Author Topic: Stuff you LOVE, baby  (Read 336624 times)

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you LOVE, baby
« Reply #1980 on: November 23, 2009, 03:53:30 pm »
Is that drawing next to your computer a picture of Arni Village?

Nope.  It's a painting of a nipa hut village in the Philippines.  Although it could pass as Arni Village.  It is a beautiful painting.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: November 23, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »
Saj -- I had a good laugh at the labels on your desk picture, and I almost choked on breakfast reading your first Twilight rant.  (Especially when I got to "jelus u culd nevar find a gui lyk EDWARD CULLEN <33333" and "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion".)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 23, 2009, 04:30:29 pm »

I just love South Park.

They're always up to date on the latest news bites, pop culture references, and they're (almost) always dead on in their satire of current events.

Just got done seeing the latest episodes.  Hilarious!  :lol:

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1983 on: November 23, 2009, 10:04:34 pm »
I love silk. My step-dad just got back from China (still weighing the pros and cons of this), and he brought back silk kimonos and nightclothes for most of us. It's very soft and very warm, and feels wonderful against bare skin. I'll try and get a photo after school tomorrow (SUPER SCHALA!) because I don't want to bother with makeup tonight (cosplay wouldn't be right without it).

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 23, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »

Hey, I love silk, too.

Especially the variety on the clothing that Tai Chi artists wear:

I own such a suit, but in addition, it has a Chinese dragon on the front.  Kind of like this one, except it's all white like the color of the silk:

Did I tell you how much I love silk?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 24, 2009, 01:29:20 am »
I love silk, and I love heavy silk. I have three shirts which are made out of 100 percent silk, but they're nothing like any other silk I've handled before. They're amazing...and they're warm as heck, so usually I can only wear them in the cold months. Like tonight, when I went out to dinner!

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #1986 on: November 24, 2009, 01:38:17 am »
We can be silk buddies! I've never worn or even touched real silk before now, though. It's really nice. Probably the biggest reason I like it is because there's this really cool armor in Golden Sun called Silk Dress. Only girls can wear it (darn, I wanted to put it on Garet), and it lowers the enemy's attack stat.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 24, 2009, 01:56:04 am »

I just love the following song on this page web comic page:

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/

The artist is clever in his style and as equally clever with the lyrics.

This song is for anyone whose ever played platform games growing up.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 24, 2009, 06:46:19 pm »
I've never been silk buddies before! I wonder if there is a special button to wear? Obviously, it would not be one of those pins that pierce the silk...

I'm not sure what I love at the moment. Fresh berry pie (in the fridge) and not throwing up (after a weird bout of nausea in the middle of the night) don't quite seem to deliver the oomph necessary for "love" status--as, after all, love is a pretty serious category in itself.

I suppose I could say that I love coffee. Anyone who loves coffee and finds themselves in Seattle needs to go to Vivace...Espresso Vivace. Take my word on this one. Get yourself a latte or a mocha or even a shot of straight espresso, and sit down and drink it right there in the shop, out of their ceramic cups. (The crema gets ruined fast in the paper cups, especially if you use a lid.) While you're at it, tell me you'll be there and I will join you in person for philosophy, politics, and literary musing. And coffee.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 24, 2009, 06:54:56 pm »
I love that in 24 hours I will be on my way to [insert where my parents / my cat / D lives] !

So excited.

:franky

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1990 on: November 24, 2009, 06:57:51 pm »
I love that in 24 hours I will be on my way to [insert where my parents / my cat / D lives] !

So excited.

:franky

Ahah! Happy holiday break, Saj!

Speaking of which, I started mine yesterday thanks to my really cool Psychology professor being really cool and canceling class for today. In other words, instead of leaving college to my place almost four hours away at 6 o'clock today, I left at noon yesterday.

That's worth some lovin'.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 25, 2009, 04:24:33 pm »
I love the title "Admiral." It's my single favorite common-world title, position, and rank. No, I'm not just throwing this out there for some Love filler ahead of Turkstravaganza. I honestly get a serious kick whenever I see or read about an "Admiral." I've been a fan of the concept of Admirals since I was a kid. Admirals are awesome. Admirals are the best! And the word is so old that it's in use practically all over the world for that specific military rank, from the Russian Адмирал to the Mexican Almirante. The history of admiralty is especially fascinating in England, where the navy is the oldest continuously operating branch of the military. And did you know that there was once "Admiral Crunch"? That's right...the cereal guy got a promotion. It didn't last long, though...

If any Britons are offended by my juxtaposing their Royal Navy with a breakfast cereal, the Complaints Department is that way!

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 25, 2009, 06:13:50 pm »
I have fallen in love with the song during the fight scene against the Time Devourer in "Magus, Unmasked".  Faust, you have excellent taste in music!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 25, 2009, 06:55:22 pm »
Sajainta, check out everything by Dead Can Dance: Lisa Gerrard's voice is just freaking godsent.

Also, you might be interested in checking out the groups Arcana and Dark Sanctuary. They've done some covers of Dead Can Dance tracks that turned out well, but their original music is even more awesome.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 06:58:43 pm by FaustWolf »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 25, 2009, 10:36:03 pm »
Well I've been playing Ocarina of time for the first time for a while now.  The good news is I finally got the horse in that stupid race.  The bad news is I'm up to the water temple.