Author Topic: Your TOP 10 PS2 Games  (Read 5418 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 01:16:29 am »
Ha! Good one!
Kingdom Hearts, was...eugh. It was OK; I enjoyed playing it, but it wouldn't go on my list. Haven't played 2. Dragon Quest: Cursed King Something looks good. PSYCHONAUTS!

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 12:10:20 pm »
Quote from: Radical_Dreamer
Quote from: Theicedragon
If you haven't played Guitar Hero, you should.  Its the most well-balanced and funnest game to play out there.

What exactly do you mean by "most well-balanced"?

What I mean is that out of all the music based games out there, this one blends technique and fun together very well.  I have never played a guitar before, but the way the game was put together I felt that with the guitar controller I was actually playing one.  It's a very fun game and i recondmend it to everyone.

knuck

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 09:23:16 pm »
Shadow of the Colossus.
The rest are just games.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 09:37:16 pm »
Yeah, I heard about that game. The hero seems cool; he's a mere mortal with eternal determination.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 04:32:47 am »
Shadow of the Colossus was a pain in the ass. The idea was cool, the graphical style was awesome, and the music was great. The gameplay, in THEORY, was awesome. In reality, it was a crash and burn hindrance on my abilty to have fun with it. I felt like I was working more than playing, until I laid that final blow on each stupid monster. Not worth it, not to me.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 04:41:51 am »
ICO is infinitely better  :D

hotspot

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Breaker of wooden writing utensils
    • View Profile
    • Suikocross
Re: Your TOP 10 PS2 Games
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 02:24:25 pm »
I am a huge suikoden fan ( suikoden is my favorite series and games) so suikodens are first.
1.Suikoden 5
2.Suikoden 4
3.Suikoden tactics
4.Suikoden 3
5.Kya dark lineage
6.Beyond good and evil
7.Sly cooper 3
8.La pucelle tactics
9.kingdom hearts 2
10.Final fantasy x-2
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:50:18 pm by hotspot »

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 02:43:13 pm »
1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Final Fantasy X
4. DQVIII
5. Makai Kingdom
6. Ico

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 02:47:26 pm »
WOW. I'm gonna take advantage of the fact that this thread was ressurected and update my list:

1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Kingdom Hearts 2
4. Okami
5. God of War
6. Resident Evil 4
7. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
8. Final Fantasy X
9. Shadow of the Colossus
10. Need For Speed: Most Wanted Black Edition

11. Other games I would put in my top 10 if 10 was more than 10, not necessarily in any logical order: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Shin Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, Shinobido Imashime, Tomb Raider: Legend, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Silent Hill 3, Winning Eleven 9: World Soccer, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, SSX on Tour, Tony Hawk's Underground, Tekken 5, Call of Duty 3, Black, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, Soul Calibur 3 and WHEW that was a lot. Shutting up *now*.

BTW, I wanna play ICO. =[

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 02:50:00 pm »
Ico isn't that good. Well, not to me. But I'm spoiled and snobbish when it comes to action-adventure games. Even so, the controls are dodgy and the camera is weird.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 02:59:43 pm »
-Radiata Stories
-resident evil 4
-Drakengard
-GTA San andreas
-DefJam FFNY
-Madden 07
-God Of war
-Scar Face
-Final Fantasy X1
-Blitz The Leage

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 05:01:48 pm »
-Tales of Destiny Remake
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Tales of The Abyss
-Dance Dance Revolution (=D)
-Resident Evil 4

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 06:06:57 am »
1. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
I agree wholeheartedly. At times you think "well, this is cliche", but then when you take it in context and take other things into considerations, it makes your eyes water. Ending = suberb.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 08:39:51 pm »
*this is my third time trying to type this stupid list thing on this stupid library computer (gods say let it rot in hell forever & ever)*

Since I only just got my PS2 recently, the list's gonna be short.

X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocolypse - It was a decent Action/Adventure RPG. It played basically like Diablo, but since it was all Marvel characters (I <3 the additional playable characters of Iron Man & Deadpool!), and since I'm a dork for comic books, it got props for that. The leveling and equipment systems can be engrossing, semi-engrossing, or completely automatic, which I thought was a cool, n00b-friendly (though they were probably thinking about little kids) addition.

Gran Tourismo 4 / Gran Tourismo 3 A-Spec[/b] - If you like realistic driving simulators and own a PS2, you should have at least one of these titles. I played GT3 more, but I like rally racing, so since it's more prominant in GT4, I put them at pretty much equal.

Armored Core 2 / Armored Core 2: Another Age / Armored Core 3[/b] - I've always liked the Armored Core series, even though each new game is basically the same only with updated and expanded graphics, equipment, and missions. The customization you can put into your mechs(called "Armored Cores"...go figure) is pretty good. I like going through each game with a different mech (although it's easily possible to have multiple mechs).

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero[/b] - Equally, I've always liked the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series (I played 2 on Dreamcast). The simple gameplay mechanics and physics along with a customization system to rival the Armored Core games makes for a nice change from the Gran Tourismo series.

Front Mission 4 - I had always heard good things about Square's Front Mission series (although my previous attempt to play the oldschool Super Famicom version was thwarted). It is indeed an engrossing SRPG. The gameplay isn't quite Final Fantasy Tactics; your abilities are left more to dicey chance probabilites of hit & evasion percentages. But again, the customization is at times equal parts intense and infuriating. I bet they made quite a few changes to FM5 (but I've yet to play it...but I definately would).

Final Fantasy X - I've gotta say, I'm putting this one on more for Blitzball than anything else. It's basically just another FF with a little more glitz & glam than the last one to me.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas[/b] - If you're going to play one of the non-oldschool top-down-view-only (you know you bust it out every once in a while! lol) GTA games, it might as well be this one (I haven't played any of the "Stories"). I'm a violent person, what can I say? So I dig on 'em even if it's same ol'. Cruising on a motorcycle or in a jet, smashing, killing, and all that just doesn't get boring fast to me I guess...although I have played it through twice on PS2 and once on XBOX (let those piece of shit Black & White buttons forever rot in hell, can I get an amen?)...*shrugs*

Killzone - It's a FPS, hooray! Being that I'm not a Tom Clancy fan by rule (your writing blows CIA man! and your movies are lackluster decpite their fancy movie stars except maybe that one submarine movie with Sean Connery which name I should but cannot remember!), I'm fairly limited in shooting games on Sony systems...But Killzone is a pretty cool online multiplayer (Sony did what???) game...if you're not already playing better ones on PC...but I'd put Killzone up against Gears of War's sloppy use of the Unreal engine any day.

Nothing else springs to mind (that I've played much of anyways)...I'd put the versions of Capcom Vs SNK 2 & Marvel Vs Capcom 2  also, but I've played them more at the arcades, on Dreamcast, and even on XBOX more than PS2...actually, I don't know if I have played them on PS2 now that I think about it...Capcom needs to make it's 2D graphics look sharper already...Sammy beat 'em to the punch with the Guilty Gear series way back on the Dreamcast...and now that EA or Activision (or wait, is Activision owned by EA? whatever...stupid EA owns everything) has Marvel...sad face for 2D fighting game fans. :(

Feez

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 09:45:15 pm »
1. Valkyrie Profile -- in my opinion, this game has the best battle system for any RPG ever
2. King of Fighters XI
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
5. Star Ocean 3
6. God Hand...even though it gets old fast

I can't think of more. :(