Author Topic: Noob editing questions  (Read 7272 times)

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Noob editing questions
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2007, 04:41:53 am »
Treasure editing is new to TF 2.50/2.55.  After opening Locations, select Map -> Treasure to turn on the Treasure view.  Then use Window -> Location -> Treasure to open the editor window.  From there it's very similar to working with exits.  You can use Map -> Decode All Treasure to create a text file with a summary of all the chests and where they are in the game.  Yes, you can add them to any location, and the limit for one location is 0x80.

Check this for more technical info:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=1900.0

That will give you an idea of how many you can add, and you can also use that extra space for story flags.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:46:14 am by JLukas »

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 04:50:44 am »
Sorry, my brain's a little fuzzy what does 0x80 mean? So they the treasure editor handles everything automatically? (I never played around with this yet) Oh yeah, has anyone figured out how to make a monster be able to have 65,535 hp? I know they are able to have this amount, however the monster dies in battle instantly after one turn. :/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:03:19 am by Zakyrus »

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 09:03:12 am »
Also, how does the treasure work in TF? Can I just add treasure to as many (figure of speech) locations as I want? How does this work?

Flux should dynamically relocate treasure data if you add more treasure than will fit in its current space.

---T.Geiger

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2007, 12:04:22 pm »
Also, how does the treasure work in TF? Can I just add treasure to as many (figure of speech) locations as I want? How does this work?

Flux should dynamically relocate treasure data if you add more treasure than will fit in its current space.

---T.Geiger

I figured as much but needed my brain to hear it in plain English. Thanks Geiger.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2007, 04:32:13 pm »
Can someone give me a rundown of how the Sprite Priority works? Like which settings make which layers (1,2, & 3) layered over/under the PC's. Also, what do the byte values do? Thanks.

EDIT:
Also, is it possible to scale a monster's HP and stats by changing the memory values by using events?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:52:08 pm by Zakyrus »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 03:18:26 pm »
Can someone give me a rundown of how the Sprite Priority works? Like which settings make which layers (1,2, & 3) layered over/under the PC's. Also, what do the byte values do? Thanks.

Upper priority is for the upper part of the sprite's body and the lower priority for the lower part. It's useful sometimes to "create" new sprites, for instance you can hide part of the tombstone sprite to turn the rest of it into a simple stone tablet like in the Crimson Echoes demo. It's useful also to animate your characters while they're in bed (that's just a random example >_> ).

I have no precise idea what the Bits are for individually but if you turn them all on, it will make the sprite appear "under" other sprites (useful for instance for the Gate sprites, so that your characters don't appear "behind" the Gate). That's all I know about this command.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:20:33 pm by Chrono'99 »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2007, 11:47:01 pm »
Here's an example of the monster stat scaling with events.

Comparison (if mem_val1 = 1)
X monster's HP value = 5000
X monster's attack value = 150
X monster's defense value = 150
...etc
else
X monster's HP value = 500
X monster's attack value = 50
X monster's defense value = 50
...etc

EDIT:
I know the enemy stats are uncompressed but I don't know the list of values.
The only thing that I need is a list of the memory locations of all the enemy stats. If anyone has this, please send me a copy!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:41:30 am by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 02:25:09 pm »
Ok.

I have a question.

If the value for a Nu's HP is D2 04, contained in $C4700. (found in the monsterbytes)

Where is the memory value for the enemy's HP stored? I want to change the HP dynamically depending on the PC's level. I have the calculation done but need the particular monster's HP to get it working. If I can pull this off, I can have bosses that get tougher with your level.

When I mean memory value, I mean something like 7F0242 that has to be holding that monster type's HP before battle.

Also, say I want to replace the song "Dungeon Drip Noise" with "Dungeon Ambience" from RD. Can someone give me some advice on doing so? I am a little fuzzy on the details of the importing SPCs tutorial. Probably because I don't have Microsoft Word.  :x

EDIT:
I don't want to put the song in unused space, I want to completely replace it. If possible.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:17:41 pm by Zakyrus »

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 05:59:09 pm »
I do not know where mob stats are stored offhand, but you will not be able to edit them with events, as events pause while battle mode is engaged and the stats are not loaded until battle mode starts.  This last portion is one of the reasons why the PSX version has such a long load time at the start of battles.

---T.Geiger

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 08:16:01 am »
Ok, someone help me understand this, because I am braindead.

If using SNESPal
What is the memory address to location map pallete 1B? (Truce Canyon's pallete)

Then... how would I find say.... location map pallete 59? Which is completely black.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 11:45:12 pm »
Palette Index * $D2 + $3624C0

If Truce Canyon is 1B, then * $D2 = $1626, add $3624C0 and you get $363AE6

To make it even easier I'll add a breakpoint to the sticky thread.

Also remember that it's "7 palettes per set, 15 colors per palette"  Take $D2 / 7 and that equals $1E.  That info should come in handy for SNESpal.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 05:36:02 pm »
Palette Index * $D2 + $3624C0

If Truce Canyon is 1B, then * $D2 = $1626, add $3624C0 and you get $363AE6

To make it even easier I'll add a breakpoint to the sticky thread.

Also remember that it's "7 palettes per set, 15 colors per palette"  Take $D2 / 7 and that equals $1E.  That info should come in handy for SNESpal.

Thanks. I understand now. I'll work with it later after I get some of my other stuff complete.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 03:10:00 am »
Well, it's been a while since I've use this forum.

I would like to make all menu settings carry over on NewGame+
Things like window color, text speed, button config, etc. I've been able to use the memory assignment to change them to what I want, but is there any way to recover the data from a previous game?