dungeons & areas to be upgraded)

PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you the beta test... -- anyone able to read this text is able to test the beta... so don't be shy PM me!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 10:01:15 pm by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger + beta test
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:49:49 am »
Okay, so...I'm not seeing anything different. I followed the patching directions to the letter, but I still see nothing different. I'm going to try another copy of the ROM and patch it again...I'll follow up with a full review of the beta once I get it to work...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:58:36 am »
Did you expand the ROM? Also, what is the date on the file of the ROM you are using? The ips may be really evil and have to be the exact ROM and I may have some obscure version. O_o

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:00:04 am »
Oh yes, make sure you save after you expand the ROM. The file should be 6,000K or something.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 02:01:39 am »
Oops. My bad. I f***ked up the ips process.  :oops:
Ill send you the REAL version now.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 02:04:56 am »
Oh yes, make sure you save after you expand the ROM. The file should be 6,000K or something.
Hmm...I have been saving but it's not shown itself expanded at all, even though reopening it in Temporal Flux shows that it is...

I'll e-mail you a copy of the ROM I've been copying everywhere. For every other thing I've ever tried to patch it with it works perfectly but this just isn't working...odd...

EDIT DURING POSTING: Damn do I love that warning of a new reply posted while I'm posting...understood. Just discard the e-mail you get from me then if you got it, assuming I didn't cancel in time.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:07:57 am »
Should appear, apparently it's alot more work than it has to be.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 02:16:39 am »
Okay, it works now.

GASP! Words are not exactly as I wrote them! But no surprise there, since you said you had to change stuff around a bit. Anyway, as I said, full review pending my full playthrough.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:19:32 am »
Okay, it works now.

GASP! Words are not exactly as I wrote them! But no surprise there, since you said you had to change stuff around a bit. Anyway, as I said, full review pending my full playthrough.

Yeah. It is a pain to get everything is perfectly for the moment. Though when TF gets upgraded, I will go back and finish everything.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 02:23:02 am »
Aye. I should have realized that from the start...my script is just a bit TOO wordy at the moment for it. A shame...ah well.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 02:28:25 am »
Yeah, I didn't realise that until I started to put it in. We still will be able to get all of it in, I'd rather get the basics of all chapters done first, then go back and flesh them out. (one of the reasons for this is TF has a bug where if you make alot of changes, it corrupts areas elsewhere -- even though there is plenty of free space)

Also, the test should take about 3-5 hours, depending on how much time you spend training (good luck with some parts) MWA HA HA HA! (just kidding)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 02:30:02 am by Zakyrus »

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 02:35:19 am »
Yeah, I didn't realise that until I started to put it in. We still will be able to get all of it in, I'd rather get the basics of all chapters done first, then go back and flesh them out. (one of the reasons for this is TF has a bug where if you make alot of changes, it corrupts areas elsewhere -- even though there is plenty of free space)

Also, the test should take about 3-5 hours, depending on how much time you spend training (good luck with some parts) MWA HA HA HA! (just kidding)
Ah, okay. That explains why some lines are there, others aren't, and still others are kinda there except they're different.

Anyway, I'm not going to worry about the script being exactly what I wrote right now, since this is a test beta anyway.

Speaking of testing, I noticed an error straight away: when you try to sell the pendant to Melchior, it just gives me two dialogue boxes of random bits of text.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 02:37:17 am »
Yeah, I noticed alot of errors when I ran through it. Don't bother posting any text errors for now, the will be fixed when I can figure out how to format everything in the windows better.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 03:13:54 am »
I'm liking how you tossed in some random musical effects, like Frog's theme running when he shows up, or the "Huh?!" music when Marle reveals she's Marle and not Leene...though we might need to alter how we present that to not make it look idiotic, since I laughed when I heard it.

Speaking of Frog...he keeps varying between Shakespear-esque dialogue and my version and it amuses me...I know it's due to the way you input the lines but it's still funny...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 03:27:52 am »
Yeah, I thought that was funny when I ran through the game.  :D

As for musical & sound stuff.... oh yeah, I tried to add alot more special effects in places (mostly later in the game...which is not finished yet)