Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 199779 times)

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1410 on: December 31, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »
Don't worry about Mass Effect and the Mako, actually it's worst if you kill enemies on the Mako, is best you park your ride in a safe place, and proceed on foot, depending on your class and party set ups, you can either blitz the enemies guns blazing, oooooor(and this is what I love to do)
take them out with a Sniper Rifle, they don't even know what got them, Snipers can even take out vehicles and Colossus, it takes a little skill but if you are a contemporary of the shooters then you shouldn't have any problems doing it.

I advice you choose the Soldier or Infiltrator class, because those are the classes that exploit the guns the most, I assume you picked Mass Effect for the shooting elements in the combat mechanics, if I am correct, then you will have most fun playing as a Soldier, a master of firearms. But feel free to experience with the Biotics(Magic) and Tech skills, I played(like most people) first as a Soldier, and had a blast, got a feel of how the game works, and then in subsequent playthroughs I experience with the rest of the stuff.

Really, Mass Effect is an excellent Sci-Fi RPG all around, don't worry about the Mako, it drives very much like the Warthog of the first Halo.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 31, 2009, 05:05:54 pm »
They are remaking FF7. It is about to be officially announced.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1412 on: December 31, 2009, 05:20:38 pm »
Please, link us when the information becomes public, ZK.

Arigato in advance.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 31, 2009, 07:14:28 pm »
Quote from: Tetsuya Nomura
I can just say, that indeed, whereas I’m still working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Agito XIII and a little later on The 3rd Birthday (this year), we will announce other games this year and one is terribly awaited from everyone and often “REQUESTED” by fans and even by the press crew that I meet all over the world.
This was taken out of recent interview with a Japanese Gaming Magazine, not as conclusive as ZK makes it sound but the possibility is there.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1414 on: December 31, 2009, 07:51:13 pm »
Yeah, I went with Infiltrator in Mass Effect, myself. Too Human seems like it has a lot more character customization and funner combat though...I may, dare I say it...have to play them both at the same time (er...not simultaneously, of course...>_>)...! But dammit, I've got Oblivion to think about too...and also Infinite Undiscovery (though that one is kind of bleh and not high on my priority list)...

Maybe the "requested by fans" thing Nomura was talking about will finally be Chrono 4. I'd rather that than a FFVII remake...or hell, maybe even a FFVI remake (because a guy can dream, dammit!)...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:52:54 pm by V_Translanka »

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 31, 2009, 09:20:39 pm »
Yeah... I know it won't be the next Chrono Game, I just know it... but somehow I can't shake the little voice of hope in my mind that says "what if..." most likely is FFVII remake or somehing realted to Kingdom Hearts.

FaustWolf had more info on that note if memory serves me right, maybe he can shed some light on the matter...

EDIT: Did one better, here's the link for a thread about this exact same thing right here in the General Discussion forum =P

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,8339.0.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:33:55 pm by Dapifer »

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: January 01, 2010, 01:47:41 am »
My offer still stands Jutty, if you tell me where exactly are you having problems I may be of assistance n_n

I'm only like 3 hours in. I just now found out that there are random battles lol. Now that I have upgraded my classes and learned some abilities it's not as impossible.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 01, 2010, 02:20:36 pm »
Quote from: Tetsuya Nomura
I can just say, that indeed, whereas I’m still working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Agito XIII and a little later on The 3rd Birthday (this year), we will announce other games this year and one is terribly awaited from everyone and often “REQUESTED” by fans and even by the press crew that I meet all over the world.
This was taken out of recent interview with a Japanese Gaming Magazine, not as conclusive as ZK makes it sound but the possibility is there.

Actually, I read annother article where one of the executives said that they have the green light to do it. But I can't find it. Oh well, I can't think of anything else it can be.

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 02, 2010, 05:07:43 am »
My offer still stands Jutty, if you tell me where exactly are you having problems I may be of assistance n_n

I'm only like 3 hours in. I just now found out that there are random battles lol. Now that I have upgraded my classes and learned some abilities it's not as impossible.

Well yes, that's why most SPRG veterans, whether they like FFT or not, think it's an easy game, it's very uncommon for SPRGs to let the player grind or farming of any sort (whether be exp, currency, materials, etc), FFT allows JP and Exp farming, random battles level up with you, but story missions don't, if you have trouble with one story mission you can always grind your way to the top.

Anyways, if you like the idea of grinding for level superiority, Mandalia Plains is the best place, it's straight forward, doesn't have any powerful monsters, and it's accessible all the game, keep in mind that the final dungeon can be crushed by level 70 or so...

So grinding to 99 pretty much breaks the game, and it's not that hard to do, if you want some sort of challenge, I invite you to check the Tutorials Daravon gives, they give you a solid grasp of the game mechanics, so you don't need to really grind for levels, and only farm JP to unlock the classes you want and buy the skills you wish.

Friendly Advice regarding unlocking classes, if you already know skip the next paragraph:

And if you don't know this yet, unlocking classes is all about JOB level, you must stay in one job and earn enough JP to get that job level to the minimum required for another class to unlock, Monk is unlocked at Knight level 4(I think), that means you must get Knight to level 4 by earning lots of JP, this will unlock the Monk class only for that character, if you want others to become Monks, they also need to have Knight job level of 4 or more.

Anyways, the game is pure win, and IMHO, one of the best games for the PSX, and one of my personal favorites of all time, I really hope you enjoy it.  :D

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 02, 2010, 08:43:48 am »
Hey, maybe the special fan wanted game is an ACTUAL sequel to FFT (or Vagrant Story for that matter)! ^_^

Anyways, I did indeed just get all 12 of those sad little achievements for 1 vs 100 on XBL...idk how I feel about having that stupid logo in my gamer profile thing though...The only other thing I'm even close to is ODST and w/o a good, reliable 3-man team to back me up, I just don't think I can get through those Firefights (much less the remaining Vidmasters)...V_V

Oh yeah and I'm REALLY getting tired of all the sidequests in this Citadel beginning part of Mass Effect...It's probably my own fault as I always try to hunt those down (precious, precious EXP...)...Only 2 or 3 more of those stupid Keepers left to scan, hooray! Looks like I'm going the paragon route (don't know how much it matters, but I do so enjoy being charming for once in my life lol)...I just can't help but think how awesome a renegade female would be though...*sigh* I damn well better squelch that idea fast though...Don't have the time to be restarting shiz, much less trying to play multiple saves of the same game...

Gaming callus hooooooooooooo~!!!

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 02, 2010, 08:54:07 am »
Well... the Citadel is full of those side-questies, but you can ignore them if you want, you won't be hurting for experience in this game if you kill the enemies outside the Mako instead of gunning them with the cannon rockets. Remember to never kill them inside the Mako, if you must, you can weaken them with the machine gun, then just before they die, step outside, and blast them with your guns, you get the full experience that way.

Also, the alignment system is a little different from KotOR, you can do Renegade stuff, and you will get Renegade points, but this doesn't decrease your Paragon bar, so... if the situation arise, you can choose the Renegade route without compromising your Paragon status, I think I like this better, because sometimes the Paragon route is just too goody2shoes, and my character wouldn't go for that(and I didn't) like in the personal side-quest revolving around Garrus.

EDIT: One more thing, I really suggest you go for Dr. Liara T'soni first, right before you leave the Citadel, you will be prompted to go to one of 3 star clusters to do different things, start with the one that involves rescuing her, because she will become available as a party member after you save her, and she's a great biotic user, and if you like her enough to keep her during the whole game and want that Ally Achievement, is best you get her ASAP, or you won't get the achievement.

Hey, maybe the special fan wanted game is an ACTUAL sequel to FFT (or Vagrant Story for that matter)! ^_^

That would be the day... or even a prequel that revolves around the 50 year War, that would be awesome, or... perhaps the next Chrono Game? A man can dream right?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:06:21 am by Dapifer »

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 02, 2010, 09:54:17 am »
I still haven't beat Mass Effect. I played it like crazy for a day and then just quit and never played it again. :(

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 02, 2010, 01:09:07 pm »
Yeah, I was sorta like that with Fallout...Though to be fair, part way through playing I DID make an evil female character in that one...Do I have a thing for bad girls? lol...I swear, I WILL go back to that as well...But I hate not having all of those DLCs (especially the one that heightens the level cap)...& yeah, I sometimes go renegade if the paragon sounds too stupid, or else I just go for the middleground if the renegade sounds too over-the-top...

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 02, 2010, 01:40:14 pm »
Exactly what I did, I played choosing the responses I would normally choose, to see if by the end I would turn out Paragon or Renegade, it ended up 75% Paragon(starting the fourth chunk) and around 25% Renegade(just a little of the second chunk filled).

What DLC increases the level cap? I haven't heard anything about that... for the first playthrough, your level caps at 50, second playthrough gives an increase in experience by 5%, and you can level from 50 to 60.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: January 03, 2010, 01:03:28 am »
Oh, I meant for Fallout (Broken Steel to be precise)...though I do have the Mass Effect with the extra episode/quest-thing...