Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 482597 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2280 on: March 07, 2009, 11:47:46 pm »
Lust is tricky, you can know what it feels like & still be completely blindsided by it the next go-around...When you're in love, both of you (because love is a 2-way street & one of the main differences between it & lust) will know it, no questions necessary.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 08, 2009, 04:35:48 am »
I need to do something relaxing after all this Crimson Echoes related work.

I guess I'll upload all that Chrono Cross background art to the encyclopedia.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2282 on: March 08, 2009, 04:40:46 am »
That's relaxing? You're silly :D

Y'know what's really frustrating? Waking up from dreams and thinking they were real. I had a dream last night that my tablet pen's nib was completely worn down and I couldn't find my spares. I almost cried. Can't live (or finish homework..) without my tablet pen!
And once, I woke up thinking the sky was falling, because the poster on the wall behind my bed (Tychus Findlay YES) fell off and landed on top of me.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 08, 2009, 05:11:19 am »

Hah.

Quote from: GlitterBerri
Relaxation for the ambitious is continuing to work but taking it down a level. =)

Y'know what's really frustrating? Waking up from dreams and thinking they were real. I had a dream last night that my tablet pen's nib was completely worn down and I couldn't find my spares. I almost cried. Can't live (or finish homework..) without my tablet pen!
And once, I woke up thinking the sky was falling, because the poster on the wall behind my bed (Tychus Findlay YES) fell off and landed on top of me.

Ugh, yeah. I dreamed last night that I was a spy at some magnificent huge hotel, but that I had been compromised and poisoned, and I'd die within 24 hours if I didn't find the antidote. The people who poisoned me were happy to give me the antidote if I'd just yield some secrets, but I was just too distraught at the thought of the entire affair to act. It felt so real; I was glad to wake up.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:14:41 am by ZeaLitY »

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:02 am »

Sometimes they are real. I left my spare nibs in the states, so I've been putting off drawing a lot until my family forwards some new ones I ordered.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:58 pm »
Stupid Firefox. I can't really watch Youtube much because of it. I start watching a video or two and after about 10 or 20 minutes worth of video, it freezes. Completely. I hit the close button and it closes without a problem.

Which is the problem.

It should come up with the annoying message that Firefox isn't responding and you need to end the program. But it doesn't. So Firefox is still technically running and will not start again.

Thus you have to SHUT YOUR WHOLE COMPUTER DOWN.

And when you go to search for Internet Explorer, guess what? WINDOWS EXPLORER (the toolbar thing at the bottom and the program that runs your document windows) CRASHES.

GAH.

Also, sticky spacebars suck. I'm gonna pull this thing up and see what the problem is.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #2286 on: March 08, 2009, 02:33:13 pm »
I think you have a Virus, tea... Go through your programs and delete some unused ones of no vital importance, too....

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 08, 2009, 03:06:14 pm »
Yeah, my mom has, like, a million things on here I'll never use. Can't wait to clean this sucker out...

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 08, 2009, 03:19:18 pm »
Actually, a lot of what gets chalked up to be due to viruses is simple instability caused by lots of different software installing their own versions of either commonly used libraries and components or system libraries and components and causing the registry to get mucked up. Likewise, anything that install browser plugins or add-ons, or even modifies your browser's settings can cause it to become much less stable.

Buggy drivers and hardware firmwares also cause a lot of issues, for similar reasons, but on a much deeper level. Often, there's not much you can do here without good vendor support.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 08, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »
... cool. We usually only get this thing checked by a professional when there's something seriously wrong with it, like it won't start or restarts over and over. But other than that, I can deal. A little bit of lag, a lack of Youtube, a lack of Windows Media Player... that's cool with me.

Until it just pisses me off.

I did run a virus scan. Came up with cookies and three 'suspicious objects'. Sent those to Lavasoft. Yay. Not like sent to go infect their computer, but sent for them to figure out what the hell they were.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 08, 2009, 03:42:28 pm »
Aside from buying quality hardware, keeping your firmware/drivers up to date, and re-installing a clean copy of Windows on a somewhat regular basis, there's not much you can do. If you have the first two down, and you started with a clean Windows installation, ran it through all the updates, and didn't install and uninstall a lot of stuff, you'll usually have a pretty stable system that stays that way.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2291 on: March 08, 2009, 04:12:47 pm »
Are you using an up to date version of Firefox? Older versions suffered from memory leaks.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 08, 2009, 04:21:52 pm »
Yeah, we're running the most up-to-date version. I'm actually thinking it might be a flashcard issue. But I dunno how those things work, so... yeah.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: March 08, 2009, 10:26:22 pm »
Frustration: Evil fucking human beings.

So the other day these people were cleaning up around this "alternative" school in a bad part of town for the Great American Cleanup or whatever it is called. It was a mother and her three children and some other people too. Apparently some low-life piece of shit drives up and drops off a 3 year old child and a puppy and then drives off. No one got his liscense plate number. The child was taken by the police and likely placed in CPS, and the puppy was brought to us. Both the puppy and the kid (apparently, I heard through second hand info) were in pretty bad shape and clearly had been severely neglected and abused. From the way people described it, they were dropped off in an area where there were no people and the two were only discovered by chance. Presumably, if it had been any other day besides that day, the two would have wandered around that extremely bad part of town alone.

At this point, I've seen so much fucked up shit in my life that the depravity of human beings doesn't surprise me anymore. But it still pisses me off. At least both the kid and the puppy will find a family that will love them now.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2294 on: March 09, 2009, 03:25:09 am »
Frustration: I don't know anything about lettuce, but that's all we seem to have in our kitchen (about three or four kinds, can't tell them apart). Which part of the lettuce is actually filling?
Also, salad does NOT count as dinner. I will never be able to understand vegetarians or dieters.