Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 482605 times)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2145 on: February 24, 2009, 02:53:30 am »
I was never in the military, so I don't know if the average care is better than that or not...but my guess is it isn't.
When I was in basic training I had the misfortune of contracting advanced conjuctivitis.  In lay terms, it's pink eye on steroids.  I was hospitalized for about a week.  Pus filled blurry eyes, intense ear aches, sinus and throat pain, you name it.  I was pretty much blind with the disease.  During my stay there they tried everything under the sun, from anti-inflammitories, to anti-allergens, when it was clearly an infection.  Finally I managed to get a different doctor to prescribe me some powerful antibiotics (After about three days.)  I started improving within a day.

Now I, not being a doctor or having any training in medicine, was pretty damn sure it was an infection from day 1, but would they listen to me?  Not until everything they thought would work, didn't.

So yeah, free health care blows no matter who you get it from.  The only positive aspect of it is the free part.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 24, 2009, 08:07:09 am »
Yes, exactly - but I don't really think they care about that. I imagine that they are probably overwhelmed and just try to keep things moving by overprescribing antibiotics. Even if newer resistant strains arise, they'll just move to a new antibiotic. I guess the philosphy is "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it". That's the downside of getting free care I suppose. Now, if he was really sick he probably would have seen a doctor. But I don't think the care would have been that much better.

I was never in the military, so I don't know if the average care is better than that or not...but my guess is it isn't.

I don't think free has much to do with that poor service...most doctors push you in and out, unless you are noticeably ill/dying.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 24, 2009, 09:24:42 am »
I find it funny how conservatives point a finger with full, indignant moral rectitude at liberals now about fiscal responsibility.

Where the fuck was this the last eight years?

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 24, 2009, 11:12:33 am »
Yeah, that thing with the democrats and republicans? Stupid.

R: "We're in so much debt!"

D: "Maybe you shouldn't've been so stupid with your money."

Obama: "I'm the president! I'll make things better! Stimulus plan! Yay! No more debt, no more banks going boom... everyone happy, yes?"

D: "Yay! We're happy, Obama! Fix the country!"

R: "Bah! We don't need your money! It's a stupid idea, you're overusing your powers as majority, it's not going to help, and we'd rather deny your money than help the millions in our states to get back on your feet! Plus, you smell funny."

I'm not much into politics, but that's what I get from this.

Current gripe is that I'm still sick. If you haven't noticed already. But no matter what, I'm going to school tomorrow. I can't miss another day.

... I'm also not sure if my mom called the school or not.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 24, 2009, 11:34:29 am »
Don't worry Z.  In eight years people will be just as fed up and sick of the Democrats fucking up the government as they are of the Republicans fucking up the government right now.  Because they both are self serving piles of shit.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2150 on: February 24, 2009, 12:16:01 pm »
Yeah? And if a libertarian's house is on fire, will he call his evil government-funded fire station, or will he be a real man and put it out himself?

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 24, 2009, 12:51:31 pm »
Don't worry Z.  In eight years people will be just as fed up and sick of the Democrats fucking up the government as they are of the Republicans fucking up the government right now.  Because they both are self serving piles of shit.
That's what I'm hoping for, but I'm not getting my hopes too high.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 24, 2009, 01:31:08 pm »
My political gripes?

1) After months without a budget, California raises taxes "for the good of the people" FUCK YOU

2)We spend WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much money on illegals.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 24, 2009, 02:08:19 pm »
Yeah? And if a libertarian's house is on fire, will he call his evil government-funded fire station, or will he be a real man and put it out himself?

My first impulse when thinking "house on fire" was actually to put it out myself or just let it burn down. The idea of someone else intervening to put it out on my behalf didn't occur until I saw fire station, and remembered that those types of services exist...

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 24, 2009, 02:37:05 pm »

Really? That is what you're hoping?

While I'm a Republican, I'd much rather people not be fet up and sick of the Democrats fucking up the government. Why? Because I'd much rather the government not be fucked up at all. I'd generally prefer moderate Republicans (and moderate Democrats) to do the not-fucking-up, but at least if the not-fucking-up gets done, then the time in power wasn't a waste.

Though respond to the original comment about Republicans not being fiscally responsible over the last 8 years, one will note that the Democrats controlled the Legislative branch of the government for last 2 years. In short, they had a lot of control regarding the national budget. While being irresponsible for 2 years is better than being irresponsible for 6 years, either way it is about as good as a swift kick to the groin. Of course, the Republicans were fairly good for the 6 years preceding G.W., given that it was then that the nation last saw a decrease in both deficit and debt.

Hmm... it is almost like the issue of fiscal responsibility can’t be cut down party lines...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:46:56 pm by Thought »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: February 24, 2009, 10:23:27 pm »
Ugh. Just took the Teen Tournament test. My big issue was that when my brother took his test, our mom was there to help him. Both times he took it. This is the only chance I'll get for the tournament (as next year I'll be too old) and my mom had to go get him. And my sister is no help at all.

On top of this, I didn't get most of it.

Damn you pop culture.

... for the record, the ditzy little Stephanie Meyer self insertion IS, in fact, named Bella, right? They asked me about that.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: February 24, 2009, 10:25:53 pm »

Really? That is what you're hoping?

While I'm a Republican, I'd much rather people not be fet up and sick of the Democrats fucking up the government. Why? Because I'd much rather the government not be fucked up at all. I'd generally prefer moderate Republicans (and moderate Democrats) to do the not-fucking-up, but at least if the not-fucking-up gets done, then the time in power wasn't a waste.

Though respond to the original comment about Republicans not being fiscally responsible over the last 8 years, one will note that the Democrats controlled the Legislative branch of the government for last 2 years. In short, they had a lot of control regarding the national budget. While being irresponsible for 2 years is better than being irresponsible for 6 years, either way it is about as good as a swift kick to the groin. Of course, the Republicans were fairly good for the 6 years preceding G.W., given that it was then that the nation last saw a decrease in both deficit and debt.

Hmm... it is almost like the issue of fiscal responsibility can’t be cut down party lines...
Exactly what I was getting at.  Everyone points fingers at whoever is in charge but the problems have been going on for quite a while, from all walks of government.  Most people would like to see financial stability and responsible governing in our system, regardless of which party the person providing it hails from.  Unfortunately TV, radio and internet media outlets and personalities spend too much time tacking each and every problem onto one party or another instead of helping to find the universal solutions that everyone can prosper from.

Fuck I dunno.  Maybe if he kept his hash pipe away from flammable objects he wouldn't have to worry about it.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2157 on: February 25, 2009, 12:17:00 am »
Current frustration: Step-dad got home from California. He hasn't even been home for an hour and he's already drunk and yelling. Yay.
It's times like this that make me wish I was deaf.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2158 on: February 25, 2009, 12:47:36 am »
Current frustration: Step-dad got home from California. He hasn't even been home for an hour and he's already drunk and yelling. Yay.
It's times like this that make me wish I was deaf.

- Put on headphones
- Watch funny videos
- ???
- Profit!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:21 am »
I hate going to dinner and having some obnoxious fucker sitting right next to you and talking really loud about his ideas on religion/politics/philosophy as if he is doing a favor by broadcasting them to all of us.

Next time that happens, I'm going to start having a loud conversation with the person at my table about exactly the same things he is talking about. Everytime he switches a subject, I'll switch to the same subject. But I'll deliberately say the opposite of everything he is saying just to piss him off extra. That would be hilarious. I should have thought of that sooner.