Author Topic: Crimson Echoes plothole discussion  (Read 6502 times)

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Crimson Echoes plothole discussion
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:09 pm »
So this has bothered me with the whole "time travelers immunity" thing. When Crono, Glenn, and Magus get back to stop King Zeal, the Reptite Timeline is avoided but the party is still sent through portals by King Zeal.

So obviously, another version of Crono, Glenn, and Magus are sent, thus creating two sets of them due to time travelers immunity. Can anyone say "Plot Hole"!

I know the CE team obviously missed this little mistake, just like how you guys forgot that destroying the Dragon Tooth, failed to solve Chronopolis' energy problem, forcing you to fix that in a sort of corny way, even though it was completely destroyed along with Sorin (even if Chronopolis reconstructed it, that's kind of stretching it...).

So, care to comment on how this could be resolved without the entity/planet negating the other party. Imagine them being abandoned and having to live out their lives and die knowing they can never get back, always wondering what could have been and happend to the timeline...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:02:53 am by Chrono'99 »

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Also if you guys realized this plot hole before the C&D, what would you have done to rectify it?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Delayed Time Bastard I guess haha.

While the plot originally said "destroyed" the dragon tooth I don't think we ever say it in game. I just always thought he protected it from the frozen flame...sort of sacrificed himself.

--JP

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Actually, one solution I could think of is:

Crono, Glenn, and Magus could have sacrificed themselves when they got back, out of necessity to stop King Zeal, and the other Crono, Glenn, and Magus would have just returned to Chronopolis, with Sorin somehow surviving (rebuilt by Chronopolis?) to explain the whole Reptite Timeline occurrence to everyone. But that may have been a bit much or not, do you agree?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:11:25 pm by legaiaflame »

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I mean since Marle died in the Reptite Timeline, Crono and team dying would sort of equal everything out, since there would have been another set of them anyway...

How else could you guys have fixed this? What are your thoughts/ideas?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:13:11 pm by legaiaflame »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Time bastard is an almost obsessively researched theory:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Principles_of_Time_and_Dimensional_Travel.html (just search for time bastard it's pretty far down there)

I have no qualms with blaming it on that. The delay is kind of weird though. I guess if I could go back I would have CMG be transported to reptiteland FIRST, then CMG (2) be brought back to the atash kedah after CMG (1) were sent away but before the dragon tooth got sent away.  This would time bastard CMG (1) and I guess fix everything......I think haha.  

Like I said in another thread I think it's pretty much impossible to make a time travel game w/o holes.  But I guess this is a pretty major one that could have been pretty easily fixed.

--JP

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
A plot hole? I don't see how this causes a plot hole. The CMG sent to 1,005 AD would find themselves in the restored time line, probably wondering what exactly King Zeal changed, since everything is still the same (to them), and then TB would claim them at the time the other CMG who did ended up in the reptite time line time traveled back to prehistory.

It's that simple. Unless not knowing the terms, thinking it's a plot hole is very hard to come as conclusion.

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Ha! Yeah I guess you're right. Looking forward to the rest of the game!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
A plot hole? I don't see how this causes a plot hole. The CMG sent to 1,005 AD would find themselves in the restored time line, probably wondering what exactly King Zeal changed, since everything is still the same (to them), and then TB would claim them at the time the other CMG who did ended up in the reptite time line time traveled back to prehistory.

It's that simple. Unless not knowing the terms, thinking it's a plot hole is very hard to come as conclusion.

QFT

I don't see what the problem was, except the Dragon Tooth thing, but that's being discussed in the Ch12 thread.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Well the whole point of TB is conservation of mass and such. We show two CMG's at the same time.    That's why I wish we would have just teleported CMG to reptiteland => CMG(2) come in (thus Time bastarding) CMG (1)  => Sorin kills dragon tooth.

--JP

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile

The problem is there "are" two versions of CMG!! After stoping King Zeal, the current CMG went back to Chronopolis, while the other CMG were still sent into a portal by King Zeal!

Care to explain to him JP? Well nvr mind...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
The CMG sent to 1,005 AD would find themselves in the restored time line, probably wondering what exactly King Zeal changed, since everything is still the same (to them), and then TB would claim them at the time the other CMG who did ended up in the reptite time line time traveled back to prehistory.

He is right.

First: they are transported to 1,005.  Then X amount of time after their arrival (which is exqual to the exact amount of time they spent in the reptite timeline), they get TB'd, which consists of the restored versions of themselves being sent to the DBT, and the reptite versions of themselves appearing at King Zeal.

If you want to point out a plothole, however, you would want to know what CMG in the restored timeline did in 1005 BEFORE they got TB'd.

legaiaflame

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
TB, is pretty cruel to think...you believe to be the true version of yourself, then you are taken to the darkness beyond time and god knows what happens there?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
What's the difference between this and using the Time Egg to save Chrono in CT? You can have two versions of the character and not have a problem.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
TB, is pretty cruel to think...you believe to be the true version of yourself, then you are taken to the darkness beyond time and god knows what happens there?

heh.. just dont tell them they're gonna disappear =D, and you wont have to worry about whinning or crying or anything =D