Author Topic: The Official Queen Zeal Discussion Thread  (Read 2962 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Queen Zeal Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 01:27:33 am »
Here are the relevant quotes from the Canonical English version and the Retranslation:

"When the Mammon Machine was finished, the Queen changed almost over night."
"Since the Demonic Vessel was completed, the Queen has become cold, like a different person."

This line is from a Zealish person of no importance to the story. It seems pretty clear that Queen Zeal changed both considerably and suddenly once the Mammon Machine became operational. From my own studies in humanity, I am led to conclude that we can infer that she was particularly susceptible to the corrupting power of Lavos as expressed through the Mammon Machine. Whatever she had been before, she changed very quickly.

This doesn't necessarily tell us much about what her overall personality might have been like. It doesn't even tell us what the mechanism of Lavos' corruption was; only that it happened to Queen Zeal very quickly.

To speculate on Queen Zeal's actual personality, all we have is Janus' line:

"She's NOT our mother! She looks like mother, but inside she has changed."
"That bitch isn't our mother! The appearance is mother's, but she's something different on the inside..."

Sadly, this isn't very informative. All it seems to establish is that Queen Zeal was a more appealing mother before she changed, since Janus' emotions are betrayal, resentment, and disgust.

I don't think we can draw any conclusions based upon the ease with which she was corrupted. Queen Zeal's personality prior to the Mammon Machine seems almost totally open to speculation, although perhaps it does not reflect very positively on her that Janus turned out to be a spoiled brat and Schala turned out to be a bleeding heart to the point of knowingly imperiling her entire kingdom just to save a couple of pretty faces.

Personally, my wild speculation is that Queen Zeal's personality alteration was as large as it was swift...and that previously she had been a calm, kind, person. What her ambitions were, I couldn't say. That sleeping fellow mentioned that she had nurtured magic after King Zeal died. Who knows what that might represent? Someone well-versed in Japanese culture might be able to discern an implicit meaning here, but I certainly can't do any more than wild speculation, myself.

She is one of the more interesting characters in the game, although that probably tells us more about me than about Queen Zeal. She's really something of an empty slate.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 04:02:10 am »
Actually, I've been known to be very... defeatist... When I get stressed, I simply give up.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 09:21:10 pm »
Queen Zeal, Hmph no one NOT even me knows how she acted when they never heard of Lavos all i know is that "Queen" Slowly Turned to a Victim.... a Victim of Lavos, When you first see her, Obviously the Golem is suppose to defeat you Well at least that time you see her Nicer, but if you noticed, she just came so Obsessed With the power of Lavos the real Queen Zeal Disappeared, Making that Queen Zeal into a Lavos Lackey. Even Dalton of course, Dalton is just like her but in Prophets Guile He got angry at Magus because he was more trustworthy he made a Excuse saying that he was gonna try to take over the Kingdom But he got beat, as i say,In Prophets guile (Again) Queen Zeal is actually Nicer WAY nicer So because of the Mammon Machine... Because of LAVOS she became Her Evil side, To be Happy with so much power could get you to something so Obsessed with so much power, can lead you to become a Evil Lackey. Use Queen Zeal as a result. What i always Wondered Was... What was Queen Zeals name? What i also wonder is that She Wants the Power of Lavos when She actually is a Lackey of it, she thought that using this energy would make Zeal Immortal when she did not listen to Melchoir thats when it happened if anyone could of changed time and Somehow convince her to use that pendant of hes, I made a Zeal place on a Online game and worked on it, i made hes pendant jewels instead because i couldn''t find and Pendant DisplayIDs...Back to the Queen zeal thing

As everyone knows you end up thinking:Who the hell is that queen? some Afro Ninja?
Then you think when you get in the Whole thing of being the destroyers of lavos:Holy FatBigmacs, a GOD DAMN BOSS BATTLE NOW?!!!!!