Author Topic: Magic Tabs and Power Tabs, wo shall use them?  (Read 1075 times)

Dorean

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Magic Tabs and Power Tabs, wo shall use them?
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:58:24 pm »
hello :)

i just got magus for my group now, and i got about 5 power and 9 magic tabs at storage.

my dream team will be chrono-magus and robo ( for some group heal action ).

but im thinking about who will get all the power and magic tabs, chrono already speed tab caped at 16.

anyone can give me the best solution? i think thanks to the -75% mp cost item ill use much magic on chrono maybe magus, depends on who will do the most dmg later on ( just got magus fresh ). Or Maybe its better to give them robo for better heals to refresh the later on 999 hps?
Power Tabs i realy dont know... magus is using magic mainly, maybe they are usefull for chrono?

thanks for any sugestion, and sorry for my bad english :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Tabs and Power Tabs, wo shall use them?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »
I have always saved all of my tabs (besides speed tabs) and dumped on Magus once I get him. That way he is a powerhouse, or at least one capable of putting up a good fight. I normally used Crono, Robo, and Magus. Crono for magic and combat, Robo for combat and healing, and Magus for combat and magic.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:34 pm »
Power tabs are excellent on Magus, especially considering how much the benefit is multiplied by his ultimate scythe.  Crono and Robo cap at their max strength naturally before Magus anyway.  Magic tabs are good for either Crono or Robo, but I'd go with Robo for the enhanced healing.

'Course, if it were me, I'd be using Frog instead of Robo and be dumping all of my magic tabs into him instead.  Heal has a cheaper MP cost than Robo's Heal Beam.  Works out much more efficiently at higher levels.  Robo caps Strength, Stamina, and HP way too early.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:08:35 pm »
I always leave all magic tabs to Crono. Luminaire, you know. :wink:

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:24:54 pm »
Personally, I'd put the Power Tabs on Magus; he doesn't need the Magic Tabs, his Magic levels cap even before Lucca.

For the magic ones, it doesn't matter that  much, if you ask me. Luminaire is ridiculously deadly even when you first get it, and later it's the single most powerful spell in the game. If you want to sear everything to a fine crisp as early as possible, put the tabs on Crono. Otherwise, if you plan on keeping that particular team, force-feed them to Robo, who should also get any and all of your speed tabs you happen upon by now.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 01:41:58 am »
I usually give the tabs to the people who are lacking, like speed for robo and lucca, magic for the marle and lucca, strength for frog. Not very strategic, just even.

Dorean

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 09:28:20 am »
i got a "last" question :) :

if i visit the black omen, is the game realy over after that? so i cannot use all this stuff i can obtain to run the black omen in other time periods again?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:55:19 am »
Not quite. You still have a chance to 'backtrack' after the Black Omen events.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 07:36:21 am »
Hah, nice team! Problem is you'd need enough Magic Tabs for each one of them. XD Unless you're gonna turn Crono into a Kenshin-God, then give him all the power tabs. I forget how much MTs Magus requires though.

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 08:36:11 am »
According to the level vs stats chart on Gamefaqs, Magus actually maxes Power before he maxes Magic (his Power rises roughly in parallel with Frog's). Go figure. He maxes MDef extremely early, though, and ends up with the strongest overall stats of any character by level **.

That being said, with a Chrono-Magus-Robo party, I would say you should give the Speed Tabs to Robo, the Power Tabs to Magus, and split the Magic Tabs between Chrono and Robo.