Author Topic: Searching for info about the Radical Dreamers endings.  (Read 1111 times)

ReyVGM

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Searching for info about the Radical Dreamers endings.
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:04:51 pm »
Hey guys.

6 years ago, I was supposed to record all the Radical Dreamers endings. Radical_R gave me save states at the end of each chapter so I could do it quickly. But disaster struck and a hard drive crash eradicated all my work and my enthusiasm.

But now I'm willing to come back and do it again. However, I've learned (through wikipedia basically) that the game has multiple endings depending on Kid & Serge's relationship? What? And that the first chapter has 3 endings too?

Can anybody explain to me how many endings/variations are there per chapter? I checked the script dump on this site and I don't necessarily see any variations or different endings in the first chapter. Although, that could be due to how the script dump is structured, as in, not in order.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out with information related to the endings!

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for info about the Radical Dreamers endings.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »
Guess you have already read this page?
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Radical_Dreamers_Condensed_Plot_Summary.html

And if it doesn't help your question:

Spoilers*-

Le Trésor Interdit
2-3 endings - the major one and the one if you let Lynx kill Kid. I forgot whether Serge can die and cause a new ending, though (I'm not talking about the common game over).

Magil: Caught Between Love and Adventure
1 ending

Kid and the Sunflower
3 endings - Serge saves Kid, Serge kills Kid or Serge gets killed by Kid.

SuperXtreme Alphacosmos Police Case EX Ultra
1 ending

Homecoming: Shea's Light
1 ending

The Enigmatic Gigaweapon: Paradise X
1 ending

The Shadow Realm and the Goddess of Death
2 endings, Serge continues his adventure alone or he goes with Kid.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:20:26 pm by utunnels »

ReyVGM

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:31:04 pm »
Thanks, that helps a lot.

However, could you tell me what are the conditions to trigger the alternative endings on the 1st, 3rd and 7th scenario?

From what I remember, in the 3rd one, I think you just get the 3 selections and depending what you pick, you'll get a different endings. But what about the other two scenarios?

Licawolf

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • tempus edax rerum
    • View Profile
    • DA account
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »
In the 1st it depends on the love points, a value higher than 40 will trigger an ending and a value below this will trigger another (check the love/point system section in the compendium encyclopedia for more detailed info on this). Serge gets captured by Lynx, in one ending Kid hands over the Chrono Trigger to save him, in the other she holds on to it. I haven't seen the ending in which Lynx kills Kid in the first scenario, but I guess that one depends on your choices during the final battle.

In the 3rd scenario, the ending depends on the combination of choices you make during the final battle against the mandora monster. The one I found the most difficult to get was the one in which Serge gets stabbed because I couldn't get Kid to steal my knife (this video helped me on that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Z3alH4KOc )

In the 7th scenario it depends on the love points too, a value higher than 57 will trigger the ending in which serge goes with Kid and a value below this will trigger the one in which he goes alone.

EDIT: Added more complete info!  :o
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:55:16 am by Licawolf »

ReyVGM

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:09:41 pm »
I see.That's great Licawolf, thanks a lot!