Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 484431 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #2535 on: April 03, 2009, 05:12:08 pm »
Ha. It was pouring when I came outside the school to get on my bus today. Just... pouring. And worst off, the project I needed to finish and was carrying couldn't be folded, so I couldn't tuck it under my coat. As for God, I feel there is some higher power. Maybe just sort of kicking back and relaxing. What it is, though, I dunno. Onto my frustration.

People suck. Let's just leave it at that.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: April 03, 2009, 07:28:56 pm »
Kind of frustrated and not.  We're apparently in the middle of spring and out of nowhere;

Sunday: EXPECT 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW!  The fuck?  Wisconsin is seriously the only state that can go from an AC to a heater in the same/1 day.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 04, 2009, 01:01:45 am »
VA has the same problem, j-man-3k

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #2538 on: April 04, 2009, 02:25:12 am »
Kind of frustrated and not.  We're apparently in the middle of spring and out of nowhere;

Sunday: EXPECT 6 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW!  The fuck?  Wisconsin is seriously the only state that can go from an AC to a heater in the same/1 day.
Probably not the only state. Here in Washington, it snowed twice this weekend, but it's been nice and warm aside from that little outburst. The weather's just screwy all over the place.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 04, 2009, 02:25:54 am »
Fuck u E*MlN....

I hate to say this on herer but you made me waste my time... u bitch!

U told me that u love me and then left me and tell me that u want to be my friend!

Love makes us crazy but you were already crazy before this happened....

Can't belive it! DAMN U!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just frustrated about love!

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 04, 2009, 03:17:48 am »
Yea just wanted to blame God for making me a lazy person. I'm an atheist but still. Nobody else to blame, so I guess I'll blame God. No offense to religious people.

You could blame genealogy instead.

On that note, fuck DNA!  You and your base pairs forming chromosomes that determine the structure of all life!  It's all your fault!

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 04, 2009, 03:20:15 am »
Fuck u E*MlN....

I hate to say this on herer but you made me waste my time... u bitch!

U told me that u love me and then left me and tell me that u want to be my friend!

Love makes us crazy but you were already crazy before this happened....

Can't belive it! DAMN U!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just frustrated about love!

Yup, it sucks.  "No, I really liked you but then I saw how happy that made you." :lol:

Head up!  Eyes...forward!  Heartbreak's a bitch, no 2 ways about it.  Let it fuel you, inspire you.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 04, 2009, 10:23:16 am »
Love is an evil evil mistress. So is DNA. But you have to learn to accept the things you can't change. ... unless you're a scientist. Then go nuts.

Yeah, DNA is just mean. I got all sorts of good things from my folks (beautiful red hair, amazing body...), but I also got the worst shit ever. I got Beta Thalasemia minor, the worst eye sight EVER, and a whole slew of other stuff.

My frustration right now is... I dunno. I'm actually quite content this morning.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:32 am »
When are they finally going to make a laptop battery that lasts more than a year? You know the technology's floating around out there, but everyone's too busy trying to sell designer laptops to worry about actual usability issues like batteries that choke out after a year of usage.

Man, if I had some capital right now, I'd track those guys down and make that an essential part of a notebook computer designed for real use. It'd be silent, cool, environmentally friendly, rugged, with a respectable looking black plastic matte finish that's easy to handle without scratching or smudging up. The keyboard would have a simple, replaceable silicon skin membrane that keeps all the dirt and grime out of the moving parts and offers some liquid protection, and the keys wouldn't be so fragile that they pop out after writing a short novel.

The big emphasis would also be on battery life with a single charge. I'd give it enough juice for a guaranteed 10 hours of real work, with the wireless on and moderate CPU usage with the screen on full brightness, and I'd use new battery technology to guarantee you still keep getting the same 10 hour full battery charge years later.

Granted, it wouldn't be sleek, slender, shiny, or sexy, but it wouldn't melt your pants with moderate CPU loads or fall to pieces after a few months of heavy use either. And it'd still be no more heavier than a decent textbook.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 04, 2009, 10:52:17 am »
It is snowing here.  It's never snowed in April in at least 20 years here.

Should we be rethinking the whole 'global warming' idea right about now?

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 04, 2009, 11:16:24 am »

Climate is a lot more complex than that. Even if things were getting warmer, it could cause shifts in the way temperatures are distributed across various parts of the world by changing air and ocean currents, causing temperatures to become more extreme, and certain places to experience colder temperatures than they had in the past. Simply checking your local temperature year in year out tells you nothing of what's happening globally. Checking things like the mass of the polar ice caps and rising sea levels is a lot more revealing about what's really happening.

However, based on information we have regarding sunspots and temperature, short term climate change such as small ice ages may also be induced by events such as a lack of sunspots over several years, and we just hit a cyclical sunspot activity low-point, so things might cool down a little. It'd be sad if such a thing happened, but was counter-balanced by global warming, leading people to think nothing was happening at all and resulting in an even worse global warming crisis after the ice age.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 04, 2009, 05:09:41 pm »
We had a snow day in April 3 years ago because of the cold or something.  Seems to be it might happen on Monday as we're suppose to get 4-6+ inches of snow out of nowhere tomorrow.  Along with decent wind speeds.  That'll be interesting to see.

FouCapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 04, 2009, 06:20:16 pm »

Climate is a lot more complex than that. Even if things were getting warmer, it could cause shifts in the way temperatures are distributed across various parts of the world by changing air and ocean currents, causing temperatures to become more extreme, and certain places to experience colder temperatures than they had in the past. Simply checking your local temperature year in year out tells you nothing of what's happening globally. Checking things like the mass of the polar ice caps and rising sea levels is a lot more revealing about what's really happening.

However, based on information we have regarding sunspots and temperature, short term climate change such as small ice ages may also be induced by events such as a lack of sunspots over several years, and we just hit a cyclical sunspot activity low-point, so things might cool down a little. It'd be sad if such a thing happened, but was counter-balanced by global warming, leading people to think nothing was happening at all and resulting in an even worse global warming crisis after the ice age.

I know many factors add up to climate, and I was mostly being sarcastic in response to the general mass hysteria regarding global warming.  While I am all for finding cleaner less polluting advancements in technology, I'm also quite positive that any amount of CO2 we produce will not destroy the earth (considering that eons ago the levels of CO2 were 3 times what they were now during life supporting times).  Maybe it could destroy us, but not the planet.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 04, 2009, 06:33:16 pm »
Who knew that by roller blading you could seriously mess up your hand?

I'm having a lot of difficulty typing this. We went roller blading down at the rink and I fell. Landed on my knees and on my left hand. Knees are bruised, but the hand... my thumb got jammed. It's all swollen and stuff. It hurts to type... but I must.

Also, watching people try to DDR at the rink is fun. They do it on beginner and gawk at me on Light and my sis on Standard. ^_^

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 04, 2009, 11:04:42 pm »

I know many factors add up to climate, and I was mostly being sarcastic in response to the general mass hysteria regarding global warming.  While I am all for finding cleaner less polluting advancements in technology, I'm also quite positive that any amount of CO2 we produce will not destroy the earth (considering that eons ago the levels of CO2 were 3 times what they were now during life supporting times).  Maybe it could destroy us, but not the planet.

That's mostly because hippies and Starbucks-drinking pseudo-intellectual liberals don't understand that even if most of the animal species we adore are fragile and highly dependent on the ecosystem being just right, life as a whole is violently tough and capable of adapting and surviving much harsher conditions than we can imagine.

There's a lot of truly intelligent people behind the push that made that hysteria though, and I think they're right in that we do have to switch away from burning carbon-based fuels for everything. Otherwise, the main concerns of this next century will be mass human migrations, extreme weather, and intense famine, with many of the hardest hit countries being First World nations dependent on technology and industry.

Some climate models even predict that the Atlantic currents warming England could change with global warming, turning the island into a frozen hell.

Personally, I think global warming will be a win-win for America, Russia, and maybe China, but a big "Oh fuck!" for rest of the world. That depends on how well we can stay out of all the wars that'll be raging on all over the world and make use of our own resources though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:09:51 pm by Ramsus »