Author Topic: Log in auto-transfers  (Read 1510 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« on: January 29, 2004, 05:34:01 am »
On the topic of "Log In Problems" (as I'm not one to create lots of threads), is there a way to make it so that you're not automatically transfered to the Home Page when you log in? I know it's not a BIG deal, but the Compendium is a little more graphics heavy then I can handle sometimes (randomly around 56k), and added pages I have to go through is almost murder. NE-way to get it so that you're simply transfered to the page you logged in on?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Attn Ramsus: Login problems...again
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 04:54:18 pm »
I've been having a problem since the redesign where after I log in, it will show me as being a user browsing the forum, but I'll still not be logged in, so I'll have to log in again. When I do this, because it already sees me as logged on, no posts are considered "new since last visit" which is a bit inconvenient.

Ramsus

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 05:01:19 pm »
That's strange. Let me know if it still persists after a few days. I'll try to look into it in the meantime.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 06:56:58 pm »
Radical_Dreamer, do you use the "Remember Me..." (or whatever) option when logging in or not? That might change things...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 07:12:06 pm »
I've started using it on my home machine. Things have been working pretty well since I posted earlier, hopefully it's fixed now.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 01:13:07 am »
It'd been working since my last post, but now I'm getting the problem again. Using Firefox 0.8, if it helps.

Ramsus

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 02:17:07 am »
I'm working on a new version of the site, which means I'll be reinstalling phpBB and cleaning out a few things. Once I finish, your problem should disappear.