Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 482582 times)

idioticidioms

Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2370 on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:57 am »
lmao. At least they're honest about not knowing what to do. But I suspect that sometimes it has make you feel like a human guinea pig.

Setheus

• Porrean (+50)
  • One who knows nothing can understand nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 16, 2009, 11:46:01 am »
@Kage

Nice to see another married man around here.  :D

Look up some emulators and go play some old school RPGs.  The 16-bit era was the best... Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, the Tales series, Bahamut Lagoon, Phantasy Star series, etc...
lol I know this was posted four days ago but I just wanted to add that Im married as well xD

But more on the topic. Frustrated today mostly cause I have a huge pile of about 100ish Motion Tablets to tech by the end of the week. . . lame

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:31 am »
God, I'm just so testy lately. It's like the littlest thing will make me feel like I need to scream.

Here's the frustration:

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.

There are all sorts of little things that build up, and you can't really tell what each of them is. They grow and grow and grow until one itsy bitsy thing makes you just blow up in an explosion of fists, tears, and a whole lot of screaming. Maybe I'm so testy due to hormones, or maybe I'm just in a bitchy mood. Whatever it is, I don't like it.

EDIT: I think I might have figured it out. Maybe.

Poor grammar.

I'm sitting here in the SPED class and I'm listening to two of the teachers having a discussion about Dells. I chime in that Dells are evil and they laugh. What do I know? I'm a SPED kid! That's not the thing, though. A few minutes later, the adult says, and I quote...

Quote from: SPED Teacher Lady
Well, I've boughten two...

Now, Dictionary.com says that it is a word. It's just not used in that sense. EVER.

WHAT THE HELL LADY?!

I'm routinely exposed to things of this nature, and I just suck my teeth and turn away, because every time I try and explain proper functions to them, they either say 'Whatever' and walk away or they swear at me in Spanish.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:11:12 am by teaflower »

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 17, 2009, 09:06:12 am »
Pissed off just because you're pissed off.

Don't worry, you're not the only one.  There's been plenty of times I can remember having those "F everything!" days, just because.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: March 17, 2009, 09:15:21 am »
... you just HAD to post while I was editing, didn't you?

Yeah, grammar is getting me right now. Still like to say to my teachers when they mess up, but it still frustrates me that they do. Especially English teachers, or teachers who majored in English. I've marked up papers my English teacher has given me, as well as papers my Latin teacher has given me (he's an English major) and probably other papers. It's just like WHY DO YOU NOT KNOW THIS YOU WENT TO SCHOOL FOR THE EXACT PURPOSE OF KNOWING THIS STUFF AND TEACHING IT TO STUDENTS WHO DO NOT KNOW BETTER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Maybe they can get away with it because most student's DON'T know better.

But I'm not most students.

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: March 17, 2009, 09:38:39 am »
... you just HAD to post while I was editing, didn't you?

No...  you just HAD to edit while I was posting.  =P

Kage

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Virtue and Honor
    • View Profile
    • Paper Caper
« Reply #2376 on: March 17, 2009, 12:34:44 pm »
@Kage

Nice to see another married man around here.  :D

Look up some emulators and go play some old school RPGs.  The 16-bit era was the best... Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, the Tales series, Bahamut Lagoon, Phantasy Star series, etc...
lol I know this was posted four days ago but I just wanted to add that Im married as well xD

But more on the topic. Frustrated today mostly cause I have a huge pile of about 100ish Motion Tablets to tech by the end of the week. . . lame

I'm so late at replying that I will reply to both of you at once.

I have beaten pretty much every old school emulated rpg that I can get my hands on these days. Though  I greatly enjoy them, why is it that I cannot expect something new and updated to be good? Its sad that I look forward to an old school port or remake more then the new rpgs coming out that so far are almost all disappointments. I am currently playing both alundra and the chrono trigger re-translation. Both are awesome!

I would just like to point out that being married is awesome! Anyone who thinks otherwise, probably just didn't marry the right person lol.

Right now I am mostly frustrated at the new neighbor who moved into the apartment under me... she is around 50+ sits our on her balcony 24/7 and yells on the phone while smoking. I can't breath when I go outside and I get to hear her yelling all the time form inside... There is nothing I can do about it but shrug it off but its really annoying!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: March 17, 2009, 01:43:42 pm »
I've gotten so skinny, it's getting tougher for me to do stuff anymore.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 17, 2009, 02:57:55 pm »
i have to write a paper on the documentary "The Corporation"...while the doc is interesting...I have already seen the damn thing a year ago...and now it feels like a chore to have to watch it again ...2 hours and 20 minutes...bleh

edit: the corporation website has the transcripts..broken down by topic....awesome

edit2: i forgot how good it was...no longer a chore!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:26:13 pm by placidchap »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: March 17, 2009, 04:22:28 pm »
Finals week and the first test is done, I am not good at studying alone. Way too easily distracted with other stuff.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:34 pm »
“I have a lot of faith in the corporate world because its always going to be there, so you may as well have faith in it because if you don't then that's just not a good thing”

oh, what a gem!

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: March 17, 2009, 05:10:21 pm »
I hate my older brother sometimes. He's such a pig. Here's what happened. My mom got a tray of four corn muffins. My sister doesn't want a whole one at the moment, so she goes down and picks at one. I debate over whether I want to have corn muffin for breakfast, but decide not to have one. I go through my day, and when I get home I want muffin. I go to the tray and guess what I see?

One muffin that has been picked at.

My sister tells me that my mom had one and my brother had two, then starts bitching about how no one ever asks her if she wants something. It just frustrates me that my brother decides he gets two without asking my sister, and if I hadn't eaten the last one, I bet he would've eaten that one!

Life is unfair, but my brother is a jerk. Aside from being a pig who eats everything that isn't 'gross' (and even changes his mind about these things), he's selfish and lazy. My mom recently told him that the three of us kids needed to work together to bring up the trash, right? He comes upstairs and says that my sister and I have to do it, while he stays inside and deals with the dishes. And this isn't the first time this has happened. One time, I woke up early and saw a list my mom left us. It was chores. I shrugged and mentally said that it was cool. I messed around on the computer a bit, then went back to bed. My brother woke up, looked at the list, and when my sister and I got up, he told a different story, where he did less stuff and got to sit around and do nothing.

And get credit for our work.

Another thing he does. He makes us bring the PlayStation down to his lair room, and says that we can play it whenever, right? He's either watching TV, playing PlayStation, or has it on and not saved but is using his computer. On top of this, he has turned the TV so that it is facing his bed, making it impossible to play from the other chairs in the room. Mind you, this is not just his room, but the family room, where people come in and where you have to go through to get to the kitchen. He promised he wouldn't do shit like this, which pisses me off.

I hate him sometimes. And by sometimes I mean ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

EDIT: And let's not forget the second one, shall we? The evil fucking bitch who doesn't understand that people other than her SLEEP. I'm tired and she's gone to exercise the fat she thinks she's covered with away, right? I turn off the monitor, turn off the speakers, get into bed and take a nap. Next thing I know she's screaming at me to come up to the car. So I go up to the car and bring down the laundry. Because she's so weak, she asks me to take the basket that needs to go upstairs... upstairs. I do so, because I don't want to fucking deal with her shit, and as I'm coming up the stairs (rather loudly because the thing is heavy) she tells me not to stomp and doesn't bring up the hamper that needs to go up as well, even though the hamper is lighter and less cumbersome, and it's not even out of her way. It's right by the stairs.

Part of me says that she believes she is the only fucking human being on earth and we're all here for her amusement and ease. Given that the room I'm in right now will never truly be MY room because her shit is still in here and she believes she has every right to walk right in without so much as a knock, causing awkward moments (her catching me completely naked holding our cat Rosie, who conveniently blocks all my parts) for everyone. Keep in mind when we shared a room, I had to knock and ask if I could come in before coming in to play video games or going to sleep. But she didn't. She just walks right in. She doesn't knock when my mom's door is closed, but everyone, EVERYONE, has to knock to get into her room. Even my brother, who still has his shit in there.

She's also the only being that needs sleep. Because if she's taking a nap or it's 'early' (by early I mean noon when she gets her ass out of bed) she can stay in bed as long as she wants. But given that I was just pulled out of bed to bring two things of laundry up without her help and now cannot get back to sleep, I obviously do not. Neither does my mother, given she has been woken by my sister randomly coming into her room at night to get the food she's stashed in there. Or steal the cat. And my brother doesn't sleep either, given that she will make the loudest noises in the kitchen when she's getting her food even though he's asleep.

God, I hate my family sometimes. My mom is cool most times, and I'm okay with my dad when he doesn't owe me money, but my brother and sister? Want them OUT.

I've barely even called my parents or my sister in the last five years, so maybe I've lost some perspective on what it's like to be a teenager still stuck living in their parent's house with their siblings, but I think you're making a bit more drama out of things than there needs to be. If you keep cool and level-headed, it's easier to find a bit more harmony in your life instead of constantly getting stressed out.

Also, life is inherently unfair. You won't fix things by pointing out how unfair they are. Instead, it falls on you to use whatever opportunities come your way to gain an advantage and keep it.

In your specific case, I'd suggest being more clever in regards to dealing with your brother's laziness (he assumes you'll get upset, but won't do anything about it except complain) and more nonchalant concerning your sister's outbursts (she's conditioned to think that it gets her something -- at the very least it certainly seems to get your attention more than it should).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:13:17 pm by Ramsus »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: March 17, 2009, 06:45:19 pm »
True, but it's just so difficult. My mom, my sister, and I just cleaned up a large portion of little room, which at one point was my brother's room. It was a sty. We even found an old container of OJ, with... rotting OJ in it... meanwhile my sister just blows everything out of proportion. Earlier she was upset that my brother called little room, which she had recently inhabited, a sty and she perceived it as calling her a pig and it was all her fault.

I know I'm not a gem either (memory issues, homework issues, the littlest things will make me start screaming...) and I do have a tendency to add more drama into a situation than I should (people wonder why I aspire to be a theater teacher), but a lot of that isn't just me. I'd say... 80% is not me. 25% for sis, 25% for bro, 25% for mom, and about... 5% is everything else. Typing things out here makes me less likely to let it blow up in real life, where fists can fly and ruin any chance I have of getting the stuff I really do want. Like a new monitor.

Which leads me to my current frustration:

THIS MONITOR.

Everything is too dark. I'm looking at the Hitake guy we have next to the Additional Options button, and I can't really make our the details. The silver on the site looks like a dark gray. The brightness is at the max. We're thinking it's that this thing is OLD.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 17, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »
Uh... No offense or anything, but I would deal with a selfish brother/sister over a screaming, dramatic brother/sister any day.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: March 18, 2009, 04:19:43 am »
With apologies to ZeaLitY, Grimmjow Jeagerjaques is as ugly as fuck and every time I have to look at one of his pictures--be it ZeaLitY's latest icon, his sig, or just a spontaneous Grimmjow outburst in one of Z's many posts, I cringe. My favorite updates to the Compendium are those when ZeaLitY switches to any of his other heroes, be it Teddy Roosevelt or Bruce Lee or anyone the fuck else.