Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336644 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #3960 on: July 18, 2013, 02:40:06 pm »
There's.... an Arsene Lupin manga!

AN ARSENE LUPIN MANGA! Straight adaptation from the novels!

WHY HAS NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS?!  :o

http://myanimelist.net/manga/25021/Adventurier:_Shinyaku_Ars%C3%A8ne_Lupin

Straight off from the link:

Quote from: Synopsis
The continuing adventures of classic Arsene Lupin character created by Maurice Leblanc. Lupin is a Gentleman Thief and a master on disguise who solves cases while outwitting both the police and criminals during the Belle Époque years.

The first chapter of the manga retells the first short story Leblanc published, "The Arrest of Arsène Lupin" (1905).

Ladies and gentleman, I present you... the ORIGINAL Radical Dreamer! (Note: The guy at the top-right is Sherlock Holmes.)

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: July 21, 2013, 03:52:55 am »
1. Quiet night.  Just saw a spot on tv I auditioned for and didn't book, followed by the snickers spot with Kenny G.

FUCK IT'S WEIRD TO SEE YOURSELF ON TV.  Most of the response has been positive.  Gloating a tad for sure but man it's an awesome feeling.  To strive for something that seems so out of reach, even in the basis of ridiculous commercials.  That plastic card that says I'm in some union because someone liked something I did in a 30 second audition.  But that plastic tells me so much more than that.  Sometimes ya just need some validation.

2.  Started another run thru of The Wire.  Only 3 eps in and holy fuck.  So good, but you knew that.  Came across this gem online too.  I'll post the actual embedded video once I remember how to do it, because I suck.
I WOULD TOTALLY PLAY THIS IF IT WAS REAL.  Show spoilers if you haven't seen it and still want to but here's The Wire RPG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAiZ2Y4UJ6U

3.  Good live comedy.  The best.  I've both performed in and seen some awesome shows.  For such a shit business I love it.

Miss y'all.

GRANDMA DRUMMER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhoHN8x_00
I saw my spot again when linking to the drum vid!!  AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3962 on: July 24, 2013, 08:34:35 am »
FUCK IT'S WEIRD TO SEE YOURSELF ON TV. 

WHERE? WHERE?!

Dammit! When do I get to see you on TV!  :o

What do I love? REMAKE: http://morevnaproject.org/2013/07/21/remake-0-6-released/

It's one of those things I thought I'd never need, but once I began using it I wonder how I'd ever live without it.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: July 24, 2013, 11:13:05 pm »
Seeing yourself on TV is bizarre as hell.  I was on the news briefly in 2007 and caught the segment.  I looked and sounded absolutely nothing like I thought I did in my head.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: July 25, 2013, 02:26:01 am »
Hmm... though I know that I have appeared on TV (usually at College there's a TV cameraman and crew interviewing random students when the semester starts, and I've had the chance to be one of the interviewed ones at least once), I've never had the chance to see it personally. Though to be honest, I'd rather not appear again if I can help it. :oops:

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: July 31, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »
Doing the annual watch-through of all the extended editions of LotR and boy do I adore these movies.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: August 04, 2013, 09:46:45 pm »
I just watched T:TSCC. (yeah, my clock is a few years behind yours).

Thought it was bad, but eventually I found I liked it. The part about John Henry really impressed me.
Think about it, if will be awesome if a super computer like FATE really has a back story, although it is a bit sad, like this kind of storys always are.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 05, 2013, 01:09:02 pm »
I just watched T:TSCC. (yeah, my clock is a few years behind yours).

Thought it was bad, but eventually I found I liked it. The part about John Henry really impressed me.
Think about it, if will be awesome if a super computer like FATE really has a back story, although it is a bit sad, like this kind of storys always are.

I enjoyed the approximate half of the show that was more "Skynet Tales of Origin" than "John Connor Goes To High School and Gets Sad and Learns About Girls and Death and Stuff". Worth watching, even if maybe skipping several episodes.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 05, 2013, 07:36:09 pm »
I can't watch it because I know it ends prematurely and with a plethora of loose ends.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: August 05, 2013, 09:00:35 pm »
Yeah the part before the finale was harshly made(the finale itself seems fine to me), comparing to its loooong earlier part. Maybe that is because it once nearly got cancelled, thus a 3rd season would be quite unlikely.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 06, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »
I always *adored* the episode "Adam Raised a Cain," or at least the ending of that episode; I still get chills watching the "Donald, Where's Your Trousers?" sequence. Great example of taking a completely silly idea and spinning it into something serious. The duet captures the concept of humanizing John Henry through his contact with a child. At least I *think* that's what Shirley Manson's character was trying to do all along? Been a while since I watched the series.

It's pretty weird looking at this after seeing Game of Thrones though. I keep thinking Sarah Connor is Cersei Lannister.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:10:52 pm by FaustWolf »

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: August 08, 2013, 09:11:17 pm »
Yeah, also that episode was really breath catching, two important characters just died and the protagonist was jailed.

I'm surprised there are so many fanfictions floating around. I'm currently reading this one and perhaps it'll keep me away from other entertainments for a while.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: August 09, 2013, 01:06:05 am »
Just got back from a much-needed visit to Kentucky to see my brother and his girlfriend and their many pets (8 cats, 1 dog, 1 rabbit, 1 guinea pig, 1 ball python, 1 tarantula!).  It was absolutely wonderful.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: August 17, 2013, 02:04:10 pm »
Wow, so I just now discovered the group "Of Monsters and Men."

[youtube]A76a_LNIYwE[/youtube]

I love how their music videos are pretty much indie videogames waiting to be fleshed out and programmed.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3974 on: August 17, 2013, 03:28:45 pm »
More of a sigh of relief than a "stuff I love":

Bomb-scare on my way to work. I was at an extremely close proximity to it, and the bus wouldn't go further as the roads were blocked. Luckily, the situation was resolved, thanks to the cops and whoever it was that informed them of it.

If the abandoned bag WAS indeed a bomb, then not only did that fellow save my life, but also of countless others. Whoever that fellow is, I owe them by gratitude.

Also, I freaking love that video, Faust!