Author Topic: Name Origin  (Read 6287 times)

Brink-of-Time

• Guardian (+100)
  • Music is the power of the imagination
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Re: Name Origin
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:09 pm »
Dude that's awesome man. My neighbors in college were really cool.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 09:48:33 pm »
I had a reason. Can't remember it much now.

It's a fan fic a friend of mine wrote and one character I took a personal liking to and they were named ONSLAuGHT. Apparantly the u had to be lower case but they'd be hard to remember for EVERY log in, so I just did all caps.

AH! There we go! Haven't seent he friend for awhile now and now that I look back at it, I would've preferred a different name, but oh well!

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 11:40:16 pm »
My name is Eric and I like Chrono Trigger. Not much originality there.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 11:43:07 pm »
Eh, you tried, Eric.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 11:44:24 pm »
Not really. I literally spent less than 2 seconds on it. I'm not a very creative person though. Which is strange, because I was when I was a kid.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 11:48:28 pm »
Everyone was. I've no creativity whatsoever.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 02:41:29 am »
My name...well...about that...

I honestly have NO clue as to how I got this name. I had to be about six or seven. I was on the computer, not thinking somuch about what was happening on screen, but I was thinking about superheroes and bad guys and a whole bunch of random crap. Then out of nowhere I thought of the word 'asafigow'. When I started making stories, I thought I should use it for a haracters name, but instead I started to use it as my computer name. You can find my name in few places, here and there, bet never really in a place you would think to look. So yeah. That's my story.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 04:10:55 am »
My name...well...about that...

I honestly have NO clue as to how I got this name. I had to be about six or seven. I was on the computer, not thinking somuch about what was happening on screen, but I was thinking about superheroes and bad guys and a whole bunch of random crap. Then out of nowhere I thought of the word 'asafigow'. When I started making stories, I thought I should use it for a haracters name, but instead I started to use it as my computer name. You can find my name in few places, here and there, bet never really in a place you would think to look. So yeah. That's my story.
Monkey.

Asafigow

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's the middle of the story, go crazy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 12:04:54 pm »
ITSOMONKEY!!!

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 04:39:23 pm »
Not really. I literally spent less than 2 seconds on it. I'm not a very creative person though. Which is strange, because I was when I was a kid.
Everyone was. I've no creativity whatsoever.

That's why you need something to keep alive your inner child. I always keep around something from my childhood and come back to it. The ideas have yet to die and I've also found when the child's creativity is introduced to more mature ideas and themes while the majority of what you get still sucks some ideas can be better than you'd imagine!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 02:37:52 am »
Came from a friend of mine in high school who said "sheeeeit" a lot, but never finsihed and would just kinda trail off.  The result was "Sheeeeeee......."  That's where I was when I started this crazy internet land a good amount of years back.

Then, many moons later, I would be introduced to State Senator Clay Davis.  He immortalized the word "Sheeeeit" in ways I can't desrcibe.  Well, actually I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeaaFTNh3xY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BsFfr4WvYA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpWKu98h3I&feature=related  (first 3 seconds)

Not to mention he's the smoothest guy I've ever seen.  And I am on three internet message boards where I have any activity whatsoever.  This being one of them.  The other being good ol' Gamefaqs which I don't see much of these days.  The third I have a different name for, sports realted.

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:48 pm »
"Tripehound" was a nickname given to the Sopwith Triplane, a fighter aircraft from the First World War, used primarily by the British Navy. I've been a big fan of the Red Baron WWI flight sim series practically ever since I possessed the cognitive skills to play video games, and this remarkable machine was the only thing in which I could keep a British pilot alive during the Bloody April period.

I originally picked the name over ten years ago for use on the IRC dalnet servers, and I've continued to use it in numerous web communities namely for its novelty. In retrospect, sometimes I wish I had come up with something more extraordinary, but hey, tripehound wasn't too bad of a choice for an eleven-year-old. Besides, I've always appreciated having a username without a random string of numbers affixed to it.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2009, 10:44:13 pm »
Samo = Russian for 'self'

Poznanie = Russian for 'perception' or 'knowledge'

Samo + Poznanie = Samopoznanie = 'Self-knowledge', the title of a work by Nikolai Berdiaiev. One of the only philosophy texts to hold my attention til the end.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2009, 11:53:53 pm »
Came from a friend of mine in high school who said "sheeeeit" a lot, but never finsihed and would just kinda trail off.  The result was "Sheeeeeee......."  That's where I was when I started this crazy internet land a good amount of years back.

I knew it!

Well, I suspected...

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2009, 04:57:15 am »
Back when I was involved in roleplaying in the glory days of IRC, I was part of a clan. We each had our own names and we had honorifics in our names. I was Lakon The Great, because I had led us to victory in a war against the Saints of Sivv. My buddy's was Lancer the Dark One because of his shadow fighting style, and we had a few others. Karels the Powerful was the name of the only girl in our clan. And Arrc The Great was my partner, so we shared an honorific.