Author Topic: El Nido = The "Sea of Eden" = The Cradle of Life  (Read 1602 times)

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
El Nido = The "Sea of Eden" = The Cradle of Life
« on: June 06, 2005, 03:21:55 pm »
I have a question.
I'm not completely sure about this.

Why was El Nido called the "Sea of Eden"?

Was it because supposedly life began in the location of the El Nido islands (Gaea's Navel) aeons ago? Perhaps this is why there are so many temporal distortions within that whole region of the sea? Afterall, the reason why Chronopolis was built in El Nido was to study the strange behavior and temporal distortions of the area, and to possibly use their discoveries to create a counter-time experiment.

P.S. Steena spoke of the "Land of Genesis". Was she referring to the Sea of Eden?

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 08:58:49 pm »
I forget who said it in the game, but somewhere someone definitely explains why it's called the Sea of Eden, and that's because it was where the Dragon God dwelled (originally all of El Nido was called the Sea of Eden), but when FATE split up the power of the Dragon God, FATE became the ruling 'god', so where FATE dwelled became known as the Sea of Eden.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:03:55 pm »
But why would it be called the Sea of Eden?

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 10:49:07 pm »
I guess because it was supposed to be a paradise of sorts.  The entire El Nido Archipelago was engineered by FATE to be a virtual paradise unto itself.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:54:38 pm »
Yeah, that makes sense.  :)

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 06:20:43 pm »
I think the Garden of Eden was originally called that because of God, not because it had the first life or w/e

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 05:03:51 pm »
Well, Eden was the paradise where Man was created. Most of the animals (possibly plant life, too) that existed before were placed in that Garden by God, so you can look at it as the origin of life.