Author Topic: The Flame  (Read 995 times)

The Frog Knight

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Flame
« on: January 23, 2006, 02:25:49 pm »
Now, I'm no Chrono Cross expert. I know more about Chrono Trigger, but here is a bone to chew.

I think that the power of The Flame, comes from Lavos and The Flame is Lavos's tool. What do you think? I'm groggy on CC because mine is scratched and I haven't played it in a few years.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Re: The Flame
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 07:13:30 pm »
Quote from: The Frog Knight
Now, I'm no Chrono Cross expert. I know more about Chrono Trigger, but here is a bone to chew.

I think that the power of The Flame, comes from Lavos and The Flame is Lavos's tool. What do you think? I'm groggy on CC because mine is scratched and I haven't played it in a few years.

I agree completely.  Actually, I think the Flame might be a Lavos bit.

The FF is nothing more than a piece of Lavos broken off when it impacted.  While Lavos was alive, the FF acted as an extension of Lavos's body.  After Lavos was destroyed, the FF provided a link between the Time Devourer and the outside world.  The FF plainly looks like an organic creature, like Lavos, rather than a gemstone, like the FF in Radical Dreamers.

JonnyCyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
..>
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 01:12:56 am »
In response to your link comment.
I agree, I believe that while Lavos as the Time Devourer was off, his link to the CC (and Radical Dreamers perhaps) world was maintained through the frozen flame, as a way to manipulate humanity further.
If we are talking about a being that was able to influence human evolution, I'm sure this creature has the power for a backup plan being with his frozen flame piece.
In essense I believe it to be a mirror of what the Time Devourer is feeling, and as a means of creating a presence for itself in the real world while it grows in power.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The Flame
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:43:04 pm »
Except that the Frozen Flame was created way back when Lavos first landed. It's responsible for almost all of Lavos' actions on the surface except for when he played a direct hand.