Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484422 times)

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2850 on: May 11, 2009, 01:56:53 am »
I think a lot of us are feeling frustrated over the C&D... hell, I've only been here what, a month, and I'm still pissed that SE would treat their fans this way.

As for facial hair... well, I've always considered goatees to be the mullets of the 21st century. It's beard or bust for me. I've had three girls tell me I looked like Rasputin in the past.  8)

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: May 11, 2009, 03:10:50 am »
Is impossible... Fucking Square Enix ! If you don't want us to make ROM hacks or anything... DO A FUCKING SEQUEL! This is unbelivable how many ROM hacks has been done and none of them recieved anything. This is bullshit... I am not gonna buy any other SE game anymore, I am not suporting them they can go to hell!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: May 11, 2009, 11:14:54 pm »
So I just stumbled upon that "OMG Laith is dying" thread or whatever only to discover that it was a prank pulled by Laith because he wanted attention or something. Why would someone make such a horrible joke, essentially taking advantage of the goodwill of all the Compendium members here that truly cared about him?

What a douche.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: May 11, 2009, 11:17:48 pm »
I hate randomly feeling anxious. I mean, it's like I'm sitting and reading and then BAM! I get short of breath, my stomach aches, I can't breathe enough... ugh.

The whole CE thing has really brought that up...

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2854 on: May 11, 2009, 11:20:18 pm »
I hear ya Eric, people just like being dicks, I suppose. At another forum I frequent, a guy mentioned how he befriended this girl online who revealed she had cancer; everyone at the forums they posted at got to know her and she seemed like a likable person. A year or so later, she revealed that she was a guy and just wanted to see how people would react, for a book she was writing.

Laith suckered a bunch of us though, which really pisses me off. I mean, I didn't even remember the guy and I really got disheartened when I read that he was in a coma. MOTHER FUCK.

I hate randomly feeling anxious. I mean, it's like I'm sitting and reading and then BAM! I get short of breath, my stomach aches, I can't breathe enough... ugh.

The whole CE thing has really brought that up...
Holy shit, me too. I wasn't like this yesterday, only recently, as I've been reading up at other forums I post at. I feel like I'm being watched, scrutinized, stalked...it's really weird.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: May 12, 2009, 11:20:09 am »
Doctors and diagonostics that are essentially "don't know, don't care." There are a wide range of health problems that doctors do not know the cause of and still treat. While I understand that medical knowledge is not all encompassing, at least caring that you don't know would be nice, rather than taking it as an accepted and acceptable fact of life.

And that is why M.D./PH.D.s are on average better than your regular M.D.s. Those people tend to want to know the answer to unanswered questions.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 12, 2009, 08:31:30 pm »
Doctors and diagonostics that are essentially "don't know, don't care." There are a wide range of health problems that doctors do not know the cause of and still treat. While I understand that medical knowledge is not all encompassing, at least caring that you don't know would be nice, rather than taking it as an accepted and acceptable fact of life.

And that is why M.D./PH.D.s are on average better than your regular M.D.s. Those people tend to want to know the answer to unanswered questions.

And it doesn't help that a large fraction of the students being accepted into med school these days ain't so great either. One of them that I am unfortunately acquantainced with didn't know the location of the thyroid gland when he applied and thought the Earth was over a hundred thousand miles in circumference. I shit you not.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2857 on: May 12, 2009, 09:12:19 pm »
Bwahaha. Hey even doctors that barely pass can still become doctors: "My neck hurts," "Hmmm, sound like a rectal problem. Drop your pants."

MDenham

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Glowsticks are not a weapon.
    • View Profile
    • Java IRC - konata.echoes-online.com
« Reply #2858 on: May 12, 2009, 10:13:23 pm »
Bwahaha. Hey even doctors that barely pass can still become doctors: "My neck hurts," "Hmmm, sound like a rectal problem. Drop your pants."
Oh, wow.

:picardno

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2859 on: May 12, 2009, 10:34:15 pm »
Yeah, about Laith. He was in irc last night and made it pretty believable that it was his brother who did that. After the incident, I thought it was him, but now I'm kind of inclining to the brother story. i really don't know, and in any case, it was pretty fucked up because a lot of people believed it and were upset.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #2860 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:10 pm »
Now that all this is kinda behind us, I can finally ask, who the hell is Laith? Like I said earlier, the moment I heard "what happened" my heart went out for him, and I even made him a little get well image, but honestly, I still didn't know who he was. It was the situation that moved me, not the person. I recognize the name (kinda), but nothing about Laith rings a bell...

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:18 pm »
Yeah, about Laith. He was in irc last night and made it pretty believable that it was his brother who did that. After the incident, I thought it was him, but now I'm kind of inclining to the brother story. i really don't know, and in any case, it was pretty fucked up because a lot of people believed it and were upset.

Meh, I'm still skeptical. No offense to Laith or anything. It's easy to alter the way you type to make it sound like you are another, or more immature, individual.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: May 13, 2009, 05:06:38 am »
I had no part in that whatsoever. Honestly, I believe it was a cruel joke. But worry not, my brother will get what's coming to him.

Now that all this is kinda behind us, I can finally ask, who the hell is Laith? Like I said earlier, the moment I heard "what happened" my heart went out for him, and I even made him a little get well image, but honestly, I still didn't know who he was. It was the situation that moved me, not the person. I recognize the name (kinda), but nothing about Laith rings a bell...
I'm somewhat of a hidden member. My post count rises, yet nobody knows how. I haven't really made myself known in too many of the forums. I used to be "ClayakaMe",  "Matt Shadows", "Nathan Jonas Jordison", and the most recently banned "JEEZUZKRYSTE". I've cleaned up my act and have matured quite a bit. I'd say I've done a damn good job at being a productive member for ZeaLitY to allow me back into the forums.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: May 13, 2009, 05:17:21 am »
I knew you were Matt Shadows but you were JEEZUZKRYSTE too?

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: May 13, 2009, 05:21:03 am »
Yeah, I was JEEZUZKRYSTE. I mean, come on, it's my AIM screen name.