Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 482540 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #1425 on: January 20, 2009, 02:11:49 pm »
I'd be really pissed if that ever happened to me, since I used to always get picked on for being a DBZ fan.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: January 20, 2009, 02:19:55 pm »
Shadow, do you just want your sig deleted then?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: January 20, 2009, 02:24:45 pm »
Just for now. I'll e-mail Z when I find something to put in there.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: January 20, 2009, 02:41:52 pm »
It's gone now. I can take care of minor things like this so you don't have to bug ZeaLitY with it; he needs all the time he can get to analyze things and work on site updates and the like.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: January 20, 2009, 03:41:08 pm »
Frustration was...Shadow's huge sig
Solution:Faustwolf
Winner! Gagné!
Leads into....
Minor frustration:  people who hold up the line for 15 minutes with their shit collection of lotto tickets and that annoying "Winner! Gagné!" that spews out everytime they "win" something.  Not sure if gagné is the right French word...but close enough for my book.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: January 20, 2009, 03:46:24 pm »

Wasn't that big if the mods had no prob with it.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1431 on: January 20, 2009, 03:55:00 pm »
Fusteration is: Lack of Respect.

To begin, I am a very liberal person. I voted for Obama, and believe in his words of hope and plan for the future. I also understand why my republican friends do not like him, and I respect that.

What I am tired of is all the shit I hear every 3 seconds about him from my republican friends. I did not do this to them when Bush won, I gave my them their time in the sun and let them enjoy the inauguration. I understand you don't like or respect Obama, but at least have some goddamn respect for me and let me have a few moment to be happy about the first political victory I've actually cared about in my lifetime before you start off on how he's going to destroy our society, how he hates america, and how he sacrifices republican babies in dark rituals.

It's about respect really, and I don't think there is enough of it in this day and age.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: January 20, 2009, 03:58:46 pm »
I have disabled signature display for a long time... :lol:
Sometimes they are just more eye-catching than the topics...

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: January 20, 2009, 03:59:41 pm »
Solution:Faustwolf
Winner! Gagné!
Leads into....
Minor frustration:  people who hold up the line for 15 minutes with their shit collection of lotto tickets and that annoying "Winner! Gagné!" that spews out everytime they "win" something.  Not sure if gagné is the right French word...but close enough for my book.
That or AdBlock Plus.

To begin, I am a very liberal person. I voted for Obama, and believe in his words of hope and plan for the future. I also understand why my republican friends do not like him, and I respect that.

What I am tired of is all the shit I hear every 3 seconds about him from my republican friends. I did not do this to them when Bush won, I gave my them their time in the sun and let them enjoy the inauguration. I understand you don't like or respect Obama, but at least have some goddamn respect for me and let me have a few moment to be happy about the first political victory I've actually cared about in my lifetime before you start off on how he's going to destroy our society, how he hates america, and how he sacrifices republican babies in dark rituals.

It's about respect really, and I don't think there is enough of it in this day and age.
Unfortunately, unlike many would assume, respect isn't free, and it isn't a right -- it's a privilege and it has to be earned. Personally, I voted for Obama, but I'm waiting to see if he will become a good president, and thus worthy of my respect. It follows that, because he hasn't proved himself -- coupled with the all but homogeneity of power in public offices in years gone past -- that there will be suspicion and mistrust. And because of the conservative's longevity of power, they've become confident -- too confident. The behavior will go away with time. But, then again, I suppose, given enough time, liberals will don this attitude as well... 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:26:28 pm by BROJ »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: January 20, 2009, 04:06:10 pm »
That or your school's network not liking Photobucket or Imageshack.

In response to V, they were images from the Chrono Trigger play through we link to. I believe it involved the Beast's den... or later. But, yeah. Uneducated masses must be educated.

And yes, ZeaLitY would only ban people for a really REALLY good reason.

Current gripe is... my glasses. Somehow, they never ever stay clean... and it drives me nuts. I'd give contacts a whirl, if only they didn't itch so much and if only MassHealth wasn't a dick and didn't cover them. I'd go without them all together, but as I was leaning back in my chair to clean them (or at least try to, they're still dirty), I could barely make out what was on the screen.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: January 20, 2009, 04:36:03 pm »
Well I have a globalization class now, and I have a paper to write. It topic is behavior diffrences and social aspects of Internet communication/interaction and physical/normal interaction. Problem being I can't quite find very many creditable sources for this topic.

On a unrelated note my stress ball on my desk just ruptured due to overuse.

Shee

• Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: January 20, 2009, 04:36:44 pm »

Bush got the shit boo'ed out of him.  Whether you did or not is irrelevant.  Was the man a bad President?  Tough to aruge against it.  Is he responsible for your prbolems or worries?  Negative.  He's gone now and everyone will have to find someone else to blame for their problems.  Obama is hailed as a Messiah and it's day one.  Personally, I think he'll be fine, in fact I have little to no beef with President Obama.  But I CANNOT stand his rabid fans.  i cannot wait to see them all in 6 months when little to nothing has changed.  Can we?  Bet your ass.  Will we?  Remains to be seen.

Oh, and about the lotto tickets, imagine working at the shlumpy station having to wait for chumps to go thru a bazillion lotto tickets.

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: January 20, 2009, 04:41:10 pm »
Bush got the shit boo'ed out of him.  Whether you did or not is irrelevant.  Was the man a bad President?  Tough to aruge against it.  Is he responsible for your prbolems or worries?  Negative.  He's gone now and everyone will have to find someone else to blame for their problems.  Obama is hailed as a Messiah and it's day one.  Personally, I think he'll be fine, in fact I have little to no beef with President Obama.  But I CANNOT stand his rabid fans.  i cannot wait to see them all in 6 months when little to nothing has changed.  Can we?  Bet your ass.  Will we?  Remains to be seen.
Old but this always made me laugh.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:44:34 pm by KebreI »

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: January 20, 2009, 04:42:54 pm »
Oh, and about the lotto tickets, imagine working at the shlumpy station having to wait for chumps to go thru a bazillion lotto tickets.

At least if you work at the station you are suppsoed to stand there for extended periods of time...still annoying though I'm sure.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: January 20, 2009, 04:44:55 pm »
... that made my day. Thank you, Kebrel.