Author Topic: Tech Editor - Period  (Read 23677 times)

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Editor - Period
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2008, 04:16:34 pm »
My pc is on the fritz or something cuz i couldn't edit my post... sorry.
As for TE-P

I'll have to look for a step by step tut in order to figure out how to use this. I can't seem to understand the relationship between TE-P and the various tech info pages here...

Also, is this the right TE-P? I got it from post 1 of this topic... And it doesn't look like the picture in post 1 (Mine doesn't seem to have a open unheadered rom option...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2008, 04:51:30 am »
good point :)  added.

Enjoy it, i'm stopped updating it to focus on CE but you can expect any revelations you find to be supported at SOME point in the future ;)

--JP

EDIT:  Here's a tutorial......I'll add it to the front page too haha. 

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=5379.0

Those pictures are from Version 1, definitely outdated.  Read through the tutorial I made it pretty thorough and if you have any problems let me know.  If you are trying to make the simple animation changes that were mentioned in the "ideas" thread it should be decently simple.  Look for the "animation" tree node. 

The tricky part is figuring out what the objects are but hopefully that's more clear after reading the tutorial.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:58:23 am by jsondag2 »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2008, 07:00:22 pm »
Not sure if it's been recorded here before, but just wanted to report that the first header byte of a tech does *not* control the Element of the attack, although it *does* seem to have bearing on the color an enemy flashes when struck with the Element. I was having problems changing Magus' Ice 2 into a whirlpool effect graphically in terms of proper placement on the screen, and I used his header byte from Dark Bomb. The resulting effect makes enemies flash black, but it's still a Water elemental.

EDIT: Also, I recall that I promised to upload a patch or something for the Doom Blaze and Curse techs. I've got them here, plus a few more goodies in Magus' repertoire.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:45:51 am by FaustWolf »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2008, 07:52:43 pm »
Back in October, I posted something that apparently controlled the element of the attack. The enemy one probably should be confirmed though.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2008, 08:07:25 pm »
I see now:

Quote from: Vehek
Over in the 8th character topic, I posted a command the game uses to find what PC grouping a attack/tech falls under. It looks like element is in nearby data.
$C1/D6A4 BF EE 1B CC LDA $CC1BEE,x (x is attack/tech index * 0B)
I'm going to try to find how enemy attacks are determined.

edit-
I noticed that for PCs, it stored the value it got to 7EB190, and I used that to find the command for enemy techs.
$FD/AAF6 BF CC 6F CC LDA $CC6FCC,x
(x is same as before)

Does the BF EE 1B CC LDA $CC1BEE code refer to the Elemental determination then?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2008, 08:25:24 pm »
FW i added that unheadered patch to the front page so people can see it more prominantly.

As a bit of an update to you guys I dabbled in the TFPA and it is definitely going to be enough for our needs :) The only real hold up I had was a silly error by me which Geiger help me with.  I'll probably make a tutorial it definitely requires a bit of programming knowledge but nothing I can't handle  8).  It's incredibly well documented and lets me put some cooler stuff in.....for example the first plugin i'll make is probably a shop editor.  For the like...4 of you that played with the shop editor i made you'll remember you had to have a txt file that the editor read the shops from cause I was to lazy to read them from the rom.  This was annoying cause if you changed the name of the items in the rom you had to manually change it in the txt file.  But being a plugin for TF I have access to the items name right away.

Anyways that was a bit of a rant.  Elemental determination would be a pretty big thorn out of my side if you guys can figure out where it's coming from.  It seems unlikely that it is more than one byte.

--JP

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2008, 05:22:52 pm »
PAR code C145A600 will load the enemy 7 byte tech data sets instead of the PC 7 byte sets.  Add 7EAE93xx where xx is the enemy tech index.  7EAE93B4 will allow PCs to use Zeal's Hallation/HP goes to 1 tech, for example.  However, at the moment this doesn't change the damage or target, which is somewhere else in the tech structure. 

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2008, 10:37:50 pm »
Oh, cool stuff!

We've actually found the "properties" for enemy techs IIRC.  I actually thought this got added in the TechEditor executable?  I can check when I go home.  Vehek found them either in this thread or the EnemyAI thread.

--JP

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2008, 05:24:58 am »
C145A600
7EAE93B4
CC1BFE0E
CC1ACD08
CC1ACE00

Fully working Hallation tech when Crono uses Cyclone.  The benefit was finding out where the data is loaded for PCs vs. enemies.  In this case, the special formula for the attack:

Special formula index (ex: set HP to 1)
PC Tech index * 0B + 0C1BF3
Enemy Tech index *0B + 0C6FD1

The special formula index is multiplied by 3 and used to read 3 byte data sets starting 0C2A05.  First byte is the routines index, second byte success chance, and third byte unknown.

0C6FC9:0C7AC8 is enemy data sets that are 11 bytes each, and there's 256 total.  Byte 4 is what Vehek described as element earlier*.  Byte 9 is the special formula index byte.

*Byte 3 and Byte 4 are loaded together, and this may be target related instead of element, at least for enemies.  Something isn't matching up correctly with the target bytes.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2008, 09:22:11 am »
Wow!  That's amazing JLukas!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2008, 05:20:40 pm »
JLukas, I wanted to post this before but the encyclopedia had a hiccup.  Are the 11 bytes possible the "Tech Properties" for enemy Techs (Note that I have them as 12 bytes for the PC, maybe i'm wrong?)?

http://www.chronocompendium.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tech_Data_Notes#Tech_Properties

--JP

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cA9uHij6E - Lucca +  Robo..Lol
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=xAqFiRIOXLQ
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=6UEW-JccUec

This is what happens when you disable one code and try out techs.  It's rather hilarious at times.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2008, 07:50:19 pm »
Gotta love the Naga-Ette stomp. Nice work justin.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2008, 07:52:44 pm »
Are the 11 bytes possible the "Tech Properties" for enemy Techs (Note that I have them as 12 bytes for the PC, maybe i'm wrong?)?

There's the 11 byte sets at 0C6FC9:0C7AC8 (256 total), followed by the 12 byte sets starting 0C7AC9 (also 256 total)

This format also appears to hold true for the PCs (11 byte sets followed by 12 byte sets)  The exact range for PC 11 byte sets is still unknown.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2008, 08:13:21 pm »
Hm....so perhaps these mysterious 11 byte sets hold the key for the elemental data?  You mentioned that target is within the 11 byte sets though.  Currently we load the data from C1ACD
 and onward (2 bytes each) for that. 

--JP

EDIT:  Note i'm not disproving your statement earlier cause obviously enemies could be different just pointing out the 11 bytes must be different for PC techs and enemy techs