Author Topic: Serge: The Key to Destruction and the Assassin of Time  (Read 4225 times)

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Serge: The Key to Destruction and the Assassin of Time
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 11:41:30 pm »
I have noticed that Home World had very different outcomes related to Porre's occupation of El Nido. Home World's current situation between the Porrean and El Nido governments could have lead to a very significant change in history. Could this have been a factor in Home World's destruction?

Also, does anybody know if FATE had any control over Home World? If so, why didn't FATE try to fix Home World's future?

One more thing. Can someone explain to me why the Dead Sea was filled with a variety of different time peroids all smashed together into one chaotic mess?

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2005, 11:50:24 pm »
I don't think FATE had control like it did in Another World (through the records), but I assume it lived on through Lynx in Home World, and even without a counterpart in Home World, the computers in Chronopolis knew of the dimensions, so maybe it had a way to send Another Lynx into Home World to do stuff.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 12:18:53 am »
I just thought of something:

Home World's Kid and Harle are unaccounted for.

Where are they?

Do they exist?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 12:22:40 am »
Kid most surely exist in HW, as she was created before the split.  Harle too, I think she was created in the storm.

I think FATE did have some influence in Home, as you learn about the Records of FATE in Home's Arni.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 12:27:45 am »
Did FATE even care about Home World?

Was it only concerned about Another World's future?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 01:03:14 am »
I'm not an expert of FATE...  Heh, I'll pull out here and let someone else answer the FATE questions :)

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 01:10:17 am »
I understand.

Gosh, this game gets much more complicated when you try to analyze all of the smaller details!  :)

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2005, 01:11:42 pm »
From what I understand FATE needed to keep tabs on Home World because that was the only dimension that had a living Serge. And Serge is the key to the flame and all.

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2005, 02:55:23 pm »
So, then FATE didn't really care about Home World's future?

FATE just wanted to bring Serge to Another World, and that was its only interest in Home World, right?

(Just trying to clear up some things)

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2005, 10:40:58 pm »
I have been replaying through Chrono Cross, and I've just completed the Dead Sea. I think I have figured out my Dead Sea questions, so nobody has to worry about that.

I am, however, still confused about whether or not FATE really cared about Home World.

Not to mention, I'm still not sure what the exact reason is for Serge negating Crono's actions, but I noticed something interesting that the ghost figure of Crono stated:

Crono: The vengeance of the future we killed is about to begin... With Serge serving as the trigger...

Is this what the script means by Serge being the Chrono Trigger? He is the Chrono Trigger that revived the Lavos Timeline? I don't think that the ghost of Crono used the word "trigger" lightly.

Also, could this be a reference to Serge being the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame, which would contribute to him being a Chrono Trigger? I recall that someone in Viper Manor stated that the Frozen Flame was said to have the ability to change history. If the Frozen Flame could do this, and if Serge is the Arbiter of the Flame, then could this be the reason that he is a Chrono Trigger? A Chrono Trigger that will trigger the revenge of the Lavos Timeline?

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2005, 05:24:16 pm »
Quote from: Philosopher1701
I have been replaying through Chrono Cross, and I've just completed the Dead Sea. I think I have figured out my Dead Sea questions, so nobody has to worry about that.

I am, however, still confused about whether or not FATE really cared about Home World.

Not to mention, I'm still not sure what the exact reason is for Serge negating Crono's actions, but I noticed something interesting that the ghost figure of Crono stated:

Crono: The vengeance of the future we killed is about to begin... With Serge serving as the trigger...

Is this what the script means by Serge being the Chrono Trigger? He is the Chrono Trigger that revived the Lavos Timeline? I don't think that the ghost of Crono used the word "trigger" lightly.

Also, could this be a reference to Serge being the Arbiter of the Frozen Flame, which would contribute to him being a Chrono Trigger? I recall that someone in Viper Manor stated that the Frozen Flame was said to have the ability to change history. If the Frozen Flame could do this, and if Serge is the Arbiter of the Flame, then could this be the reason that he is a Chrono Trigger? A Chrono Trigger that will trigger the revenge of the Lavos Timeline?

FATE did not care about Home World, just Serge. All FATE cared about was gaining acess to the FF, and it needed Serge to do that. And like I said before Serge is the only one that can acess the FF because of the Promethius Lock.

I think that Crono's ghost doesn't know the whole story. I don't think it realizes that Schala is attached to Lavos in the DBT. Because when you think about it Serge is the only one that can save the planet from the TD. I myself still do not fully understand the circumstances that allow Lavos to destroy all of space-time, so I'm not exactly sure as to how Lavos gained this ability by attaching to Schala.

As for Serge being referd to as the Trigger, that debate is going on here: http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=723

Philosopher1701

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2005, 11:33:45 pm »
I think that Crono's ghost doesn't know the whole story. I don't think it realizes that Schala is attached to Lavos in the DBT.

Crono: Where even angels lose their way... Ten years ago, you died at this very spot. There's no mistake. You drowned.  The truth is, this world, in which you are still alive, is the irregularity... This is the false reality! Ten years ago, it was Lynx who tried to kill you at this beach. After Prometheus broke the link between FATE and the Flame, FATE tried to eliminate any obstacle that stood in its way!  In the meantime, the six Dragons had sent Harle forth to try and gain possession of the Flame. Harle made contact with FATE's biological incarnation, Lynx, and tricked him into temporarily joining forces. The elimination of the Prometheus circuit's lock on the Frozen Flame was everyone's top priority! Lynx and Harle abducted Lucca, who alone could release the Prometheus lock that
guarded the Flame... But the whole attempt only ended in failure. Then, they just waited for you to appear instead! You see, FATE calculated that you would one day cross the dimensions and try to make contact with the Flame. I don't know how to break this to you, but... Lynx was actually your father, Wazuki! Drawing closer to the Flame caused him to become unstable, and the image of you dying in terror changed him completely! Finally, after having his psyche totally eroded, he lost his soul and was easily integrated by FATE... FATE turned Wazuki into a biological interface, modelling him after your worst fear at the time -- a panther. Although Wazuki managed to escape from Chronopolis with you, he
later succumbed to FATE.  Humans are such fragile, disjointed, imperfect things. Love and hate... Life and death... Perhaps even FATE itself dreamed of using the Flame to some day reincarnate itself into a new species. It is quite sad, really... It's like when you gaze into the Flame, the Flame gazes back into you.

Well, Crono seemed to know an awful lot of what was going on, and not to mention, Lucca and Marle knew all about Schala and the Time Devourer, so I'm sure Crono knew all about it, too.  :wink:

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2005, 02:46:09 pm »
This just proves that I need to play Cross again.  :?