Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 482565 times)

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3750 on: August 26, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
Isn't school starting for most people soon? I can never keep track of that.
I got a letter from my Academy advisor recently. According to her, no MMDP classes I need are being offered next quarter, so she went ahead and registered me for three gen eds. I've got nothing but high school classes next quarter. Suck.

And more of a retarded frustration: I've got a presentation for Unreal tomorrow but I cna't remember where I keep my makeup bag D:

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3751 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:57 pm »
My school-related frustration is something I think I already mentioned. That due to the bad financial problem, I got screwed with enrollment and can only take 2 classes this semester and because of that, I must now take another semester. I kind of want to move to Florida for next semester, but my parents are strongly opposed to that idea, so I'm not sure what I will do. I hope I can find a job soon! I need one. My mom is really bitchy because she wants me to find a job in my field, but what she refuses to understand is that it is impossible to find a paid job in my field without the masters degree that I'm working on. She is pissed off that I'm going to find some kind of average employment in the mean time (well that's the plan anyway). I am not looking to work in fast food. Other than that, my options are open, so i hope that being too educated won't be a problem. Maybe I should neglect to mention I'm in grad school... Some managers don't like to hire overly educated people to do remedial labor : (. I'm not snotty or anything, but I am a really bad worker because I have a very hard time obeying authority. I try to be good, but I still end up being disobedient and always get either fired or nearly fired for disobedience.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3752 on: August 27, 2009, 04:04:33 pm »
Fucking frustration: it looks like the most recent Windows Vista Update caused my computer to stop loading Windows or effectively crash. I dunno if I interrupted it while updating or what, but it was a fucking pain in the ass. Thank goodness Safe Mode exists. Especially Safe Mode with Networking. What the fuck, Microsoft? What the fuck?

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #3753 on: August 27, 2009, 04:17:55 pm »
^ Eep. I think there is something you can do to put windows back into the state it was in before the update. I had my updates turned off, but then I turned them on again. I think that I should turn them back off. My bf did tech support for many years and he always had something against windows updates. He always has them off and encourages others to do so as well.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3754 on: August 27, 2009, 04:20:28 pm »
Right before I posted I did a quick System Restore, which apparently fixed everything (though I see the little Updates Icon trying to win me over)...but the idea to turn 'em off is smart: I might just do that.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: August 27, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »
Oh man, I am sooo not wanting to upgrade to Vista. I love my XP. I loves it, and wantsss to keep it, preciousss. Why does Microsoft have to constantly "innovate"?

Speaking of which, Internet Explorer 8. Is anyone else able to type in these forum post windows in IE 8 without enormous scrolling problems? Microsoft did do an ingenious thing by letting you revert your browser to a Compatibility View setting, though.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3756 on: August 27, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »
Oh man, I am sooo not wanting to upgrade to Vista. I love my XP. I loves it, and wantsss to keep it, preciousss. Why does Microsoft have to constantly "innovate"?

Speaking of which, Internet Explorer 8. Is anyone else able to type in these forum post windows in IE 8 without enormous scrolling problems? Microsoft did do an ingenious thing by letting you revert your browser to a Compatibility View setting, though.

I wouldn't know. I use a good browser.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: August 27, 2009, 06:48:56 pm »

I use Vista, which despite the oh-so-fabled complaints about it, I'm fine with it. *shrug* just me I guess.

Oh yeah, I have IE as well, and it works fine for me.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3758 on: August 27, 2009, 10:55:25 pm »
Comparing it to Firefox, IE does seem to scroll a wee bit differently, but it doesn't seem "enormous". Wait...maybe this is IE7? I dunno, I too use Firefox.

And generally I like Vista, but from time to time it just pisses me off. And somehow it updated itself anyway...though now the computer is working. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3759 on: August 27, 2009, 11:22:33 pm »
I use Opera! The sleekness, simplicity of the Speed Dial, and bookmark importing got me.

That and I had somehow fucked up my Firefox to the point where it would take 10 minutes to start the browser.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: August 27, 2009, 11:37:56 pm »
I can hardly use IE with this place. Every time I do, I get issues with posts scrolling. So I use Firefox.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3761 on: August 27, 2009, 11:45:11 pm »
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my fucking shit ass cock luck with bitching cuntlicker Dalton computers!! I can't even get into it. So obviously am I cursed.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: August 27, 2009, 11:57:56 pm »
i use firefox and xp. im not fond of vista, and ie hates my guts. ive tried safari but it hates me more. and chrome and i are touch and go. but opera... opera is just my arch nemesis. im pretty sure its what caused doreen the desktop computer to die. im not letting it near clarissa, my trusty laptop!

today is a sad day, my friends.
jrum fell again.
this time, not even the power of superglue can put him back together.
the last time he fell, he broke into large pieces and was easily fixed. this time... he broke at the previous cracks, but then those large pieces shattered. i had to sweep him up, per fathers orders.

i still remember that happy, hollow thunk he made when i played him in time to music...
jrum... jrum... jrum...  :(

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: August 28, 2009, 02:59:55 am »
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck my fucking shit ass cock luck with bitching cuntlicker Dalton computers!! I can't even get into it. So obviously am I cursed.

I don't know how necessary it was to drag Dalton into all of that...

Dalton's my boy!!! :franky

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: August 28, 2009, 03:05:50 am »
My current frustration: ZB GIMME BACK MY DAMN AVATAR!!! =D  :picardno

jk, really