Author Topic: CT modding hardships (exits and music)  (Read 2366 times)

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
CT modding hardships (exits and music)
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:14:35 pm »
So, using TF 2.00, I've created a new building directly below the Zenan bridge. To pass through from Guardia to Porre, you have to enter the building and purchase a visitors visa (well, thats the plan. It's only partially implimented so you can walk through without talking to the visa NPC). The problem I'm having is that the overworld exit to the building works just fine from guardias side, but I can't seem to get the one on Porre's side to work at all. Is there a problem with having two exits next to each other?

Myother question is one I'm sure has been asked many times but I can't seem to find mentioned anywhere. Is there any way to replace an song with an imported SPC, and if so, how would it be done and what are the limitations to consider (filesize, etc)?

EDIT: Because it never hurts to be more specific.

The music I would like to import comes from Radical Dreamers. I remember reading that FF6 music tends to be compatible with chronotrigger, is RD music? And if not, is there a way to go about (yuck) manually editing CT music?

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 09:14:50 pm »
1. OW Exit - it sounds like you don't have the exit bit set for the tile:

FAQ click here

2.  Music editing - I don't know if RD is compatible or not.  Importing SPCs will have to be done manually in a hex editor.  In summary, you want to do this:

Grab the Offsets Guide from Geiger's Crypt
Place your imported SPC in an UNUSED SPACE area
Change an SPC pointer to point to the new song
Change the instruments to what the new song uses
...and there might be something else.
Geiger made a patch "Spooky West" (also on the same link above) that you might want to study the differences of to get an idea of how to do it.

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 09:27:35 pm »
Ahh, I missed that part of the FAQ. I missed that on the first exit because I was replacing an exit already in use. Thanks.

Also, thanks for the music info. I'm not sure if it'll help me yet, but it definately gives me something to look at.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 09:10:13 am »
I was wondering about the overworld music for aquite awhile now...Cool anyways, Thanks for the info.