Author Topic: Hard Beta Testing Begins! All Report!  (Read 1992 times)

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Re: Hard Beta Testing Begins! All Report!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 05:23:58 pm »
Things seems to be going ok while i have been away form my own computer for the past week. hopefully i'll be on tomorrow night, if not i will be on Saturday :D i'm having fun, and i'll post some pictures of my trip up when i get home. :D have fun continuing this beta testing.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 03:53:42 am »
I'm having to do my contribution after the release, unfortunately, but there are still plenty of kinks that need to be worked out.  In terms of software errors, there are:

1) In the Porre military base, Crono's head goes under the counter in the corner connecting the stairs and the kitchen.
2) On the 12,000 B.C. world map, Magus goes under one of the ice structures between the crater and the village system.
3) In Sargon's house, Magus goes right over the top of his desk.
4) When Magus and Dalton are arguing, Magus keeps on doing his drum major salute thing long after the "Prepare yourself!" line.
5) Right before he gets to Dalton, his head goes under a tile of snow.
6) At the battleground where he fights the Golem Boss, it's possible to enter the walkway just to the left of the entrance; it doesn't look like this was intended to happen.
7) Four tiles in a row are off-kilter at the upper right corner of the initial Beast Forest room.  The lower-right corner also has oddly done tiling between the tree and the cliff.
8) Typo on the Elder's gravestone.  I really don't see how it got past the beta stage.
9) Dalton's hideout should be signified on the world map as a location.  If Magus can see it, we need to be able to see it, or to at least know where it is from a bird's-eye perspective.
10) Where'd the music for the Coliseum fights come from?
11) In the Porre camp, after stealing the guy's uniform, Crono and Lucca have trouble following Marle.
12) Regarding Singing Mountain, JESUS CHRIST MY FUCKING EYES.  I'd appreciate a tile that doesn't blind me.

Gameplay-wise, there's the Magus level-up glitch, but that's been reported.  The only major improvement I can think of is that dying in the Coliseum shouldn't trigger a Game Over.  It's a government-sanctioned facility which has to conform to certain laws and regulations; there are bound to be EMTs, paramedics, and doctors standing by for emergencies.  The team should just appear fully healed in the main lobby with a "ha ha, you lost" or "tough break, train harder and try again" message from the receptionist.  Also, there are random powerful weapons scattered around. 

From a plot standpoint, I like the reversal you pulled on the Chronopolis and Magus chapters.  But it isn't explained how Dalton miraculously came back from limbo, or why he's even there at that point in the plot; Magus was supposed to be searching for Schala.  Also, there isn't any need to have Sorin go to the future.  It's enough to simply have him be able to start a war because the team left and wasn't there to prevent it; having him tag along is just an extra hoop to jump through, and one that'll get in the way in the long run.

Also, I'm kinda stuck.  I just got back from Singing Mountain with Ayla, and I can't get back to the Epoch for the life of me; it's still over there.  Was I supposed to go to Dactyl Nest first, or what?

Edit: One possibility for renaming something would be with Magus; at one point, whenever he's ready to go on his psyche-changing sidequest, when he gets back we could have the name menu pop up again, with the default name being Janus and a new character portrait to signify it.  He's never going to be completely redeemed for what he did, no matter what volume of good works he manages to pull off in his life, but that doesn't stop him from shifting worldviews.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:38:19 pm by Hadriel »

Janus Zeal

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 01:56:14 pm »
One possibility for renaming something would be with Magus; at one point, whenever he's ready to go on his psyche-changing sidequest, when he gets back we could have the name menu pop up again, with the default name being Janus and a new character portrait to signify it.  He's never going to be completely redeemed for what he did, no matter what volume of good works he manages to pull off in his life, but that doesn't stop him from shifting worldviews.

Agreed. Magus is a title, not his name. At this point he is no longer the dark warlord we all knew and loved.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 02:03:03 pm »
Personnally, I would say he's no longer the young jerk Janus either... but Lucca's letter in CC does mention "Janus", not Magus or Magil (aha, that one would have been cool), so I guess it's a good and logical idea.

EDIT: I'm not sure changing his portrait is possible though.