Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336222 times)

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3555 on: October 13, 2011, 06:02:54 pm »
Oh no, I freaking wish! That's Marlene Dietrich, an idol of mine, and an actress from the early part of the 20th century.

The icons from before were Pauline Chase, one of the first actresses ever to play Peter Pan onstage. Again, early part of the 20th century, but I've been told there's a definite physical resemblance.

My first crossdressing experience was actually at 7, when I dressed up as Peter Pan for Halloween. What can I say, I came by it early. (I still can't believe my mom was awesome enough to let me do it. She wore ties and men's shirts in high school for awhile so I think she understood.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:05:00 pm by Syna »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3556 on: October 13, 2011, 06:23:02 pm »
Ah, Marlene Dietrich, aye? I like her style! Might track some films starring her sometime.

Hah, why not? Finding the best tie or fabric that fits you itself is an art, and a tricky one that needs curiosity and imagination working with an excellent taste for style. Take it from your 700+ fans.  8) With a number like that, perhaps people could take you for Marlene. Any tips for us guys here? XD

That reminds me, even Alcyone's in the same boat (yeah, the perfectionist I often talk about). She also indulges in crossdressing as art, albeit a cosplay (anime fictional characters, etc.). From what I remember of her photos and misadventures, her appearance is always greeted with an applause.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:25:08 pm by tushantin »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: October 13, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
Oh no, I didn't mean to suggest it was 700+ people looking at me! Goodness knows I don't have the money for a three piece suit + top hat (yet!). It's really just pictures of other people; I curate, I don't generate content.

Yeah, there's a lot of crossdressing in cosplay! It's pretty cool how that works out. There's that one famous female Link - Pikmin is her name, I think.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3558 on: October 13, 2011, 06:51:26 pm »
Whoops! My bad. And indeed, suits are overkill on the money. Bah, I still think it's a wonderful artform, and I for one wouldn't wanna miss it (and I don't; be it Dali's surreality or Banksy's public vandalism). I wonder what our Syna would look like in a Top Hat. Hmmmm~

Pikmin lead mo to weird results. XD

And unfortunately I can't see Alcyone's photos until I log in on Facebook, so....  :oops: But here's her art gallery instead.

And here is she, trying to look like the devil himself. XD (She's actually very pretty without make up)

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #3559 on: October 13, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »

And here is she, trying to look like the devil himself. XD (She's actually very pretty without make up)

Silly tushantin. That's not the devil; that's Sollux from Homestuck(who is a dude, so it fits with the theme).

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3560 on: October 14, 2011, 06:15:40 am »

Silly tushantin. That's not the devil; that's Sollux from Homestuck(who is a dude, so it fits with the theme).
Sheeit! XD Alcyone kept poking me to read Homestuck, but I just plain forgot. Daaawww....

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3561 on: October 14, 2011, 03:01:33 pm »
Did I mention that I liked LibreOffice? I was wrong. I love it! http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/10/libreoffice-coming-to-the-web-android-and-ios/

Haaww, it's Christmas! 8D

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3562 on: October 14, 2011, 03:43:20 pm »
I'm (pretty) genderqueer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer. I like dressing up like this

and doing my best Lord Byron impression. I realize this is not a very common hobby, so I have a tumblr about it. XD

Reminds me of this cool character from Boardwalk Empire:

I wish that show had better credits so I could figure out who she is and her actress.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: October 14, 2011, 05:11:59 pm »

These chips. It says "Natural" on the bag but I'm pretty sure they put crack in it too.
Every time I buy a bag I eat the whole damn thing. Delicious. This IS love in potato form.

... So is this

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: October 14, 2011, 05:53:22 pm »
I don't eat potatoes or chips often, but sweet potatoes are the best IMO. I can't get enough of them. And I recently found out that I can buy bags of sweet potato chips. :D Probably not healthy, but I don't care.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3565 on: October 15, 2011, 03:16:54 am »
I never had sweet potatoes in my whole life. "Love in potato form". Where is that from? XD

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: October 15, 2011, 08:11:31 am »
I never had sweet potatoes in my whole life. "Love in potato form". Where is that from? XD
My brain! :lol:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3567 on: October 15, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »
Thank you, Alfadorredux, for reminding me of one of the best classical crime literature. Thank you, Project Gutenberg, for allowing my indulgence in the treasures of the past.

Quote from: Arsene Lupin's letter
"I beg you, my dear sir, to have these different objects properly packed up, and to forward them, addressed to me, carriage paid, to the Batignolles Station. Failing this, I shall Proceed to remove them myself on the night of Thursday, August 7th."

"Please pardon the slight trouble to which I am putting you, and believe me,"

"Yours very sincerely,"
"ARSENE LUPIN."

"P.S.—It occurs to me that the pictures have not glass before them. It would be as well to repair this omission before forwarding them to me, and I am sure that you will take this extra trouble cheerfully. I am aware, of course, that some of the best judges declare that a picture loses some of its quality when seen through glass. But it preserves them, and we should always be ready and willing to sacrifice a portion of our own pleasure for the benefit of posterity. France demands it of us.—A. L."

Did I mention how awesome this ingenious thief is?

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3568 on: October 17, 2011, 07:34:28 am »
http://www.blenderguru.com/new-competition-the-future

Any item from the Blender e-Shop + $500 donated to a charity of your choice + a permanent spot in the Winners Hall of Fame!
Worth it? Indeed.

Update: Also, my Polar Detective WIP footage has been chosen for Synfig's new showreel. Here's hoping the software attracts more developers and artists.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:52:56 am by tushantin »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: October 17, 2011, 08:24:00 am »
My first crossdressing experience was actually at 7, when I dressed up as Peter Pan for Halloween. What can I say, I came by it early. (I still can't believe my mom was awesome enough to let me do it. She wore ties and men's shirts in high school for awhile so I think she understood.)

Heh, when I was five I used to dress up as Peter Pan too and I was a pirate for Halloween when I was seven (complete with a beard) and Sherlock Holmes when I was eight.  My parents never had a problem with me dressing up as a boy.